Deloitte

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Average Difficulty
195 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very straightforward; several phone interviews, then a day of round robin face to face interviews with the directors and senior managers. Total of about 8 interviews for 1 hour each.

Interview Question – Don't remember - didn't seem to have any thing that was outstanding   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with their compensation which seemed very fair, so I did not negotiate

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Interview Details – The company recruits mostly from campuses like India Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Calcutta, Bangalore, SP Jain and Indian School of Business. There are mostly 2 rounds - one behavioral and one case study round.

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation done

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process began almost immediately when I entered business school. People come in full force to recruit you and introduce you to the firm. A portion of the interview is case-based, so there is ample opportunity to conduct mock interviews with practitioners over the course of the semester. There were two rounds of interviews, during each of which I met with three different people. Each round consisted of a behavioral portion (standard interview questions) and an individual case. The second round also had a group case, during which I worked with five other people to solve a problem.

Interview Question – What would it take to sell you on Deloitte?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed as second year graduate student enrolled in an MBA program where firm recruits for both the summer associate internship and full-time senior consultant hires. The process was thorough and covered both behavioral and case interview formats. The actual interview and offer process was completed in less than one week.

Interview Question – Sell me on the hobbies you've listed here [resume]   Answer Question

Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with a manager, with a case study, and after another one with a partner. Case study about DCF and valluation. Sometimes, other people gets group dynamic with several case studies to solve.

Interview Question – Be prepare to be challanged on your knowledge about financeira.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Went through 3 interviews - HR, Technical and Partner/ Principal. Interviews were easy and they consider your preferences of location, department, area, etc. Most of the questions were around your experience and types of projects done. This helps them in assigning you in right department and function.

Interview Question – Any one example of your work exp in detail   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – First interview went over my resume. Second was a case. Case discussed the entertainment industry in Russia. Asked if you would stick with the current model or change it to achieve the new profit margin set forth by new leadership. Also asked to calculate if the new model would achieve the revised profit margin target.

Interview Question – Case interview.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was probably the best that I have experienced. I was one of about 12 people getting interviewed and was really impressed with the organization and over all process. I left Deloitte excited to be part of the company. If you lack the integrity of what you put forth in your resume you will not do well.

Interview Question – The business case was probably the most trivial, and only because you either knew what you were talking about or you didn't.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was a simple process! Deloitte gathers pertinent information prior to sending out an offer.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who say my resume on a job board. The recruiter asked me what I was looking for in a career and was generally fairly easy to talk to. No major gotchas. There was a technical phone screening during which they asked about my technical skills. That was fairly easy as well. Detected arrogance in the interviewers voice. They called me in to an "interview night" during which I had three separate interviews with people of varying levels of experience. Two of them were really nice and encouraging. I got the sense they were not really trying to screen for technical skills but more for cultural fit and consulting aptitude. All of them projected an air of professionalism and joviality tinged with a hint of arrogance. They filled my head with dreams of becoming and equity partner in the firm on day. That was a clincher for me. That is how they get you.

Interview Questions

• Since I have a background in Java programming, they asked me to define a Singleton.   View Answer
  • Case Study - they read it to you. Its usually a case about a company that wants to implement some type of system (ERP, CRM, others) and they ask you how you would manage the project and what considerations are important.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They were tough. I tried to negotiated a higher title and pay. They declined on the title. They did give me a $10K signing bonus.

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interview, spanned over technical, managerial and even English proficiency test. This was carried out very professionally. The whole thing happened over a period of 2 months after which they roll out the offer letter provided you clear the interview.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as such if you know why you are there   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given the role I was expecting so it was good.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!