Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA).

Interview

The whole hiring process is like a well oiled machine. I was referred to Deloitte by a current employee and was able to bypass some of the screening process. It started with a phone screen with a recruiter which went well. They will ask you about your experiences and work along with asking questions about your current salary (hint: Give a range or decline to answer the question). A few days later, I was speaking with a Director in the Public Sector Group and after that -- they had me interviewing in the Boston office. Deloitte goes out of their way to make the recruitment and interview process as painless as possible, I found, and were very responsive to questions and comments via email and phone.

The interview composed of 2 separate conversations with members of the Boston team. After this, I was flown out to Camp Hill to speak to 2 more folks. This isn't normal as they wanted to check and see if I had versatility and experience working in the Public Sector as well as the general Human Capital work I would be doing. I came in as an experienced recruit so they asked me solely behavioral questions and I did not receive any case studies although I did walk them through my process in project management and overall program management support. They really want to see your thought process so be sure to highlight this.

My Boston interviews were more interview focused and I received positive feedback from my recruiter after I sent thank you notes. My Camp Hill conversations were very conversational and I learned a lot about the work being done and the experiences my two Deloitte interviewers had with the firm. Questions centered around work that I had done with my clients before and they also gave you an opportunity to ask questions. I would recommend trying these questions when it comes time for you to ask questions to the interviewer. I received really solid feedback when I asked these questions:

- If I have the opportunity to get an offer, what kind of projects and work would you have me work on? This type of questions helps the interviewer put you into the role and envisions you doing the work. I actually stumped my interviewer and she said that it was a great question and she had to think about it.

- What kind of person do you envision for this job? This gave me the opportunity to hear from them how they envisioned the ideal candidate to be and also provided me with an opportunity to fill in gaps if I missed anything and reinforce my skill set.

- What made you choose Deloitte? Easy question and provides for you to share why you would be a good fit.

I had my interviews in the morning and they flew me home later that day. Two days later, I received a verbal offer and then a written offer. I accepted. All in all, my experience was very positive and I had fun. Deloitte made the process very comfortable for me and their recruiters are just awesome. They really have an interest in your success and are your advocate so certainly use them and work with them (and say thank you!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to bring someone over to your point of view who was resistant to change   Answer Question
  • What experiences have you had managing work streams or work threads? What kind of role did you have in this work?   Answer Question
  • How do you go about solving a problem? Identifying a risk/issue?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied through a job portal. my profile is .net
    The lady who took my interview didn't even introduce her to me .
    It looked like she wasn't even interested in taking my interview.
    She was not sure of what questions to ask and asked some random questions.
    I gave all the right answers(i checked later too) but she was not convinced with any of my answer.I guess she didn't even deserve to be on the interview panel. She also questioned me about my lack of skills being a 6 years experience guy.(if you dont want to take interview it's fine, but dont judge anyone)
    This is one interview that i would like to forget.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The whole process was really positive. Everyone was professional, efficient and friendly. I met with three people (a manager, senior manager and partner) for thirty minutes each. One interview was a case study, one was behavioral and the final was a culture-fit assessment--basically, will I fit in?

I had never done a case study before, so I focused most of my preparation on that interview. I applied for their federal sector, which is a bit different than their other sectors. The case study really focuses on your logic and whether you know how to ask the right questions. Deloitte loves the "people, process and technology" framework, so make sure to focus on that.

Interview Questions

• They phrased it differently, but they asked for two strengths and two weaknesses. I had only prepared one of each!   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

So glad you had a positive experience! What you described in terms of the variety of different types of interviews is consistent with our interview process for Consulting. If you haven't done a ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency for a position in the ITRM practice. The process took 1 week. Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers. A day later

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. Then shortly after then they brought me in for in person interviews in one day.

Interview Questions

• They proposed a hypothetical problem and asked me to resolve it. Each person asked their own questions and they seemed to be making it up as they went along.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered the salary and they accepted my counter offer. Always negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2015.

Interview

It was a couple phone interviews and a final video conference interview. All the phone interviews got an excellent feedback. The video conference interview was easy, it didn't look like they really planned what they were going to ask. It was more like random thoughts.
    The problem is with the recruiters, she is not a professional. I had better recruiters from small IT boutiques than from this big corporation.

My view about this company has changed and I don't longer have a great opinion of them.

Interview Questions

• Really simple questions, those questions were more random than a planned interview. They didn't take the time to have some coherence on their questions. They were jumping from topic to topic. I answer all of them.
      They wanted to present an offer for a different location that I was applying. The recruiter later drop the ball and stop all communication.
      A company at this caliber and having that type of recruiters, left a bad taste. I am professional and I can take a "NO" as an answer, but they decided to ignore all requests from my side and hide in a hole.
      My admiration for this company has just vanished.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I first had a 45 minute phone screen which was pretty standard--no surprise questions, although Q1 was "What did your supervisor say about you in your recent performance evaluation?"

After that, invited for in-person interview. Three, 30 minute interviews one right after the other. The first was walking the interviewer through my resume, the second was a case study, and the last was an interview specifically about my technical skills and capabilities.

The process went very quickly and the overall candidate experience I would rate very high.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Tell me about your client-facing experience
      How do you manage multiple, distinct responsibilities?

Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Very organized recruiting and follow-up process. 1st round consisted of one behavioral and one case interview. While most people focus a lot on case interview preparation, my recommendation is to spend enough time preparing for fit and behavioral interview as well. Deloitte wants people who can show that they are performers and excellent team players who will represent the firm well at client site.

Second round is an all day event at a Deloitte office and includes an individual case, a group case and a behavioral interview with senior managers and partners. The individual case and behavioral interview format is similar to first round.

Interview Questions

• Group interviews can get a bit tricky as you need to show that you can help the team move forward through consensus. Your group consists of fellow candidates who you hardly know, have very different working styles and each one is trying to impress the interviewers so things can get out of control quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for salary negotiations

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Resume screening, multiple interviews with senior manager and partners, very friendly and helpful talent manager to accommodate candidate's career goals and match business requirements of the firm; interviewees are honest and open to learn about you and share stories about the firm

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You will be evaluated jn every aspect, from presentation, technical skill set, ability to express and communicate clearly, how well you appear to work well with others, potential for growth

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

Interview

3 rounds. can be in any order.
    1. Round with Partner/ Director - About you/ Why Deloitte
    2. Round with Senior Manager - About you/ Resume
    3. Round with Manager - Case based

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Deloitte   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

very well organized; there was a great amount of effort put into making sure the interviewees feel comfortable and welcomed into the organization.
    There was a two half hour first round interviews - one behavioral and other case interview
    The format of the case is different for strategy and operations and for technology.
    The website has sample cases that is good for practicing.

Interview Questions

• Group interview - everyone wants to shine so it can get intense and argumental   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very less room for negotiation