Deloitte

Deloitte Senior Manager Interview Questions

3.3

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

By applying on-line and filling out the Deloitte-taleo database I had a first call with the responsible recruiter. After one week an interview was scheduled with a senior manager at Deloitte after being selected by the recruiting department. However, the interviewer was not prepared for the particular job listing.

Interview Questions
  • None. Questions about background and experience. Furthermore questions were asked about what you expect from the position.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

many phone screens and in person interviews

Limited

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Was referred by a Partner who I've known for awhile. Interview process started with a call from a recruiter. Then I had a series of 1:1 interviews with various Partners in the practice, and 1 Senior Manager. Entire process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if we have no client work?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I was not interviewed, as I come over through an acquisition of my former employer. I was however, given a very quick discussion with my new 'boss' who I never met in person.

Interview Questions
    • Again, I was not interviewed, but instead came over through an acquisition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

I was contacted through LinkedIn by an outside recruiter for Deloitte. She sent me a bunch of "pre-interview" questions to review before the phone screen. I had a phone screen with her going over my answers to her questions and she explained a little bit about Deloitte in general. I was told they don't just hire for a specific contract position, which turned out to be false. I was passed onto the internal Deloitte recruiter for a phone screen a few days later. She misunderstood my experience level after 2 minutes and basically cut me off saying I didn't have enough experience without letting me even go over my experience or resume. It seemed like she already decided before even talking to me. I had to follow up with them to see if I made it to them next round. I was told I wasn't qualified for the position even though they said I could be a fit for an SME position in the phone screen. Very rude, unprofessional, and bad experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

I applied through Deloitte's web site and received a call from an HR person a few days later. After a 5-minute or so conversation with the HR person, she advanced me to phone interviews with a senior manager and associate director. I spoke with both a week later and each call lasted for about 45 minutes. I advanced to speak with a General Manager. After a tough 30-minute interview, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interviews that were cancelled twice.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't tough - just unexpected because I didn't prepare for them. Tell me about your project management experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

Great HR rep. Interviewed in Chicago with 3 Sr. Managers. Was invited to 4th in person interview. Did not get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter and I agreed to a phone screen. The recruiter described the position he was looking to fill and I described my background and what I was interested in. He suggested a follow up interview with the practice's managing partner. I interviewed by phone with the managing parnter and there were 2 more rounds of phone interviews. After the second phone interview, I was invited to meet with a number of parnters and principals in the DC office. The conversations were interesting and the interviewers were extremely personable. What it really came down to, in my opinion, is I didn't have a rolodex in the federal space and at the level I was interviewing for, that is what they are looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

phone interview with recruiter
    phone interview with partner
    interview day - 3 partners, 2 behavioral interviews, one case study
    advice: depends on which partners you talk to, but for senior hires, you have to prove that you can "carry your weight" by bringing in new business. Case was relatively straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • How would this work if we bring you in as a senior manager   View Answer
    • What type of due diligence have you done   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

They first contacted via email. After I responded, it took them good two weeks to contact me for a preliminary phone interview. That went well. Then they had a technical interview again over the phone. The arrangements were made by another HR person. And was arranged very hurriedly. The HR guy told me that I would be going to Austin for F2F, within two weeks. Then four weeks go by not contact, even after I sent an email. Then after about six weeks, I get a call, with another tentative date. Although they sent me instructions for the Austin trip they never mad any travel arrangements. 3 Days before the date I sent an email and was told that it has again been rescheduled for the next week, this time in Dallas. Finally it took place with four people F2F. They did not even bother to take me to lunch. I wish they had the courtesy to keep me posted with the changes in their schedules and process, which was annoying.

Did not like the offer and the interview process was so haphazard that I figured, I don't need to compromise on my compensation.