Deloitte

Updated Jun 18, 2014

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Controller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

I was a referral and the first interview was simply the recruiter making sure I was a good fit and understood the role. That was followed by a staff level interview that went well and was a get to know you kind of conversation. Questions were quite limited on that call and we talked a bit more about what my work preferences were and my experience including experience with different tools.
The third interview was a round of 3 interviews in one day. One interview was with a manager and the last two with 2 different senior managers from the practice. For the most part those questions were behavioral questions but the last interview was a case study. Talked about different ways I would handle situations of managing client work. Tough last interview but got the offer.

Interview Questions
Not too rough. They knew what they wanted to pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

My first interview was with a Deloitte recruiter who asked me to walk him through my resume - very general. The second interview was with a current Senior Project Controller who asked me some Excel/Basic financial questions. The next was in-person with three senior managers who ask standard interview questions and also a case study portion (see below). It was not as intimidating as I would have assumed for Deloitte.

Interview Questions
    • You will have a case portion - but not like McKinsey or Google type questions where they ask you "how many trash cans are in New York City?" These questions will make you act like a Project Manager and ask your opinion when issues arise. For example: How would you cut costs? Make sure you know how to calculate project margin as well.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate since salary is great for a salary starting. Benefits can't be beat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Very nice recruiter, the people at the office seemed nice. At the end of the interview they tried to sell the company with a presentation on "Deloitte U", a first year summit. It seemed as though they were using to to sell the position and company.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions regarding the case study.   View Answer

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

3 interviews, 1 standard HR phone interview, 2 face to face interviews with Senior Managers

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you used your creativity to solve a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Basically 3 rounds of interviews first an HR phone screening, then another phone screen with someone in the office. Finally an interview in office, three separate 30 minute interviews. Each had a different theme. Consulting questions, personality and then skills questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you didn't have a time to complete everything what did you do?.... Also make sure you know how consulting billing works, time and expenses, etc.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

like everyone else that has applied for this role went through an initial screening with HR, then a telephone interview with a senior associate (where we dove into a little more dept about the technical requirements of the job), and then a in house interview (behavioral questions, case study, and little about my background), but then had to have one final interview with a hiring manager that wasnt present the day I had my on site interview so 4 interviews total.

Interview Questions
    • My last interview was more about the qualities I was seeking in a manager so that threw me off a bit and I believe it was ultimately what cost me an offer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

I was initially referred by a current employee. I got a call shortly thereafter from a recruiter, who went over some basic information with me. The recruiter was great and helpful, and not hard to get a hold of (like recruiters with some other companies).

After speaking with the recruiter, I had a "technical screen," which was basically a phone interview with a current manager familiar with the position. It took about a half hour, and the questions were related to prior knowledge of Excel and other software, and basic financial and accounting knowledge. This was a great time to ask questions of the current manager, to find out more about the position. The interviewer then reported back to the recruiter.

A day or two later I got a call to set up an in-person interview. There were at least a dozen other interviewees in the Rosslyn office - it seems like Deloitte does regular "interview days," where they interview many people for various available positions. I interviewed with three managers, who did 3 different interviews: a behavioral interview, case studies, and a general personality and fit interview. The first interview was a basic chance to show off accomplishments and past experiences. The case studies were short, with a paragraph-long situation followed by 4 or 5 questions. The point of this was for the interviewer to see my problem solving process and pick up on some technical skills. The third interview was more casual, and was more of a conversation about fit, career goals, and life at Deloitte.

Interview Questions
    • You are working a project and you have an idea that you think can add value. The project manager disagrees, but you know that your idea is best for the client. How do you approach the situation when the PM has already turned it down once?   Answer Question
    I received an offer from the recruiter, and asked for about 10% more. A couple days later they called with a revised offer, which was about 3% higher than the original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

First interview is with a recruiter who just wants to know your past work experience, communication skills and determine if you are a good candidate. My recruiter was super nice and if you connect with the recruiter they will really go to bat for you when the partners determine you candidacy.

Next interview is with an actual employee in your potential office who is trying to see your excel skills and knowledge of the job. They also give information on the job.

If you pass those you are invited to the office for three interviews. One of them is a series of mini case studies that just want to see your logical thinking of how you would resolve the issue. The interviewer gives you hints. I think it is mostly about communication as well as excel skills and organization of thoughts. The second interview is more a fit interview. The third is more of a friendly/fit/ask questions.

The interview process was not as stressful as some I have been in. Make sure you have a personality, and can communicate your past experience as well as what you will be doing if offered the job and you shouldn't have a problem.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate, but then again I was coming in with only a year of experience.

Project Controller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

I was contacted via LinkedIn by an internal recruiter. After a few email exchanges I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter followed by another phone interview with a Project Controller Manager. I was then invited to in-person interview in the office where I interviewed with 2 Managers and 1 Senior Manager. The entire process (from Linked email to in person office interviews) was about a month (just before the holidays in December through the end of January. The offer came two days after the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were some Conculting specific questions that I wasn't 100% sure of the answer because I didn't have previous experience in consulting. Overall I found the entire process to be very straight forward.

It was more conversational that targeted questions where the interviewer was looking for one correct answer.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

I was approached by a Deloitte recruiter on LinkedIn and had a great experience with the interview process. The process started with a phone call with a recruiter to answer general questions about the position and the company. After that, I had a phone interview with a Manager who tested my excel skills and asked some analytical questions. Finally, I was flown out for my final round of interviews with a Manager and two Senior Managers in the region. Each interview had a different "theme" - behaivoral questions, some analytical questions, and a case study. I received my offer several days after my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate relocation and a higher salary.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!