Deloitte

Updated Feb 21, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Really tough, 6 interviewers. Went back and forth with different groups to determine which group is a good fit. Seemed unorganized and crazy. Wanted me to relocate then changed their mind at the last minute so this really helped me make my decision.

NA - Just glad to have a job

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

Went through 3 interviews - HR, Technical and Partner/ Principal. Interviews were easy and they consider your preferences of location, department, area, etc. Most of the questions were around your experience and types of projects done. This helps them in assigning you in right department and function.

Senior Consultant Interview

Received a call from a recruiter. Met with a director for an interview. Went back for a follow up with some other members. Mostly just handshake and quick discussions, nothing significant. The process still ongoing.

Interview Questions
    • All very straightforward. If they're playing games, it is not a job that you want.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

They had one round of interviews in college and had a technology case. The case was similar to the one outlined in their example cases. Although they were seeing how well you think on the go instead of coming prepared.

Interview Questions
    • The case was very difficult. Also, avoid saying anything bad about your previous employer even if you hated it. Just say they were the best employers in the world.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

The interview process was probably the best that I have experienced. I was one of about 12 people getting interviewed and was really impressed with the organization and over all process. I left Deloitte excited to be part of the company. If you lack the integrity of what you put forth in your resume you will not do well.

Interview Questions
    • The business case was probably the most trivial, and only because you either knew what you were talking about or you didn't.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was a simple process! Deloitte gathers pertinent information prior to sending out an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I had to go through a phone interview and 3 in person interview.

Interview Questions
    i was able to increase my salary by only 5K. they had a limit and couldn't pay more. some people get sign in bonus

Senior Consultant Interview

Campus interviews. Three rounds of interview followed by a partner interview. Case studies, and previous job profile discussed. High volume of candidates are interviewed for a small number of positions

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

I was contacted by a Deloitte Consulting recruiter through LinkedIn - I have 10+ years experience implementing government healthcare systems and 20+ years of solid IT project experience.

I had two calls with the Deloitte recruiter and both went very well. Then I had a technical interview with a senior manager who had lead the technical design work for a very large project they had bid on - the project they were recruiting for - in government healthcare. According to the recruiter, I did extremely well and he schedule the local office visit.

The day before the office interview visit, the recruiter called me and said he had forgotten to ask my current salary. I told him my current salary and there was a long silence. I asked if my current salary was inline with their compensation plan and he said it would not be an issue. The tone of the recruiter's voice was noticably different than it was at the beginning of the call.

The next day I went to the office and started with the case study. The interviewer was young and a bit nerdy but appeared to be very smart. The case study was not related to healthcare IT but according to the recruiter, I nailed it. He said that most people who fail, fail on the case study portion of the interview.

The other two interviews were rather strange. One guy was a partner. He was about my age but appeared to be at least 20 years older. He spent most of our scheduled 30 minutes telling me about the previous day when he arrived at the airport and found the tire on his new MB was flat. He was outraged that the dealer wanted to charge him $1,000 for a new rim - and how he couldn't possibly have bent a rim on his new expensive car. I asked him a lot of questions about why the firm wanted to get into the government healthcare IT space. He admitted that he had no healthcare experience and his response was basically - we've studied the market and that's where the money is.

The other guy, a senior manager, appeared to be recovering from a serious case of jet lag. He asked a few strange questions. He was reading them from his laptop and even he found them difficult to read out loud. They appeared to be a bunch of buzz words strung together in an attempt to form a hypothetical question. I obviously bombed this interview because the questions were so absurd.

I have a master degree from a top tier school and significant industry experience and I thought that two of the three interviews were a total waste of time. This was an opportunity for Deloitte to impress me and to sell me on coming to work for them. After all, they are trying to break into a mature industry that my current company has dominated for three decades. Instead, they appeared to have one bright young consultant and two burned out members of their 'leadership" team who are showing up just to fulfill their obligatory interview time on Friday after a week of being out of town.

I left the interview knowing that I would probably not receive an offer and if I did, I was probably not going to accept it. I was disappointed that I had wasted a day off, but there was one benefit from going through the interview experience. If Deloitte's arcane interview process does not change, and they are only interested in hiring androids, then the companies that dominate the healthcare IT industry do not need to worry about Deloitte winning any new business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Easy process. Got a phone call then an interview days later. Three rounds of interviews then received an offer that next week. I took the offer. The job was totally in my field so there wasnt much of a conversation. I actually enjoyed talking to the recruiters but the conversations wasnt hard.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of working with a tech team that was difficult.   Answer Question
    Easy. I got 10K more in bonus.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Went through multiple interviews - HR, two phone interview rounds, in-house interview session

Interview Questions
    not very flexible, little room for salary negotiation