Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2008.

Interview

Deloitte is very comprehensive. Phone interviews with Consultants. 3 in person itnerviews with a case study question (1 hour). Extensive Background Check. Salary Check you name it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you conduct a research for the position you are applying for and the area you will be working in. The info is out there you just need to find it! If you know your numbers you will be able to get what your worth.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2008.

Interview

Do your homework! There were about four interviews and the last one turned out to be a grilling on the "Deloitte" way of consulting. In other words, they'll give you a scenario and ask what your approach to solving the client's problem would be but what they are REALLY asking for is how Deloitte approaches the solution. Unless, you have a friend already in the company or you were once a client, you will have no idea what this approach is. To add insult to injury, i had specifically asked the recruiter if this would be a technical interview and I was told that it wasn't only to find out that it was. Not that any preparation I would have done would have helped since I had no insiders to tip me off. They sell themselves as really positive and employee-friendly but for the most part the interviewers were curt and quite unfriendly in some cases almost to the point of being rude.

Interview Questions

• You have a client who wants to start up at a new location. How would you approach the development of this "new company"   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2009.

Interview

Process was the best I experienced through my entire career. you can tell that Deloitte invests A LOT to retain and capture talent. They really apply themselves in recruiting activities, processes and events.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

seamless

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

An external recruiter performed the initial contact and pre-screening with me via telephone. She also provided interviewing tips verbally and in writing. Once I passed the pre-screening call, I spoke with a Deloitte recruiting professional. After the second call, I the external recruiter informed me that Deloitte wanted to schedule a set of in-person interviews with four consultants and managers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was posed to me outside of an interview. A consultant asked me if I would be willing to work 7 days a week (4 days away from home in another city, 1 day in a Deloitte office and 2 days on the weekend).   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Hyderābād (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

1.Technical round- most difficult - Pure technical by an expert.
    2. Management round- not so difficult- but it also last for an hour or so and would like to know how you delivered in earlier assignment. but these are the questions for what you already did, they were not so difficult unless if its old and you almost forgot things.
    3. HR discussions- not much. they usually provide best in industry so no major discussions on salary.

Interview Questions

• why you want to leave after spending quite a long time with current employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiations.. they given what i asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Round I: Telephonic interview with Senior Manager
    Overall the interview was very relaxed and straightforward. Manager started by explaining what kind of product/ application his team is working on and then asked me about how that fits with the scheme of things at my current job.
    I gave 3 different examples of what I am doing at my present employer and how that matches with what they are doing. To my benefit there was lot of overall in terms of type of work and that played in my favour.
    Moreover, the manager also presented a case saying "What are the most important things you would look into when you are developing an application.....". I explained my thought process and then the answer. Although the answer was not perfect, but he liked the thought process and overall liked my response.
    Recommendation - Try to keep it like a conversation, During the conversation if some points come up try to link them with examples from your work, even if you don't know an answer make sure you depict your thought process.

Round II: Telephonic interview with Director
    The interview was 30 min as planned.
    Questions asked - tell me about yourself, questions on the current responsibilities to check whether I really know stuff, "what question I should have asked, which I did not ask, to make me hire you", "You seem to be doing similar kind of work we are doing at Deloitte, what is new that you will bring to our group/ company".
    Recommendation - Be thorough with your stuff, expect to receive behavioral questions and answer them confidently.

Round III: In person with Senior Manager
    Interview lasted for 30-45 min.
    Questions asked - tell me about yourself, lots of questions on the content (be sure of what you are saying and also be thorough with your content), presented multiple cases/ situations like - "If you are with Deloitte and you have to advise client to either build a solution right from the scratch or buy similar solution already available in the market, how would you go about it? I explained using an example....I thought taking an example was the best approach and also connected with one particular case at my employer".
    Recommendation - know your content thoroughly and keep your mind open to receive questions on it, Keep the thinking cap on.

