Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

The whole process was really positive. Everyone was professional, efficient and friendly. I met with three people (a manager, senior manager and partner) for thirty minutes each. One interview was a case study, one was behavioral and the final was a culture-fit assessment--basically, will I fit in?

I had never done a case study before, so I focused most of my preparation on that interview. I applied for their federal sector, which is a bit different than their other sectors. The case study really focuses on your logic and whether you know how to ask the right questions. Deloitte loves the "people, process and technology" framework, so make sure to focus on that.

Interview Questions
  • They phrased it differently, but they asked for two strengths and two weaknesses. I had only prepared one of each!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Very organized recruiting and follow-up process. 1st round consisted of one behavioral and one case interview. While most people focus a lot on case interview preparation, my recommendation is to spend enough time preparing for fit and behavioral interview as well. Deloitte wants people who can show that they are performers and excellent team players who will represent the firm well at client site.

Second round is an all day event at a Deloitte office and includes an individual case, a group case and a behavioral interview with senior managers and partners. The individual case and behavioral interview format is similar to first round.

Interview Questions
    • Group interviews can get a bit tricky as you need to show that you can help the team move forward through consensus. Your group consists of fellow candidates who you hardly know, have very different working styles and each one is trying to impress the interviewers so things can get out of control quickly.   Answer Question
    Very little room for salary negotiations

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Resume screening, multiple interviews with senior manager and partners, very friendly and helpful talent manager to accommodate candidate's career goals and match business requirements of the firm; interviewees are honest and open to learn about you and share stories about the firm

Interview Questions
    You will be evaluated jn every aspect, from presentation, technical skill set, ability to express and communicate clearly, how well you appear to work well with others, potential for growth

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

very well organized; there was a great amount of effort put into making sure the interviewees feel comfortable and welcomed into the organization.
    There was a two half hour first round interviews - one behavioral and other case interview
    The format of the case is different for strategy and operations and for technology.
    The website has sample cases that is good for practicing.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview - everyone wants to shine so it can get intense and argumental   Answer Question
    Very less room for negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Consulting and Case and technical interview. Elaborate rounds. They will give a situation and about 5 minutes to prep. You will have to respond and answer any of the questions which may last upto 45 minutes.

Nothing much to negotiate as I was offered what I was looking for.

Senior Consultant Interview

I came in as an employee referral and things moved very quickly. I was told by my recruiter that I had an excellent panel interview and should expect an offer any day, once they figured out where to put me. After that, nothing made sense. The recruiter(s) acted as if they hadn't even looked over my resume and kept referring me to positions that had nothing to do with my professional background. I ultimately removed myself from the process out of frustration (and because I had other options).

Senior Consultant Interview

Three different interviewers half hour each. Each interviewer questioned on accomplishments and future aspirations. Most questions not overly difficult.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

On campus recruiting. Overall it was ok but had a very rude person for my last interview. I felt he was very unprofessional, I think he was trying to make it a stress interview but definitely went over the line. Also, they shuttled us from school and the shuttle was 1 hour late to go back (which made me 10 min late for my next interview..) The last interview was very very negative. I didn't get an offer but after going through that, I wasn't dissapointed I didn't

Interview Questions
    • They mocked my GMAT which is not relatively high (even though all my academic performance is top 2%)   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation. GL, AP, AR, FA, CM Modules. AIM Methodology, Functional Consultant. Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation. GL, AP, AR, FA, CM Modules. AIM Methodology, Functional Consultant

Interview Questions
    • Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation   View Answer
    Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

At least 3 phases. This can be after HR Initial first contact. Interviews were a bit vague and was not sure I would make the cut initially. Made it though to onsite with 3 interviews. Technical interview was the hardest as I was not sure what to expect for the position. The other interviews and case interviews were easy. I did prepare before hand. With preparation, there should not be an issue. Focus on Business case.

Interview Questions
    • Questions can be varied across the board. Depending on your expertise, you could be asked about areas you are not as familiar with. It depends on the person doing the interview and what they are more familiar with.   View Answer
    I did accept. However, the recruiting process took so long, I ended up with another job. Expect process to be around 90 days. I really wanted to work for the company. However, I do like the company I have joined currently too. They are flexible in start time, which does help.