Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

At least 3 phases. This can be after HR Initial first contact. Interviews were a bit vague and was not sure I would make the cut initially. Made it though to onsite with 3 interviews. Technical interview was the hardest as I was not sure what to expect for the position. The other interviews and case interviews were easy. I did prepare before hand. With preparation, there should not be an issue. Focus on Business case.

Interview Questions

• Questions can be varied across the board. Depending on your expertise, you could be asked about areas you are not as familiar with. It depends on the person doing the interview and what they are more familiar with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did accept. However, the recruiting process took so long, I ended up with another job. Expect process to be around 90 days. I really wanted to work for the company. However, I do like the company I have joined currently too. They are flexible in start time, which does help.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Round I: Telephonic interview with Senior Manager
    Overall the interview was very relaxed and straightforward. Manager started by explaining what kind of product/ application his team is working on and then asked me about how that fits with the scheme of things at my current job.
    I gave 3 different examples of what I am doing at my present employer and how that matches with what they are doing. To my benefit there was lot of overall in terms of type of work and that played in my favour.
    Moreover, the manager also presented a case saying "What are the most important things you would look into when you are developing an application.....". I explained my thought process and then the answer. Although the answer was not perfect, but he liked the thought process and overall liked my response.
    Recommendation - Try to keep it like a conversation, During the conversation if some points come up try to link them with examples from your work, even if you don't know an answer make sure you depict your thought process.

Round II: Telephonic interview with Director
    The interview was 30 min as planned.
    Questions asked - tell me about yourself, questions on the current responsibilities to check whether I really know stuff, "what question I should have asked, which I did not ask, to make me hire you", "You seem to be doing similar kind of work we are doing at Deloitte, what is new that you will bring to our group/ company".
    Recommendation - Be thorough with your stuff, expect to receive behavioral questions and answer them confidently.

Round III: In person with Senior Manager
    Interview lasted for 30-45 min.
    Questions asked - tell me about yourself, lots of questions on the content (be sure of what you are saying and also be thorough with your content), presented multiple cases/ situations like - "If you are with Deloitte and you have to advise client to either build a solution right from the scratch or buy similar solution already available in the market, how would you go about it? I explained using an example....I thought taking an example was the best approach and also connected with one particular case at my employer".
    Recommendation - know your content thoroughly and keep your mind open to receive questions on it, Keep the thinking cap on.

Round IV: In person with Managing Director
    Interview lasted for 40-50 min
    I was expecting the interview to be more on behavioral side but turned out to be 80% on the content and 20% on behavioral side.
    Questions asked - "Tell me the purpose of this "XYZ" application you built" (the MD was really keep on knowing how we built the XYZ application since they are also doing something similar in his group/ team), "You seem to be doing similar kind of work we are doing at Deloitte, what is new that you will bring to our group/ company"., In the end he asked me if I have any questions to ask....I did ask 3 questions which were linked to our interview conversation.
    Recommendation - Be confident, detailed but to the point as well, have a positive body language, definitely ask questions...I realized asking good smart questions does strengthen your case.

Overall experience - Straightforward, not difficult, things moved pretty quickly...whole process got completed within 4 weeks, content based...need to be strong on your content, should be able to think at the spur of the moment

Interview Questions

• 1. "what question I should have asked, which I did not ask, to make me hire you",
       2. "You seem to be doing similar kind of work we are doing at Deloitte, what is new that you will bring to our group/ company".

Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, HR accepted my counter offer.
    While negotiating be reasonable with your counter and have solid reasons for the same, for example - median market rate in the region, your experience etc. but at the same time make sure you convey the idea that money is not the everything.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Really tough, 6 interviewers. Went back and forth with different groups to determine which group is a good fit. Seemed unorganized and crazy. Wanted me to relocate then changed their mind at the last minute so this really helped me make my decision.

Negotiation

NA - Just glad to have a job

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Went through 3 interviews - HR, Technical and Partner/ Principal. Interviews were easy and they consider your preferences of location, department, area, etc. Most of the questions were around your experience and types of projects done. This helps them in assigning you in right department and function.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter. Met with a director for an interview. Went back for a follow up with some other members. Mostly just handshake and quick discussions, nothing significant. The process still ongoing.

Interview Questions

• All very straightforward. If they're playing games, it is not a job that you want.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They had one round of interviews in college and had a technology case. The case was similar to the one outlined in their example cases. Although they were seeing how well you think on the go instead of coming prepared.

Interview Questions

• The case was very difficult. Also, avoid saying anything bad about your previous employer even if you hated it. Just say they were the best employers in the world.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was probably the best that I have experienced. I was one of about 12 people getting interviewed and was really impressed with the organization and over all process. I left Deloitte excited to be part of the company. If you lack the integrity of what you put forth in your resume you will not do well.

Interview Questions

• The business case was probably the most trivial, and only because you either knew what you were talking about or you didn't.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was a simple process! Deloitte gathers pertinent information prior to sending out an offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I had to go through a phone interview and 3 in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was able to increase my salary by only 5K. they had a limit and couldn't pay more. some people get sign in bonus

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Campus interviews. Three rounds of interview followed by a partner interview. Case studies, and previous job profile discussed. High volume of candidates are interviewed for a small number of positions

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a Deloitte Consulting recruiter through LinkedIn - I have 10+ years experience implementing government healthcare systems and 20+ years of solid IT project experience.

I had two calls with the Deloitte recruiter and both went very well. Then I had a technical interview with a senior manager who had lead the technical design work for a very large project they had bid on - the project they were recruiting for - in government healthcare. According to the recruiter, I did extremely well and he schedule the local office visit.

The day before the office interview visit, the recruiter called me and said he had forgotten to ask my current salary. I told him my current salary and there was a long silence. I asked if my current salary was inline with their compensation plan and he said it would not be an issue. The tone of the recruiter's voice was noticably different than it was at the beginning of the call.

The next day I went to the office and started with the case study. The interviewer was young and a bit nerdy but appeared to be very smart. The case study was not related to healthcare IT but according to the recruiter, I nailed it. He said that most people who fail, fail on the case study portion of the interview.

The other two interviews were rather strange. One guy was a partner. He was about my age but appeared to be at least 20 years older. He spent most of our scheduled 30 minutes telling me about the previous day when he arrived at the airport and found the tire on his new MB was flat. He was outraged that the dealer wanted to charge him $1,000 for a new rim - and how he couldn't possibly have bent a rim on his new expensive car. I asked him a lot of questions about why the firm wanted to get into the government healthcare IT space. He admitted that he had no healthcare experience and his response was basically - we've studied the market and that's where the money is.

The other guy, a senior manager, appeared to be recovering from a serious case of jet lag. He asked a few strange questions. He was reading them from his laptop and even he found them difficult to read out loud. They appeared to be a bunch of buzz words strung together in an attempt to form a hypothetical question. I obviously bombed this interview because the questions were so absurd.

I have a master degree from a top tier school and significant industry experience and I thought that two of the three interviews were a total waste of time. This was an opportunity for Deloitte to impress me and to sell me on coming to work for them. After all, they are trying to break into a mature industry that my current company has dominated for three decades. Instead, they appeared to have one bright young consultant and two burned out members of their 'leadership" team who are showing up just to fulfill their obligatory interview time on Friday after a week of being out of town.

I left the interview knowing that I would probably not receive an offer and if I did, I was probably not going to accept it. I was disappointed that I had wasted a day off, but there was one benefit from going through the interview experience. If Deloitte's arcane interview process does not change, and they are only interested in hiring androids, then the companies that dominate the healthcare IT industry do not need to worry about Deloitte winning any new business.