Deloitte

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

I had a recruiter contact me through LinkedIn for the position. I had one phone interview with a senior manager and three in-person interviews with a principal, director and a manager. The phone interview last about 30 minutes while each of the in-person interviews last between 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were basic with asking about personal life, past jobs and experience. Why did you apply for the job and why do you want this job. Do you feel qualified for the position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

A recruiter contacted me after I applied a few months back. After a pleasant initial phone call, the recruiter coordinated for me to fly out to the east coast for an in-office interview the following week. I interviewed with four different guys within the practice in sequence. It was pretty casual and more a general discussion about my goals, experience and their needs, than a grilling of any technical variety. Received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle the shift from a technical to non-technical environment?   Answer Question

As I was going from public to private sector, I felt there needed to be more incentive for me to move coast to coast outside of the consulting experience being offered. Their response will be to tell you to think big picture, but not willing to sweeten the pot... Base salary offer was lowballed, no relocation support, signing bonus or any of the other perks that we in the public sector generally miss out on...and Deloitte can easily offer.

Senior Associate Interview

First round with senior manager and final round with partner. The questions are based on resume and a lot of why Deloitte and why this function questions. In general very conversational rather than technical based. But some partners like to discuss very detailed technical questions during the interview process

Interview Questions
    • How do you lead the team to finish the annual audit of company ABC ahead of schedule?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

I had almost the whole afternoon interviewing with 5 people. HR, Director, 2 senior managers, and a partner. It was pretty intense. First I met with HR and she took me to a conference room then one by one I meet the others. The people are very nice and done lots of talking too.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part is you really have to shine yourself at the interview. Don't ever let them do all the talking. Compare your work experience with the job description and take out a few things from your resume and elebroate with the job you applied for. Do your research ahead of time! Sometimes even though you have all the skills that they are looking for but you might not be the great fit for the candidate because they look at how you respond with their questions and whether you will fit with the group. Be confident, show interest, and smile!
      Questions: Why Deloitte? Your work experience..etc
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

I gave my resume to a guy who worked at Deloitte. He gave my resume to his Partner, who in turn contacted the Recruiter to schedule a telephone interview. The Deloitte recruiter was very pleasant. I had a telephone interview with her, and then I was called in to the Washington office to interview seperately with four individuals - one Sr. Associate, one Manager, one Director, and one Partner. Each interview lasted an hour, and the questions were all focused on my work history and skill set. And they also told me about the position and the client I would be working for. After that I was called in again for another interview with a different another Partner, which went very well. I received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult interview questions. It was very straightforward.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate a higher salary, but Deloitte said no. I think there is more room for salary negotiation at a higher professional level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Very standard interview process for a Big4 firm...2 phone interviews and 3 rounds of in-person interviews, including a case study. The only snag in the process was during the background check and offer process. The 3rd party company that does background checks was not very efficient. I was also recruited by a PPD, but his input was not provided to HR until the last phase of hiring. This lag of information ultimately led to a delay in the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was the most difficult, because the interviewer was intentionally being a contrarian. First they give you a general outline of a business case and then they start asking you to develop the scenario. At predetermined intervals, the interviewer will provide additional information about the case study. When the last bit of information is provided, the interviewer is looking for the candidate to put all the pieces together and paint a Deloitte-inspired picture of a business case.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Spoke to the recruiter a few times by phone, then had phone interview with a manager. Then went into the office and met with recruiter, then was interviewed by two client service professionals and a security representative. Later had phone interview with partner. HR then contacted me a few days later to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent current event and how our firm would be able to provide value to the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

I submitted my resume through an employee which sped up the process. I then received a call from a recruiter and thing were pretty straight forward. I had an initial call with the recruiter followed by 3 calls (one per week) with other managers on the team. The questions were fair, asking about my background and what I would bring to the team. Overall the interview questions were pretty standard, no curve balls about how many cats are in NYC bs.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your specific project...   View Answer
    • Tell me about the dept and what you think of it...   View Answer
    Terrible negotiation process. My recruiter was a major penny pinching moron. I felt like they wanted to impress their managers by hiring a candidate for as little money as possible. They tried to low ball me and the salary negotiation went on for a few days before we came to an agreement. The recruiter kept telling me that "I was all about the money" which I found ironic because Deloitte in itself is all about the money and here they were crying over offering me market value yet they try to brag of how great their health benefits were thus why my salary should be lower because of it. Fyi, Deloitte's health benefits are okay, nothing like Google or Microsoft so they need not make it out like they're on a pedestal for it.

My advice, stay firm in what you feel you're worth because your salary is tied to your title. Also, bonus are salary increases aren't very high so it's better to be tough in your initial negotiation b/c you won't be receiving a big salary hike anytime soon unless you're in Consulting and even then it's not that much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2008.

1st round - one case and one behavioral interview; on campus through career services at my school
    2nd round - 2 case interviews and two behavioral interviews, on location in the office that I ended up accepting an offer from.

The first round case was "command and control" and was also very open ended. It was not similar to the cases given by BCG, McKinsey, Booz, etc.. If you are coming from a school where Deloitte recruits, definitely talk to alums or seniors who interviewed there.

The second round cases were much more similar to the cases that I was given by other firms.

My ultimate impression was that Deloitte cared more about fit with the firm than case performance compared to other firms (although case interview performance was definitely important!).

Interview Questions
    • Your client is a children's hospital that is experiencing declining revenues. Why? What would you tell the CEO?   Answer Question
    It was my highest paying offer, so I didn't try to negotiate a higher salary.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Applied in reply to internet posting. Got interview call, 3 face to face interview