Round IV: In person with Managing Director
    Interview lasted for 40-50 min
    I was expecting the interview to be more on behavioral side but turned out to be 80% on the content and 20% on behavioral side.
    Questions asked - "Tell me the purpose of this "XYZ" application you built" (the MD was really keep on knowing how we built the XYZ application since they are also doing something similar in his group/ team), "You seem to be doing similar kind of work we are doing at Deloitte, what is new that you will bring to our group/ company"., In the end he asked me if I have any questions to ask....I did ask 3 questions which were linked to our interview conversation.
    Recommendation - Be confident, detailed but to the point as well, have a positive body language, definitely ask questions...I realized asking good smart questions does strengthen your case.

Overall experience - Straightforward, not difficult, things moved pretty quickly...whole process got completed within 4 weeks, content based...need to be strong on your content, should be able to think at the spur of the moment

Interview Questions

• 1. "what question I should have asked, which I did not ask, to make me hire you",
       2. "You seem to be doing similar kind of work we are doing at Deloitte, what is new that you will bring to our group/ company".

Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, HR accepted my counter offer.
    While negotiating be reasonable with your counter and have solid reasons for the same, for example - median market rate in the region, your experience etc. but at the same time make sure you convey the idea that money is not the everything.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview

3 steps : HR will call to screen you and then a technical round which is a detailed one last for about 45-50 mins . Last round with senior manager or partner level .

Interview Questions

• They stress mostly on fundamentals of subject matter an then move for some real time questions or challenges you might have faced in the job   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Very organized recruiting and follow-up process. 1st round consisted of one behavioral and one case interview. While most people focus a lot on case interview preparation, my recommendation is to spend enough time preparing for fit and behavioral interview as well. Deloitte wants people who can show that they are performers and excellent team players who will represent the firm well at client site.

Second round is an all day event at a Deloitte office and includes an individual case, a group case and a behavioral interview with senior managers and partners. The individual case and behavioral interview format is similar to first round.

Interview Questions

• Group interviews can get a bit tricky as you need to show that you can help the team move forward through consensus. Your group consists of fellow candidates who you hardly know, have very different working styles and each one is trying to impress the interviewers so things can get out of control quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for salary negotiations

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Five Stages of the interview process
    1.Technical Round-1
    2.Technical Round-2
    3.Technical Round-3
    4.English test
    5.HR discussion

I have completed all rounds of the interview.
    Within 3 days, the HR called me up and discussed about the compensation.
    After coming to a conclusion on the salary,I was asked to provide few documents related to work experience and education.
    They have sent me a welcome mail and asked me to provide electronic acceptance.
    I have provided my acceptance and the HR gave me a tentative joining date.

After a week the HR calls me up again and says that they cannot proceed further with my candidature because the project didnt materialize.

Believe me guys.Once I have accepted the offer,they have asked me to resign in my existing company.
    And after a week,they say they cannot proceed further due to lack of projects.
    The HR guys from Deloitte are very UNPROFESSIONAL. They will not tell you the position of your offer status unless you call them.

And surprisingly, this company talks about professionalism and ethics on their web site which they dont follow.They will keep your career in danger by offering you positions and revoking them later.

So please be careful.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions relevant to my domain   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The whole process was really positive. Everyone was professional, efficient and friendly. I met with three people (a manager, senior manager and partner) for thirty minutes each. One interview was a case study, one was behavioral and the final was a culture-fit assessment--basically, will I fit in?

I had never done a case study before, so I focused most of my preparation on that interview. I applied for their federal sector, which is a bit different than their other sectors. The case study really focuses on your logic and whether you know how to ask the right questions. Deloitte loves the "people, process and technology" framework, so make sure to focus on that.

Interview Questions

• They phrased it differently, but they asked for two strengths and two weaknesses. I had only prepared one of each!   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

So glad you had a positive experience! What you described in terms of the variety of different types of interviews is consistent with our interview process for Consulting. If you haven't done a ... More