Deloitte

Average Difficulty
195 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very straightforward; several phone interviews, then a day of round robin face to face interviews with the directors and senior managers. Total of about 8 interviews for 1 hour each.

Interview Question – Don't remember - didn't seem to have any thing that was outstanding   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with their compensation which seemed very fair, so I did not negotiate

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process began almost immediately when I entered business school. People come in full force to recruit you and introduce you to the firm. A portion of the interview is case-based, so there is ample opportunity to conduct mock interviews with practitioners over the course of the semester. There were two rounds of interviews, during each of which I met with three different people. Each round consisted of a behavioral portion (standard interview questions) and an individual case. The second round also had a group case, during which I worked with five other people to solve a problem.

Interview Question – What would it take to sell you on Deloitte?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed as second year graduate student enrolled in an MBA program where firm recruits for both the summer associate internship and full-time senior consultant hires. The process was thorough and covered both behavioral and case interview formats. The actual interview and offer process was completed in less than one week.

Interview Question – Sell me on the hobbies you've listed here [resume]   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who say my resume on a job board. The recruiter asked me what I was looking for in a career and was generally fairly easy to talk to. No major gotchas. There was a technical phone screening during which they asked about my technical skills. That was fairly easy as well. Detected arrogance in the interviewers voice. They called me in to an "interview night" during which I had three separate interviews with people of varying levels of experience. Two of them were really nice and encouraging. I got the sense they were not really trying to screen for technical skills but more for cultural fit and consulting aptitude. All of them projected an air of professionalism and joviality tinged with a hint of arrogance. They filled my head with dreams of becoming and equity partner in the firm on day. That was a clincher for me. That is how they get you.

Interview Questions

• Since I have a background in Java programming, they asked me to define a Singleton.   View Answer
  • Case Study - they read it to you. Its usually a case about a company that wants to implement some type of system (ERP, CRM, others) and they ask you how you would manage the project and what considerations are important.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They were tough. I tried to negotiated a higher title and pay. They declined on the title. They did give me a $10K signing bonus.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Went through 3 interviews - HR, Technical and Partner/ Principal. Interviews were easy and they consider your preferences of location, department, area, etc. Most of the questions were around your experience and types of projects done. This helps them in assigning you in right department and function.

Interview Question – Any one example of your work exp in detail   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was probably the best that I have experienced. I was one of about 12 people getting interviewed and was really impressed with the organization and over all process. I left Deloitte excited to be part of the company. If you lack the integrity of what you put forth in your resume you will not do well.

Interview Question – The business case was probably the most trivial, and only because you either knew what you were talking about or you didn't.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was a simple process! Deloitte gathers pertinent information prior to sending out an offer.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter. Met with a director for an interview. Went back for a follow up with some other members. Mostly just handshake and quick discussions, nothing significant. The process still ongoing.

Interview Question – All very straightforward. If they're playing games, it is not a job that you want.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – They had one round of interviews in college and had a technology case. The case was similar to the one outlined in their example cases. Although they were seeing how well you think on the go instead of coming prepared.

Interview Question – The case was very difficult. Also, avoid saying anything bad about your previous employer even if you hated it. Just say they were the best employers in the world.   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, 2 cases in the final interview. It was more of a discussion than an interview. It was all about trying to explain who I am as a person. Very typical, no curve balls. The people were genuinely interested in getting to know me.

Interview Question – None really. Hardest thing was to differentiate my candidature compared to other students on campus.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Deloitte Consulting recruiter through LinkedIn - I have 10+ years experience implementing government healthcare systems and 20+ years of solid IT project experience.

I had two calls with the Deloitte recruiter and both went very well. Then I had a technical interview with a senior manager who had lead the technical design work for a very large project they had bid on - the project they were recruiting for - in government healthcare. According to the recruiter, I did extremely well and he schedule the local office visit.

The day before the office interview visit, the recruiter called me and said he had forgotten to ask my current salary. I told him my current salary and there was a long silence. I asked if my current salary was inline with their compensation plan and he said it would not be an issue. The tone of the recruiter's voice was noticably different than it was at the beginning of the call.

The next day I went to the office and started with the case study. The interviewer was young and a bit nerdy but appeared to be very smart. The case study was not related to healthcare IT but according to the recruiter, I nailed it. He said that most people who fail, fail on the case study portion of the interview.

The other two interviews were rather strange. One guy was a partner. He was about my age but appeared to be at least 20 years older. He spent most of our scheduled 30 minutes telling me about the previous day when he arrived at the airport and found the tire on his new MB was flat. He was outraged that the dealer wanted to charge him $1,000 for a new rim - and how he couldn't possibly have bent a rim on his new expensive car. I asked him a lot of questions about why the firm wanted to get into the government healthcare IT space. He admitted that he had no healthcare experience and his response was basically - we've studied the market and that's where the money is.

The other guy, a senior manager, appeared to be recovering from a serious case of jet lag. He asked a few strange questions. He was reading them from his laptop and even he found them difficult to read out loud. They appeared to be a bunch of buzz words strung together in an attempt to form a hypothetical question. I obviously bombed this interview because the questions were so absurd.

I have a master degree from a top tier school and significant industry experience and I thought that two of the three interviews were a total waste of time. This was an opportunity for Deloitte to impress me and to sell me on coming to work for them. After all, they are trying to break into a mature industry that my current company has dominated for three decades. Instead, they appeared to have one bright young consultant and two burned out members of their 'leadership" team who are showing up just to fulfill their obligatory interview time on Friday after a week of being out of town.

I left the interview knowing that I would probably not receive an offer and if I did, I was probably not going to accept it. I was disappointed that I had wasted a day off, but there was one benefit from going through the interview experience. If Deloitte's arcane interview process does not change, and they are only interested in hiring androids, then the companies that dominate the healthcare IT industry do not need to worry about Deloitte winning any new business.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!