Deloitte

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
191 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2008.

Interview Details – Deloitte is very comprehensive. Phone interviews with Consultants. 3 in person itnerviews with a case study question (1 hour). Extensive Background Check. Salary Check you name it!

Interview Question – The Case Quesition   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you conduct a research for the position you are applying for and the area you will be working in. The info is out there you just need to find it! If you know your numbers you will be able to get what your worth.

Senior Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2008.

Interview Details – Do your homework! There were about four interviews and the last one turned out to be a grilling on the "Deloitte" way of consulting. In other words, they'll give you a scenario and ask what your approach to solving the client's problem would be but what they are REALLY asking for is how Deloitte approaches the solution. Unless, you have a friend already in the company or you were once a client, you will have no idea what this approach is. To add insult to injury, i had specifically asked the recruiter if this would be a technical interview and I was told that it wasn't only to find out that it was. Not that any preparation I would have done would have helped since I had no insiders to tip me off. They sell themselves as really positive and employee-friendly but for the most part the interviewers were curt and quite unfriendly in some cases almost to the point of being rude.

Interview Question – You have a client who wants to start up at a new location. How would you approach the development of this "new company"   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2008.

Interview Details – Case interviews.

Interview Question – Don't remember - standard b-school cases.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Successfully negotiated slight increase to signing bonus (with competing offer). Salary package is overall standard.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2009.

Interview Details – Process was the best I experienced through my entire career. you can tell that Deloitte invests A LOT to retain and capture talent. They really apply themselves in recruiting activities, processes and events.

Interview Question – Case interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – seamless

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – An external recruiter performed the initial contact and pre-screening with me via telephone. She also provided interviewing tips verbally and in writing. Once I passed the pre-screening call, I spoke with a Deloitte recruiting professional. After the second call, I the external recruiter informed me that Deloitte wanted to schedule a set of in-person interviews with four consultants and managers.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was posed to me outside of an interview. A consultant asked me if I would be willing to work 7 days a week (4 days away from home in another city, 1 day in a Deloitte office and 2 days on the weekend).   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, 2 cases in the final interview. It was more of a discussion than an interview. It was all about trying to explain who I am as a person. Very typical, no curve balls. The people were genuinely interested in getting to know me.

Interview Question – None really. Hardest thing was to differentiate my candidature compared to other students on campus.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – They had one round of interviews in college and had a technology case. The case was similar to the one outlined in their example cases. Although they were seeing how well you think on the go instead of coming prepared.

Interview Question – The case was very difficult. Also, avoid saying anything bad about your previous employer even if you hated it. Just say they were the best employers in the world.   View Answer

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interview, spanned over technical, managerial and even English proficiency test. This was carried out very professionally. The whole thing happened over a period of 2 months after which they roll out the offer letter provided you clear the interview.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as such if you know why you are there   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given the role I was expecting so it was good.

Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was probably the best that I have experienced. I was one of about 12 people getting interviewed and was really impressed with the organization and over all process. I left Deloitte excited to be part of the company. If you lack the integrity of what you put forth in your resume you will not do well.

Interview Question – The business case was probably the most trivial, and only because you either knew what you were talking about or you didn't.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was a simple process! Deloitte gathers pertinent information prior to sending out an offer.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – First phone discussion with HR to understand your background. Duration - 20-30 minutes.
Second phone interview technical with senior manager. Duration - 40 to 50 minutes.
Third in person technical interviews - First round is business case with a manager and Sr. manager. Second round with Partner. Third round with Sr. Manager.

Interview Question – All interviews were as per my expectation for a senior technology consultant job except the one with Partner.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 191 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.