Deloitte

3.1

197 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Costa Mesa, CA
Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

Was referral from current employee. Recently completed MBA program at Ivy League school. Consisted of 1 technical phone interview, followed by 3 in person. 1st was Case interview w/ Sr. Mgr, followed by AP and Partner interviews.
Received a verbal offer from HR the following week, only to have it removed. Apparently HR had not communicated w/ specific partner (to which I would be reporting). Clown show bro.

Interview Questions
  • Case was straightforward and the interviewer walked me through it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

The interviewing process for the MBA full time process was carried on grounds and taken in a 2-day process.
    In the first day I had 2 interviews with 1 senior manager and 1 partner.
    The partner was very tired, almost didn't listen to many of my answers and did not challenge me with any good question. The case given was very straight forward, almost like a brain teaser.
    The senior manager was clearly trying to do the interview "checklist", making a very boring and unnatural interview. The case was a basic profit/loss one.
    In the second day students were gathered in groups and had to do a presentation on a consulting engagement.
    It's important to mention that they did not hire any international students (on a F-1 visa), and that there was not much diversity in the 13 candidates that got offers.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question (if there were any), was when I was questioned about how would my peers react when questioned about my strengths.   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

First round had two pieces. Behavior and Case. It was a profitability case; nothing too hard (~20 min).

2nd round was a group case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Group case interview has "air hogs" they proved they cannot work in a team. Don't be those guys.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2009.

Process was the best I experienced through my entire career. you can tell that Deloitte invests A LOT to retain and capture talent. They really apply themselves in recruiting activities, processes and events.

seamless

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Initial Phone Screen and In-Person Interview (Two Rounds)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2009.

The hiring process was not that difficult, you just need to ensure that your experiences line up to the qualifications specified for the position. You will need to be confident in your responses and be able to demonstrate your skills/expertise.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

The process started with an initial phone screening. From there the interviews lasted three rounds. The first was the standard case interview a bout a mock federal client. The second was a personality interview with questions about how I act in professional settings. The last part was a general experience discussion asking specific questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Was a standard business case, and questions were pretty straightforward   Answer Question
    Was not much to negotiate, there was the offer and it was take it or leave it.

Senior Consultant Interview

Deloitte likes candidates that make an effort. Get to know practitioners, not just the recruiter. Case study prep is similar to other consultancies. Once you crack case, a lot of emphasis is placed on fit and communication style.

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell a person that has been doing their job for 25 years that they are doing something at their job that is blatently wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mc Lean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Went through an employee referral, was called the next day by the HR professional and went through basic information with me. I was scheduled the next week for a technical screen interview. the questions were very basic for the role. i believe they ask you basic questions for the role you apply for, they dont go through a text book and look for impossible questions. I was informed the next day that i had passed the phone screen and was invited for an in-person interview at the main office. I had 3 interviews, 2 partners and 1 manager, the first was a case study that talked about helping a Credit card company boost sales and strategy. the next two interviews were with partners and focused on your fit with the company and your past projects. never be afraid to say when you do not know an answer rather than trying to BS.

Interview Questions
    • difference between verification and Validation, what is S.O.A?   Answer Question
    tough, still in progress

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2009.

Since I had worked at Booz Allen Hamilton, my intervieers already knew that I had the skill set they were looking for. I basically just sat down and had conversations with 4 people. Make sure you get a current employee to submit your resume. Do not go through the online process.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was just a bunch of conversations where I talked about my experience, making sure it aligned with what they need.   View Answer
    I made one counter-offer and they gave me part of it.