Deloitte

3.1

202 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

I recruited through my university, there were two rounds on interviews. In the first round there was on behavioral and one technical case. In the second round it was a full day of interviews (combination of behavioral and case)

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

At least 3 phases. This can be after HR Initial first contact. Interviews were a bit vague and was not sure I would make the cut initially. Made it though to onsite with 3 interviews. Technical interview was the hardest as I was not sure what to expect for the position. The other interviews and case interviews were easy. I did prepare before hand. With preparation, there should not be an issue. Focus on Business case.

Interview Questions
    • Questions can be varied across the board. Depending on your expertise, you could be asked about areas you are not as familiar with. It depends on the person doing the interview and what they are more familiar with.   View Answer
    I did accept. However, the recruiting process took so long, I ended up with another job. Expect process to be around 90 days. I really wanted to work for the company. However, I do like the company I have joined currently too. They are flexible in start time, which does help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2013.

The interview process was drawn out over two months. I was first vetted for one project and then vetted for the bench. First interview was with the recruiter over the phone. A week later the following interview was with a current manager at a potential project location. A month passed before I was called for a face to face in Rosslyn. The face to face was pretty easy. Three interviews that were 30 minutes each. One personality interview, one technical, and one case interview. All were pretty easy as long as you know your stuff.

Didn't have to negotiate. They will only pay 10% over your current salary.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Hired from campus. 2 interview rounds with mix of cases and fit questions. Resumes were screen from university website. First round included an invite to the local office with 2 interviews: 1 fit interview and 1 case interview. 2nd round included a second invite to the local office with 2 interviews: 1 fit interview and 1 case interview. Notice of offer was made within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Cases are changed annually and are becoming more difficult, with interviewers looking for creative thinking.   Answer Question
    No option to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Really tough, 6 interviewers. Went back and forth with different groups to determine which group is a good fit. Seemed unorganized and crazy. Wanted me to relocate then changed their mind at the last minute so this really helped me make my decision.

NA - Just glad to have a job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Very straightforward; several phone interviews, then a day of round robin face to face interviews with the directors and senior managers. Total of about 8 interviews for 1 hour each.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember - didn't seem to have any thing that was outstanding   Answer Question
    I was pleased with their compensation which seemed very fair, so I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

The hiring process began almost immediately when I entered business school. People come in full force to recruit you and introduce you to the firm. A portion of the interview is case-based, so there is ample opportunity to conduct mock interviews with practitioners over the course of the semester. There were two rounds of interviews, during each of which I met with three different people. Each round consisted of a behavioral portion (standard interview questions) and an individual case. The second round also had a group case, during which I worked with five other people to solve a problem.

No negotiation available

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

I interviewed as second year graduate student enrolled in an MBA program where firm recruits for both the summer associate internship and full-time senior consultant hires. The process was thorough and covered both behavioral and case interview formats. The actual interview and offer process was completed in less than one week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter who say my resume on a job board. The recruiter asked me what I was looking for in a career and was generally fairly easy to talk to. No major gotchas. There was a technical phone screening during which they asked about my technical skills. That was fairly easy as well. Detected arrogance in the interviewers voice. They called me in to an "interview night" during which I had three separate interviews with people of varying levels of experience. Two of them were really nice and encouraging. I got the sense they were not really trying to screen for technical skills but more for cultural fit and consulting aptitude. All of them projected an air of professionalism and joviality tinged with a hint of arrogance. They filled my head with dreams of becoming and equity partner in the firm on day. That was a clincher for me. That is how they get you.

Interview Questions
    • Since I have a background in Java programming, they asked me to define a Singleton.   View Answer
    • Case Study - they read it to you. Its usually a case about a company that wants to implement some type of system (ERP, CRM, others) and they ask you how you would manage the project and what considerations are important.   View Answers (2)
    They were tough. I tried to negotiated a higher title and pay. They declined on the title. They did give me a $10K signing bonus.

Senior Consultant Interview

Went through 3 interviews - HR, Technical and Partner/ Principal. Interviews were easy and they consider your preferences of location, department, area, etc. Most of the questions were around your experience and types of projects done. This helps them in assigning you in right department and function.

Interview Questions

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!