Deloitte

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.9

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Two Rounds of Interviews. Round 1 asks the typical questions, "What are your strengths/weaknesses." The interviewers on site are entry level (just to greet and informally chat with) Deloitte employees to Sr. Consultants & Directors (who do the interviews). Deloitte basically grabs current employees to do a few interviews per year, so they glance over your resume and then look a bank of standard interview questions. They are looking for well thought out answers like any other firm, but are very good about taking the interview into a conversation. Round 1 they really just want to make sure they would enjoy working with you if you were assigned to their team.

Round 2 was another interview with a Director and then a case study with a Sr. Consultant. The case study actually mirrored the SDLC example shown on their website as someone mentioned earlier.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

On-campus case interviews followed by visit to the company for further case interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

I got my first interview through on-campus recruiting. Deloitte representatives came for a networking and information event just before applications were due. I attended and submitted my application soon after. About 10 days later, I received an email from their HR department notifying me of my first-round, on-campus interview. The first interview is only a 30-minute behavioral interview with one of the more senior employees - partners or senior managers - that I think is mainly to get a feel of whether or not you'd fit the company culture but also to see if they think consulting is for you. For me, this went really well. The partner I interviewed with was nice and said I summed up perfectly what a consultant does. Sure enough, I received a call from HR that same day informing me that I would be moving on to the final round at the SF office.

The second (and final) round interview is more challenging because a) there is a case (like in all consulting interviews) and b) it is three interviews back-to-back and thus a bit of an endurance test. However, the case is not your average case that you might get out of Case in Point or Vault or whatever. For our group, they offered an on-campus info session specifically about their business technology case and I suggest you go. It definitely gives you a better idea of what the interviewer is looking for. So all in all, practice technology-based cases as much as you can, get some rest the night before, and be caffeinated.

In the end, I was not offered the job because they thought I would be a better match for the BA role. Moral of the story is, REALLY know what you want before you go into the interview process. I had a lot of friends who are BTAs which definitely helped in this process, but in the end I didn't think enough about what I wanted out of the role and ultimately I think that cost me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember exactly what the question was since it was so long ago, but the technology in question was based around telecommunications.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview process turnaround time was fast - less than 2 weeks, which was a great contrast to the other management consulting firms I interviewed with. The interviewers were friendly and respectful, they didn't play games or try to intimidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation in work or school where you faced an ethical dilemma and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

I was a college campus hire. Went through 2 rounds of interview, first was a 30min behavioral and 30min case and was notified the same day if we passed that round. Second round was the next day and it was 1 hour case. Job offer was extended a couple of weeks after. None of the interviews was on-site. We did however have a EYO day which is sometime in November (at least for the office that I am hired for).

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected questions, case was pretty straight forward just needed to structure well.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interviews were conducted at my university's career center. First round consisted of a two 30 min back to back interviews involving one behavior and one short case study. The interviewers were friendly and easygoing. Behavioral interview asked all the questions you would expect about leadership, creativity, teamwork ect. Case interview was very reasonable and was not too number heavy.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

1st interview - telephonic interview - Hr called me and asked me abt my background..

simple questions like describe urself, ready to relocate, what r u expecting and brief description abt the interview process

2nd interview with the director
    ques- describe urself, exp, what r ur long term goals

3rd interview they wanted to face 2 face but because of work i was nto able to travel and they arranged the telephonic interviews back to back with director and partner
    question - reg skill sets, long term goal, what r ur expertise

hr called me and told me i have cleared the interview and told be abt offer

no prob in that

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2010.

The interview was one-on-one with a Deloitte Manager who was in his late 20s. He was very easy going and asked a lot of easy questions like: "What is your favorite class you have taken here?" I would highly recommend having at least 5 questions to ask your interviewer because this was a very interactive interview.

ERS Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2010.

Prior to interview, attended a social function to meet & mingle with recruiters and interviewers. First round on-campus interview with a partner and senior manager (30 min each). Very nice and all behavioral. Make sure to come in with questions ready about Deloitte.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

I submitted my resume through an employee which sped up the process. I then received a call from a recruiter and thing were pretty straight forward. I had an initial call with the recruiter followed by 3 calls (one per week) with other managers on the team. The questions were fair, asking about my background and what I would bring to the team. Overall the interview questions were pretty standard, no curve balls about how many cats are in NYC bs.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your specific project...   View Answer
    • Tell me about the dept and what you think of it...   View Answer
    Terrible negotiation process. My recruiter was a major penny pinching moron. I felt like they wanted to impress their managers by hiring a candidate for as little money as possible. They tried to low ball me and the salary negotiation went on for a few days before we came to an agreement. The recruiter kept telling me that "I was all about the money" which I found ironic because Deloitte in itself is all about the money and here they were crying over offering me market value yet they try to brag of how great their health benefits were thus why my salary should be lower because of it. Fyi, Deloitte's health benefits are okay, nothing like Google or Microsoft so they need not make it out like they're on a pedestal for it.

My advice, stay firm in what you feel you're worth because your salary is tied to your title. Also, bonus are salary increases aren't very high so it's better to be tough in your initial negotiation b/c you won't be receiving a big salary hike anytime soon unless you're in Consulting and even then it's not that much.