Deloitte Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Online application system is antiquated, cumbersome and asks irrelevant information. Only allows you to specify blue chip former employers and does not automatically read resume information like others do. Import from Linked In does not work properly - all in all, a disastrous first impression. Cannot save just unchanging details - e.g. previous work history - but either have to save everything including cover letter and resume or nothing and enter it all again for every job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied via Deloitte's online job board. Two weeks later I was contacted by the experienced hire recruiter via email to arrange a time for a telephone interview. We confirmed a mutually agreeable time and the recruiter confirmed she would call me. The agreed upon time came...no call. Approximately 50 minutes later I received an email stating she could call in 20 minutes if I was still available. I agreed to still speak with her and she called offering her apologies for missing our originally scheduled time. The conversation was pleasant with nothing unexpected. The recruiter advised me that she would be in touch. The next day she emailed stating she was referring me to a hiring manager for a phone interview. This interview was scheduled one week later. Again, nothing unexpected and a very pleasant conversation with the hiring manager. I followed up with the recruiter the next day and she advised that I would be interviewing with another hiring manager. This interview was scheduled to occur three days later but had to be rescheduled because of a holiday gathering. It was rescheduled for the following week. This interview was also very routine , professional, and went very well. The hiring manager advised that communication would probably slow for two weeks since Christmas was the following week. I followed up with the recruiter after the third interview. I again emailed her after the New Year and followed up with a voice mail. Zero communication. Also during this process I was provided with an official application, release, and background check. I have over 24 years experience in the profession and recently retired as a military officer. I am disappointed in the lack of professional courtesy offered by Deloitte. If I was no longer under consideration for their position a simple email or phone call would have been great. At this point, I will not consider Deloitte for future opportunities...if communication drops at the pre-hire stage it leads me to believe communication would be problematic as an employee.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions -- I am an expert in the federal program which Deloitte was hiring for.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview

By applying on-line and filling out the Deloitte-taleo database I had a first call with the responsible recruiter. After one week an interview was scheduled with a senior manager at Deloitte after being selected by the recruiting department. However, the interviewer was not prepared for the particular job listing.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions about background and experience. Furthermore questions were asked about what you expect from the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Talked with associates I knew to secure interview, several phone interviews and 2 personal interviews face-to-face. People I met with were knowledgable, asked good, pertinent questions related to the business. Provided good information on the type of work, expectations and management requirements, travel requirements, as well as compensation and benefits information. Came close but after the process, they had to put the opening on hold and I accepted a different position before it opened up again. Would recommend the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe my experiences that would relate to improving client businesses as both a consultant and /or as a manager?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

many phone screens and in person interviews

Negotiation

Limited

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Was referred by a Partner who I've known for awhile. Interview process started with a call from a recruiter. Then I had a series of 1:1 interviews with various Partners in the practice, and 1 Senior Manager. Entire process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if we have no client work?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

I was not interviewed, as I come over through an acquisition of my former employer. I was however, given a very quick discussion with my new 'boss' who I never met in person.

Interview Questions

• Again, I was not interviewed, but instead came over through an acquisition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone screen followed by on site interview day, including one-on-one interview with the hiring manager, her boss, and two additional interviews. The Deloitte team was very organized. One got the sense there were several interviews occurring that day. Travel plans and reimbursement went smoothly. The process went quickly from identification through job offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions: Tell me about a time when you believed a different approach should be taken for the engagement. How did you handle that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn by an outside recruiter for Deloitte. She sent me a bunch of "pre-interview" questions to review before the phone screen. I had a phone screen with her going over my answers to her questions and she explained a little bit about Deloitte in general. I was told they don't just hire for a specific contract position, which turned out to be false. I was passed onto the internal Deloitte recruiter for a phone screen a few days later. She misunderstood my experience level after 2 minutes and basically cut me off saying I didn't have enough experience without letting me even go over my experience or resume. It seemed like she already decided before even talking to me. I had to follow up with them to see if I made it to them next round. I was told I wasn't qualified for the position even though they said I could be a fit for an SME position in the phone screen. Very rude, unprofessional, and bad experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied through Deloitte's web site and received a call from an HR person a few days later. After a 5-minute or so conversation with the HR person, she advanced me to phone interviews with a senior manager and associate director. I spoke with both a week later and each call lasted for about 45 minutes. I advanced to speak with a General Manager. After a tough 30-minute interview, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interviews that were cancelled twice.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't tough - just unexpected because I didn't prepare for them. Tell me about your project management experience.   Answer Question