Deloitte Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

very good organized , all from my resume, asked about my last project , what's I achieved, where I see myself after 5 years , HR contact me to ask for in side interview , it's long day 3 different meeting , Technical first , 2ed with the Manager ,3rd with the HR they gave me the offer

Interview Questions

• Technical question from my resume , what I have been doing in my last 10 years   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

one first round on campus. Get accepted to the second round. The day started with light breakfast and presentation from partner. two back to back interview. then office tour and lunch. Got the offer after three hours from one of my interviewer.
    Deloitte is very fast in giving out results, including initial screening, first round and second round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to first round interview. Check in with the receptionist, then went to the conference room to wait to be guided by a buddy to the interview room. Be nice to everyone cuz anyone you get in touched will be asked their feelings about you.

Small talk, I was asked the name of the place where we had the preinterview social the day before. First the employer introduced himself, then I did following that. Since I don't have any tax related working experience, questions are more about items on my resume including coursework (what the course is about), academic projects, thesis, extracurricular activity (the local tax conference I attended). Some general questions are like" why choose Deloitte", "why choose tax,"" what I expect to be in career five years from now."Prepare some question you want to ask the employer about either the company or the employer as an individual. The whole process is more like a free conversation, you can ask questions any time after you finished the previous topic. Remember to get a business card and send thank you letter right after interview and as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken a leadership role before and how do you lead to make achievement.   1 Answer

Tax Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process. The interviews are very much like a normal conversation. Several of my interviews consisted of me asking more questions than the interviewer asking me. That was fine with me, as I was prepared for this to happen. A few behavioral questions were asking and the typical question, "So why did you choose tax?"

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you demonstrated leadership while working in a group.   1 Answer

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked at the company. I had a phone screen to discuss what I was looking for in the job. Went in for a 1:1 in-person interview. Received the offer within the week.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there, what my background was, where I wanted to go with my career.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied on campus, two on campus interviews on one day. One based on behavioral and the other one is casual.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Smooth and organized interview process. Interviewed with 3 managers/partners for 30 min each. All 3 interviews were conversation based and the interviewers were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about myself and why I want to work at Deloitte. I was also asked questions regarding my prior job experiences.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The whole process from the start of sending in your application and first round interview is almost 2 weeks, 5-6 weeks if you move on to second rounds. Deloitte is very fast on sending out there approval to come in for an interview or if you didn't get it. Instructions on registering are clear-cut, although tedious compared to my past experiences.

You will be invited to a social night to meet the firm, and the following day will be your interview.

The partners were very nice, making there way around to each group at the social night to introduce themselves, and overall made a great impression. The younger staff seemed nice and welcoming as well, but that welcoming vibe sort of diminishes when you come to see them in the front lobby pre-interview. I give the younger staff the benefit of the doubt that they could have been nervous for hosting the first time, but overall, there was a significant change in their attitude, regardless if you met them before or not.

My interview was pretty straight-forward and nothing unexpected that you can't prepare for. After the introduction and ice-breaking comments, my interviewer seem to didn't want to open up after that. It was cut-and-dry business talk about the firm and work you will be doing. Very informative but not interesting when my goal was to try to understand about the culture and learn more about her. At one point, she started playing with her hair, possibly looking for split-ends?

Overall, seems like a great company, although my interviewer was nice, I was not impressed based on what she did as it left a bad impression for the firm.

Interview Questions

• A lot of time you will be working with groups, and there might be a member that is hard to work with.. give an example and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Two back to back 30 minutes first round interview. One focus on behavioral and other one is conversational.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Three interview Process

On-Campus Interview: Interview was with a Director. I think it was a fit test because aside from pretty standard behavioral questions, the interview focused on our experiences that led us to where we were respectively and our goals moving forward. The interviewer did scrutinize my transcript so be prepared to explain blips and dips in grades.

On-site Interview with Manager & Partner: Separate interview but they were both very nice and welcoming. Walked them through my resume and then it became conversational. One focused more on the required questions as opposed to the other but both made it easy to talk to them.

Interview Questions

• "If there is one thing you want me to know about you by the end of this interview, what would you want me to know?"   Answer Question