Deloitte

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.8

Specialist Master Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Process involved a 1 hour technical screening. It was all good. Everything was based off my resume. Next one was an on site interview with three rounds. First round was basically about understanding what kind of person i was, how would i handle different situations while maintaining a team, second round was a case interview and last round was again technical screening.

was able to negotiate sign in bonus and 12% raise than my previous salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Specialist Master Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I had an interesting interview process. I met with 4 Partner/Directors and 2 senior managers individually. Coming from a high specialized background, they had to balance my experience with my viability to the firm in the long term.

Interview Questions
    Be confident, know what you're worth and balance the benefits -> beyond just the health insurance, there's tons of little perks. I've had over 5 weeks of full time training in my first year

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

there are two initial screenings and 3 interview rounds in person. Deloitte pays for all your expenses incurred to travel to their nearest office, including flight and accommodation.
    The initial screening is primarily technical and the in person interview is technical as well as managerial and you will also be screened by a partner.
    Technical round is pretty detailed and they do ask specific case scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • they asked if i have end to end implementation experience of a technology which ia not even an year old in the market yet.   Answer Question

Specialist Master Interview

Came in through an acquistion. If this applies to you, beware. read the comments of those who also did. If I'd INTERVIEWED for Deloitte, there would have been no second interview, and no offer. It wasn't a match. Deloitte will buy attractive companies, and expect employees to adapt to their jack-booted thug extortionist work-life balance/firm contribution expectations.

Interview Questions
    • They use the standard business case process; give you a hypothetical client challenge and want to see how you think. If you are good, they'll throw a weird twist at you as a second round; "Okay, those are great approaches. What if in the third week of your proposed 'phase three' your client champion dies?"   Answer Question
    Offer.
    "That's not enough, that is what I make now. I'm interviewing for a $5k-7k increase, and getting offers in that range." "That is the Deloitte offer based on our broad knowledge of the industry and your role."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

I had one phone pre-screening interview and then an in-person interview with three people. One was a personal skills interview, the other one was technical, and the third one was with the hiring manager (partner).

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

I applied for a job that I felt very well qualified for, both in terms of quantitative skills and substantive knowledge. For this reason, my resume spoke for itself and I didn't really get grilled by the four interviewers who each met separately with me. It was probably the most casual interview I have ever been a part of. After the day of interviewing, I receieved a call from the recruiter stating that I was asking for more money than they initially anticipated handing out for a senior consultant, and that I would need to meet with a director who would best decide what level to bring me in at.

That happened the following week. The director repeatedly told me that "this is not an interview - the four people you interviewed with already like you" and that he just needed to meet me to know exactly how to use me. Despite it not being an interview, he prodded into my background and thinking much more than the four "real" interviewers did. Depending on how well you deal with confrontation, this may or may not bother you. I personally enjoyed the discussion even though I did not have answers to all of the questions he was asking. He also explained that working at Deloitte requires putting in more hours than my current job, and painted a slightly different picture of the work/like balance at Deloitte than the previous four interviewers.

In the end Deloitte made an for me to come in on their Specialist track as a Specialist Master.

Interview Questions

Looking at Glassdoor's salaries for Specialist Master positions at Deloitte as a benchmark, they were definitely bringing me in on the low side, and the money was just not worth making the move.