Deloitte Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.9

Business Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I got the interview through my campus' college recruiting. The interview itself was just behavioral questions. The interviewer seemed really friendly. The interview itself was really not many actual questions, but more of a conversation. The interview only lasted about 20 minutes and then we ran out of time. Basically if you can speak about your resume, carry a conversation like a person, and demonstrate that you really researched the company you should get a leg up.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was going through the on-campus recruiting process. I did the first round, but was not selected for the second round.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

They had me do a case interview and behavioral for the first round. 4 days later they got back to me saying that I got a second round. It was half of an hour, on site, and a case interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Berkeley, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Deloitte hires in rounds and you will have to go through multiple rounds of interviews (informal, behavioral... basically just getting to know you and expanding on your resume). I would recommend being outgoing and getting your name out there by going to information sessions etc. Don't be scared to stand out and don't be quiet!!

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you've ever been put in and how did you get out of it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have about 2-4 weeks to tell them whether or not you will take the internship.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

First round is with a Senior Manger over the phone followed by an in person interview with 3 Partners. The level of person you are talking with will depend on what level you interview for. Partner interviews are case studies so there is no wrong answer. Make sure to break down the problem and talk out allowed

Interview Questions

• It is a case study and they change every year. You can google sample case studies and I think the Deloitte website provides that as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate $$. You can negotiate location.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Berkeley, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

First round on campus, two 1:1 back to back 30 min interviews
    All basic behavioral questions. Pushed a little but nothing crazy.
    Second round invited to office in LA, three back to back 1:1 interviews with senior manager, partner, and director. Second round was most chill interview process ever, barely asked any behavioral questions, just getting to know you and see if they'd like being around you.

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied for the ERS Consultant summer internship through my career center on campus. The night before the interview was a Pre-social event where we got to talk with current employees who attended my school. The event was a very relax atmosphere, but remember the recruiters are judging you and going to ask for feedback on how well you asked questions and mingled.
    The next day at the interview it broken up into two parts each 30 minutes long. The first interview was more just talking about random things and learning about the position and how the internship works out. The second interview was more traditional with behavioral questions. They both wanna see what you will say and if you can keep a conversation going since the internship you interact a lot with the clients.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you really had to sell an idea and get everyone to agree with you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about who you are and not what I see on your resume?   Answer Question

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I was approached by a Deloitte recruiter on LinkedIn and had a great experience with the interview process. The process started with a phone call with a recruiter to answer general questions about the position and the company. After that, I had a phone interview with a Manager who tested my excel skills and asked some analytical questions. Finally, I was flown out for my final round of interviews with a Manager and two Senior Managers in the region. Each interview had a different "theme" - behaivoral questions, some analytical questions, and a case study. I received my offer several days after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate relocation and a higher salary.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Two Rounds of Interviews. Round 1 asks the typical questions, "What are your strengths/weaknesses." The interviewers on site are entry level (just to greet and informally chat with) Deloitte employees to Sr. Consultants & Directors (who do the interviews). Deloitte basically grabs current employees to do a few interviews per year, so they glance over your resume and then look a bank of standard interview questions. They are looking for well thought out answers like any other firm, but are very good about taking the interview into a conversation. Round 1 they really just want to make sure they would enjoy working with you if you were assigned to their team.

Round 2 was another interview with a Director and then a case study with a Sr. Consultant. The case study actually mirrored the SDLC example shown on their website as someone mentioned earlier.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

On-campus case interviews followed by visit to the company for further case interviews.