Deloitte

Updated Oct 11, 2014

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Really tough, 6 interviewers. Went back and forth with different groups to determine which group is a good fit. Seemed unorganized and crazy. Wanted me to relocate then changed their mind at the last minute so this really helped me make my decision.

NA - Just glad to have a job

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

I was contacted by a Deloitte Consulting recruiter through LinkedIn - I have 10+ years experience implementing government healthcare systems and 20+ years of solid IT project experience.

I had two calls with the Deloitte recruiter and both went very well. Then I had a technical interview with a senior manager who had lead the technical design work for a very large project they had bid on - the project they were recruiting for - in government healthcare. According to the recruiter, I did extremely well and he schedule the local office visit.

The day before the office interview visit, the recruiter called me and said he had forgotten to ask my current salary. I told him my current salary and there was a long silence. I asked if my current salary was inline with their compensation plan and he said it would not be an issue. The tone of the recruiter's voice was noticably different than it was at the beginning of the call.

The next day I went to the office and started with the case study. The interviewer was young and a bit nerdy but appeared to be very smart. The case study was not related to healthcare IT but according to the recruiter, I nailed it. He said that most people who fail, fail on the case study portion of the interview.

The other two interviews were rather strange. One guy was a partner. He was about my age but appeared to be at least 20 years older. He spent most of our scheduled 30 minutes telling me about the previous day when he arrived at the airport and found the tire on his new MB was flat. He was outraged that the dealer wanted to charge him $1,000 for a new rim - and how he couldn't possibly have bent a rim on his new expensive car. I asked him a lot of questions about why the firm wanted to get into the government healthcare IT space. He admitted that he had no healthcare experience and his response was basically - we've studied the market and that's where the money is.

The other guy, a senior manager, appeared to be recovering from a serious case of jet lag. He asked a few strange questions. He was reading them from his laptop and even he found them difficult to read out loud. They appeared to be a bunch of buzz words strung together in an attempt to form a hypothetical question. I obviously bombed this interview because the questions were so absurd.

I have a master degree from a top tier school and significant industry experience and I thought that two of the three interviews were a total waste of time. This was an opportunity for Deloitte to impress me and to sell me on coming to work for them. After all, they are trying to break into a mature industry that my current company has dominated for three decades. Instead, they appeared to have one bright young consultant and two burned out members of their 'leadership" team who are showing up just to fulfill their obligatory interview time on Friday after a week of being out of town.

I left the interview knowing that I would probably not receive an offer and if I did, I was probably not going to accept it. I was disappointed that I had wasted a day off, but there was one benefit from going through the interview experience. If Deloitte's arcane interview process does not change, and they are only interested in hiring androids, then the companies that dominate the healthcare IT industry do not need to worry about Deloitte winning any new business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

An external recruiter performed the initial contact and pre-screening with me via telephone. She also provided interviewing tips verbally and in writing. Once I passed the pre-screening call, I spoke with a Deloitte recruiting professional. After the second call, I the external recruiter informed me that Deloitte wanted to schedule a set of in-person interviews with four consultants and managers.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was posed to me outside of an interview. A consultant asked me if I would be willing to work 7 days a week (4 days away from home in another city, 1 day in a Deloitte office and 2 days on the weekend).   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

Multiple stages beginning with a phone interview and ending with a 3 hour+ face to face panel-type interview process. Lots of paperwork to fill in.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ready to travel every week? This job will change your social life and you need to be prepared for that.   Answer Question
    It was fine. The firm knew what it wanted to offer and I knew what I wanted to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Two interviews of 30 minutes each. First one behavioural with tell me about a time when..... type of questions.no resume walk as i had networked with the interviewer before. the second round was a case interview that went on with lots of cross questioning.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult team member   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

This Interview was for Deloitte technology practice had my first round in campus. it was a case and a behavioral. for behavioral they asked me about technology trends, team work skills and leadership. The case promote was really long and found it difficult to jot down in paper. But over all the interviews where friendly and supportive.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part for me was when my second round interview turned into a technology discussion. I would recommend people to look at some of the technologies where they have experience and think through how they fit into different service lines in Deloitte. It is also good to look at some of the products available in the market for a solution you worked on before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2011.

There was a screening interview in the begining by a recruiter. There was a phone interview later and was selected for 1:1.
    After 2 weeks had a 1:1 interview with 3 managers. I think I screwed up the last case demo interview.

I didn't get selected. But it was a quite an experience.

Interview Questions
    • Based on the business scenario what business model would you suggest.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2011.

First of all, I have to admit that this was the most professional and pleasant interview process that I have ever experienced. I had 2 phone interviews and 2 face-to-face interviews. The interviewers were well prepared. It was obvious that they kept in communication throughout the interview process, because I only had to introduce myself to the first interviewer and the subsequent interviewers began the interview with recapping my background. The questions were mostly behavioral. My technical abilities were not questioned. I felt as if the interviewers were more interested in my worth ethic and ability to represent the company since my position would require constant interaction with the client.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about the culture of your current employer, what would that one thing be?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. I was very honest with HR and genuinely communicated any concerns that I had with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

The interview process consisted of two telephone rounds and then two on-site case interviews. The first telephone interview was behavioral. The second telephone interview was technical. The first case interview was technical. The second case interview was strategy. The HR manager was very easy to communicate and coordinate with. The cases were similar to the ones posted online on the website.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you considering Deloitte at this point in your career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2008.

I was extremely impressed with the entire process. Although it seemed pretty shallow at the time. I didn't have to field any case studies etc. I was working at IBM and was a referral. I had one phone interview with a recruiter on a Monday, one phone interview with a manager that Wednesday, 3 in person interviews the following Friday in Atlanta (they flew me there).

Interview Questions
    • We just chatted really... I was expecting much more but this was back in 2007 and times were good.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I requested more and they said no. I requested the signing bonus be added to my salary instead and they said no.