Deloitte

Deloitte Research Analyst Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process consisted of 1 20 minute phone call with 2 managers. Questions were pretty basic and vanilla. It was for a contract to hire position, and no in person interview was needed for some reason.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just questions about background and experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2007.

It was more of me interviewing them. The group I was interviewing for was a cost center and I made sure I asked each person who interviewed me (from the manager, senior manager, then partner) how the value of the group is being measured by Deloitte since it was not a revenue center. When no one could really answer my question, they shifted the topic to how Deloitte is a good place to work at. The people who interviewed me have been there from 6 to 19 years. And towards the end, they promised me that at Deloitte, the sky is the limit. Which is the reason why I ended up accepting their offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why I was leaving my current employer at that time.   View Answer
    • As a follow-up to the first question, the partner insinuated that maybe the lack of advancement opportunities were due to my job performance.   View Answer
    My starting salary. Know what you are worth in the marketplace. It tells probable employers that they are hiring a very qualified employee.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

I was called for a walkin by the HR. We had an initial screening as there were many positions open in different teams of Marketing. Then we had to take a test which tests our reading, listening, speaking skills. both screening and this round were elimination rounds. The results were announced on the same day and a time for the interview next week was decided.Had my first round with 2 AM s and then a second round after a week with 3 managers and a week later i was called for the final round with AVP. The first round was easy and they let me speak to know more about what i have done before in my previous company. For freshers it was more about branding and rsearch questions to assess the candidate's interest and exposure to the kind of tools and methodolody which is used. the second round with the managers was more of a stress interview and also a behavioural round. It had a lot of scenario based questions. The third round was smooth. Overall, knowledge about the company and a clear idea avout what you are expected to do here as well as how confident you are about your skills that match the JD , are important. I heard from them after a week inform of a mail asking to submit my documents for background verification, post which there was salary negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if you notice that your manager is partial towards your colleague?   Answer Question
    • Map your skills with the role you are being interviewed for   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to make a marketing plan?   Answer Question
    • How would you build brand visibility for a consulting firm who is not allowed to advertise in mass media?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about researching for a company which sells liquor?   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase is a little dicey as you have to be very confident about why you want the compensation you are asking for. Sometimes you have to give them time and stretch a little. A parallel offer from another company strengthens your case in which case you end up being on the negotiating side of the table. Look out to the extent you can negotiate as sometimes departments have a fixed budget.