Deloitte

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.1

204 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

The interview process was probably the best that I have experienced. I was one of about 12 people getting interviewed and was really impressed with the organization and over all process. I left Deloitte excited to be part of the company. If you lack the integrity of what you put forth in your resume you will not do well.

Interview Questions
  • The business case was probably the most trivial, and only because you either knew what you were talking about or you didn't.   Answer Question
Negotiation was a simple process! Deloitte gathers pertinent information prior to sending out an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I had to go through a phone interview and 3 in person interview.

Interview Questions
    i was able to increase my salary by only 5K. they had a limit and couldn't pay more. some people get sign in bonus

Senior Consultant Interview

Campus interviews. Three rounds of interview followed by a partner interview. Case studies, and previous job profile discussed. High volume of candidates are interviewed for a small number of positions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

I was contacted by a Deloitte Consulting recruiter through LinkedIn - I have 10+ years experience implementing government healthcare systems and 20+ years of solid IT project experience.

I had two calls with the Deloitte recruiter and both went very well. Then I had a technical interview with a senior manager who had lead the technical design work for a very large project they had bid on - the project they were recruiting for - in government healthcare. According to the recruiter, I did extremely well and he schedule the local office visit.

The day before the office interview visit, the recruiter called me and said he had forgotten to ask my current salary. I told him my current salary and there was a long silence. I asked if my current salary was inline with their compensation plan and he said it would not be an issue. The tone of the recruiter's voice was noticably different than it was at the beginning of the call.

The next day I went to the office and started with the case study. The interviewer was young and a bit nerdy but appeared to be very smart. The case study was not related to healthcare IT but according to the recruiter, I nailed it. He said that most people who fail, fail on the case study portion of the interview.

The other two interviews were rather strange. One guy was a partner. He was about my age but appeared to be at least 20 years older. He spent most of our scheduled 30 minutes telling me about the previous day when he arrived at the airport and found the tire on his new MB was flat. He was outraged that the dealer wanted to charge him $1,000 for a new rim - and how he couldn't possibly have bent a rim on his new expensive car. I asked him a lot of questions about why the firm wanted to get into the government healthcare IT space. He admitted that he had no healthcare experience and his response was basically - we've studied the market and that's where the money is.

The other guy, a senior manager, appeared to be recovering from a serious case of jet lag. He asked a few strange questions. He was reading them from his laptop and even he found them difficult to read out loud. They appeared to be a bunch of buzz words strung together in an attempt to form a hypothetical question. I obviously bombed this interview because the questions were so absurd.

I have a master degree from a top tier school and significant industry experience and I thought that two of the three interviews were a total waste of time. This was an opportunity for Deloitte to impress me and to sell me on coming to work for them. After all, they are trying to break into a mature industry that my current company has dominated for three decades. Instead, they appeared to have one bright young consultant and two burned out members of their 'leadership" team who are showing up just to fulfill their obligatory interview time on Friday after a week of being out of town.

I left the interview knowing that I would probably not receive an offer and if I did, I was probably not going to accept it. I was disappointed that I had wasted a day off, but there was one benefit from going through the interview experience. If Deloitte's arcane interview process does not change, and they are only interested in hiring androids, then the companies that dominate the healthcare IT industry do not need to worry about Deloitte winning any new business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Easy process. Got a phone call then an interview days later. Three rounds of interviews then received an offer that next week. I took the offer. The job was totally in my field so there wasnt much of a conversation. I actually enjoyed talking to the recruiters but the conversations wasnt hard.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of working with a tech team that was difficult.   Answer Question
    Easy. I got 10K more in bonus.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Went through multiple interviews - HR, two phone interview rounds, in-house interview session

Interview Questions
    not very flexible, little room for salary negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

First phone discussion with HR to understand your background. Duration - 20-30 minutes.
    Second phone interview technical with senior manager. Duration - 40 to 50 minutes.
    Third in person technical interviews - First round is business case with a manager and Sr. manager. Second round with Partner. Third round with Sr. Manager.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews were as per my expectation for a senior technology consultant job except the one with Partner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Got the hiring reference from my school's career management center.
    The process consists of 2 rounds, both rounds have a case and a behavioral aspect to it.
    The second round also has a group case interview, in which you compete with other candidates who are applying.

Interview Questions
    • The group case can be a little difficult, especially if you have a person in your group who doesn't listen to other members.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

The hiring process began almost immediately when I entered business school. People come in full force to recruit you and introduce you to the firm. A portion of the interview is case-based, so there is ample opportunity to conduct mock interviews with practitioners over the course of the semester. There were two rounds of interviews, during each of which I met with three different people. Each round consisted of a behavioral portion (standard interview questions) and an individual case. The second round also had a group case, during which I worked with five other people to solve a problem.

No negotiation available

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

1. Phone Interview
    2. In person, 5 person interview
    3. Offer Letter

Be careful! If you do not understand the company organizational structure, they will bring you on as a lower rank than before joining the company.
    Initially had a great recruiter but once hired I was lost in the weeds

No negotiating possible