Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Interview Details – Smooth and organized interview process. Interviewed with 3 managers/partners for 30 min each. All 3 interviews were conversation based and the interviewers were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – I was asked to talk about myself and why I want to work at Deloitte. I was also asked questions regarding my prior job experiences.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Three interview Process

On-Campus Interview: Interview was with a Director. I think it was a fit test because aside from pretty standard behavioral questions, the interview focused on our experiences that led us to where we were respectively and our goals moving forward. The interviewer did scrutinize my transcript so be prepared to explain blips and dips in grades.

On-site Interview with Manager & Partner: Separate interview but they were both very nice and welcoming. Walked them through my resume and then it became conversational. One focused more on the required questions as opposed to the other but both made it easy to talk to them.

Interview Question – "If there is one thing you want me to know about you by the end of this interview, what would you want me to know?"   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
San Jose, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Applied on campus, two on campus interviews on one day. One based on behavioral and the other one is casual.

Interview Question – Typical Big 4 questions   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Audit Senior
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Interview Details – It's a very good interview process, they are very clear with the schedule and people you are interviewing with, and also their position with the firm. They provide specific details about the job and benefits you have once joining them. The length of this process is

Interview Question – Why would you like to go back to the audit practice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The whole process from the start of sending in your application and first round interview is almost 2 weeks, 5-6 weeks if you move on to second rounds. Deloitte is very fast on sending out there approval to come in for an interview or if you didn't get it. Instructions on registering are clear-cut, although tedious compared to my past experiences.

You will be invited to a social night to meet the firm, and the following day will be your interview.

The partners were very nice, making there way around to each group at the social night to introduce themselves, and overall made a great impression. The younger staff seemed nice and welcoming as well, but that welcoming vibe sort of diminishes when you come to see them in the front lobby pre-interview. I give the younger staff the benefit of the doubt that they could have been nervous for hosting the first time, but overall, there was a significant change in their attitude, regardless if you met them before or not.

My interview was pretty straight-forward and nothing unexpected that you can't prepare for. After the introduction and ice-breaking comments, my interviewer seem to didn't want to open up after that. It was cut-and-dry business talk about the firm and work you will be doing. Very informative but not interesting when my goal was to try to understand about the culture and learn more about her. At one point, she started playing with her hair, possibly looking for split-ends?

Overall, seems like a great company, although my interviewer was nice, I was not impressed based on what she did as it left a bad impression for the firm.

Interview Question – A lot of time you will be working with groups, and there might be a member that is hard to work with.. give an example and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Two back to back 30 minutes first round interview. One focus on behavioral and other one is conversational.

Interview Question – None. Typical Big 4 questions   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral on-campus interview that led to a superday at the firm. During the superday I was interviewed by 2 partners and shown the office and taken out to lunch by a relatively new hire. Overall great experience, they notified me with a few hours after the interview to let me know that I got the offer.

Interview Question – Just general behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected.
- Walk me through your resume
- Give me your 30 sec pitch
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Campus recruitment attends my university accounting career fair. From there, you are selected for an interview based on your resume and interaction with local recruiters and past students currently working with Deloitte.

Interview Question – Very informal interview with a conversational flow.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went on to other Big 4 Accounting Firm

Consultant Interview

Consultant
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was not bad. There are three interviews: One with the recruiter, one with a manager, and one with a principal at your desired office. Deloitte looks a lot for personality in addition to grades. Try to stand out and meet as many people as possible. Network your way to a job!

Interview Questions

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was on campus, it was pretty simple, they had prospective full timers who attended our university greet us. The interview consisted of a 1:1 interview with a current partner at Deloitte. The interview itself was pretty normal, I was asked some simply behavioral questions, such as why Deloitte, why did you choose your university. How you handle deadlines, and to describe a time where I was working in a group where I took leadership and what was the outcome of the situation.

Interview Questions

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!