Deloitte

2.9

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

HR communication process is good, but the company interview expense reimbursement is REALLY cheap.
    The expense report clearly stated that the meals are reimbursed if the company has not paid for the expense. However, my final check was revised down not including the meals expense and i had to drive 2 hours outside of my home address. (close to 4 hrs round trip).

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

First contact was a group "get to know you" session with all other applicants and current consultants on campus. Next was an interview with 2 people and then second round was a two day process in SF

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Resume selection is done through campus after which they take around a week or sometimes two to get to you on whether you have been selected. Once you are selected, there are two rounds on campus. Both are behavioral rounds. Once you clear them you are called on site where another two rounds of the same nature take place.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourelf in five years...   View Answer
    Strictly no negotiation.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

phone interview and came in for one in-person and met with numerous people--leaders and co-workers.

Interview Questions
    Just ask for what you'd like--you never know what you might get.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Pretty Quick

Financial Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

After interviewing on campus, I was invited to visit the San Francisco office. The visit began with a two hour informal meet and greet dinner. The next morning, we returned to the office for a short presentation followed by interviews. I attended three one-on-one interviews, followed by a group lunch interview. After lunch, we were dismissed and told that we would be notified of the decision within two weeks. A month later, I had not yet heard a decision. After contacting the HR representative, I was told that the team was still making a decision and thus needed more time. I did not hear anything further from the company for an additional month.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I was interviewed the first round around for their Information Management (IM) branch that deals with OBIEE/DW. I was introduced to a Deloitte partner via an old colleague of mine who thought I'd be a great match for Deloitte's IM service line and decided to give it a go.

I passed the 30-minute phone interview and a week later went on to the 2h-2h30min on-site interview: two technical managers and one partner asking questions. For the technical part, the basics about OBIEE were asked (what are dimensions? give me an example of how to analyze and then create requirements for the project you're currently working in) and the partner was more interested about my people's skills. I hadn't performed any OBIEE work in almost a year (the technical guys were pretty quick to point-out I'm much more techno-functional than technical) so when they contacted me back, they'd love to have interview me for their Oracle EBS service line as I'd be a better fit than their IM service line.

Same process only this time I didn't make it past the phone interview part. Which is telling because my OBIEE experience was rusty yet i passed the phone interview with flying colors. On the other hand, I've been working on the Service Contracts - CRM module for the last 3 years of my career on some of the toughest assignments (I'm not setting-up your typical SC module for manufacturing of tangible items but rather intangible subscriptions items -- much more difficult) and I guess I'm not a good fit for "what they're currently looking for?" (which was never told or defined to me -- that's a lapse from the recruiter's side who sounded young and disorganized).

Honestly, this kind of process simply tells me this is another huge company with thousands of mid-level managers that have nowhere to go (and can go nowhere since the salary they're given now would never be matched somewhere else). I only went through this highly bureaucratic and painful process of having to deal with Deloitte in order to use them as a bargaining chip for the other jobs I am currently applying for as they were offering the highest salary.

But after almost having an offer in their IM division (which I had much less experience in) and then being declined an offer for their EBS division (which I have excellent, hands-on experience with) demonstrates that I dodged a bullet altogether.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. "What kind of different service contracts are there?" "What are some of the setups to be defined for Service Contracts?" "Tell me about your current role in your current project?   Answer Question

Forensic Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

I spent dozens of hours meeting with as many people as possible at the firm. I was already firm friends with several people at the director and partner level. Being personable and passionate about the industry is critical for them. Also, be able to tie in why the company's culture attracts you. They will ask you all about your academic background and work experience, but if you have the interview they already like what they see. Communicating effectively is key here.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a coworker that was not cooperative.
      Tell me about a time you failed.
        Answer Question

Haven't decided yet, actually.

Financial Advisory Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I applied through my university's online recruiting system. The application consisted of a resume, transcript, and cover letter. A few weeks later, I was contacted by their regional recruiter and I set an appointment for a 30 minute interview at my campus career center. The interview was entirely behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you dealt with a conflict between your personal and professional life. How did you prioritize the issues?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

ERS Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

First round was on campus. Strictly behavioral interview.

Second round was at their office in San Francisco. Extremely nice people. Mostly behavioral with a some technical questions thrown in.

Interview Questions

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!