Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

Hired from campus. 2 interview rounds with mix of cases and fit questions. Resumes were screen from university website. First round included an invite to the local office with 2 interviews: 1 fit interview and 1 case interview. 2nd round included a second invite to the local office with 2 interviews: 1 fit interview and 1 case interview. Notice of offer was made within a week.

Interview Questions

• Cases are changed annually and are becoming more difficult, with interviewers looking for creative thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No option to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

First interview was it HR to do the initial screening, second was a technical interview with a manager. Next 3 interviews were in the office where you meet 2 senior managers who check you consulting skills and the final one with the Partner. Overall a very well conducted interview with a clear communication at every stage and you are made aware of what is expected from you.

Interview Questions

• You are in final phase of negotiation with a client and you need to give an update to the Partner in an elevator to bring him upto speed so that he can close the deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation offered was as per market standards. I did not find a need to negotiate on the package offered.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview

First round had two pieces. Behavior and Case. It was a profitability case; nothing too hard (~20 min). 2nd round was a group case interview.

Interview Questions

• Group case interview has "air hogs" they proved they cannot work in a team. Don't be those guys.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen and In-Person Interview (Two Rounds)

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Deloitte likes candidates that make an effort. Get to know practitioners, not just the recruiter. Case study prep is similar to other consultancies. Once you crack case, a lot of emphasis is placed on fit and communication style.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a person that has been doing their job for 25 years that they are doing something at their job that is blatently wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Mc Lean, VA).

Interview

Went through an employee referral, was called the next day by the HR professional and went through basic information with me. I was scheduled the next week for a technical screen interview. the questions were very basic for the role. i believe they ask you basic questions for the role you apply for, they dont go through a text book and look for impossible questions. I was informed the next day that i had passed the phone screen and was invited for an in-person interview at the main office. I had 3 interviews, 2 partners and 1 manager, the first was a case study that talked about helping a Credit card company boost sales and strategy. the next two interviews were with partners and focused on your fit with the company and your past projects. never be afraid to say when you do not know an answer rather than trying to BS.

Interview Questions

• difference between verification and Validation, what is S.O.A?   Answer Question

Negotiation

tough, still in progress

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Totally 5 rounds: 1) HR 2) Telephonic interview 3) Personal interview

Interview Questions

• All 3 were case studies . since i had real time work experience i was able to manage them successfully.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much scope for negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was drawn out over two months. I was first vetted for one project and then vetted for the bench. First interview was with the recruiter over the phone. A week later the following interview was with a current manager at a potential project location. A month passed before I was called for a face to face in Rosslyn. The face to face was pretty easy. Three interviews that were 30 minutes each. One personality interview, one technical, and one case interview. All were pretty easy as long as you know your stuff.

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate. They will only pay 10% over your current salary.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

2 phone screen interviews-mostly behavioral , 1 phone interview with talent acquisition team, then flew to their office for 2 case interviews and 2 behavioral interviews. Had lunch with managers, senior managers and also spent an hour in discussion with partners, principal consultants.

Interview Questions

• Business and technology cases. Questions were around strategic direction and technological execution.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed as a lateral hire for the senior consultant position in Deloitte's Human Capital consulting practice. My first interview was a basic screening HR phone interview. The 2nd interview was a phone interview with a partner which was a fit / behavioral interview. The next round was in the Chicago office and had 3 interviews - one case, and 2 fit interviews. I had one final interview with another Partner which was again a fit interview.

Interview Questions

• The case was fairly easy, and so were all the interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR person was quite unreceptive to negotiations - they do not provide relocation because apparently as a lateral hire, you want to join us versus us wanting to hire you, which I thought was ridiculous!