Deloitte

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview Details – Out of university, standard interviews of university graduates.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't agree with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offered and I accepted.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Lots of behavioral type question, campus interview, office interviews.
internships are available, externship process

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a teammember under performing and how did you deal with that   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none as a staff accountant

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Went to the social and the on campus interview. Really depends on the interviewer you get, who you might have met the social. My interviewer was a senior manager and was very strict and asked behavioral questions from a packet, though friends had one where it was more conversational with no behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to solicit advice and how did it affect your work   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was mainly personality based. The firm was looking for professionals who have similar outlooks on life and work and wanted the hired staff to fit in well with the established personnel. Most questions were "Describe a time that you..." as opposed to other interviews that typically test one's skills. Overall, it was a harmless event.

Interview Question – What was an instance in which you had to supervise a peer in a team atmosphere?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my location but definitely not my salary and/or benefits.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview Details – Unbelievably tedious. It is almost as if they only want to hire people who have nothing better to do with their time than interview with them. They come to college campuses to hire entry level employees and then give these employees an attitude about not having industry experience. After giving the initial impression that you aren't going to hear back from them, then they start calling and wanting you to show up to last minute interviews. Don't be concerned with the interview. It is simply a process of you telling them what you know about their company and then them pointing out everything that you failed to mention.

Interview Questions

• Where do you live?   Answer Question
  • Why did you decide to attend ----- University instead of going to -------. I went to ------ and I thought it was much better than where you are going.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have heard more credible interviews while waiting in line for my food at Mc Donald's.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Networking at Wine & Cheese events, Applying for the position online, Getting called for interview with HR and 2 partners

Interview Question – Am I detail oriented or big picture? - i think you need to be a bit of both and explain why   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – I got this interview through the CPA university recruitment process.

The interview I got was 2 interviews of 30 minutes each.

1. The first one was with 2 managers asking typical behavioural questions tailored to my CACEE/resume. For this part it is good to practice the typical behavioural interview questions.

2. The second one was with a partner and it was more of a conversation rather than typical interview. The first question I got was "Tell me about yourself."

Interview Question – If you have a group project that conflicts with your studies, how will you handle it ?
Tell me a time where you had to motivate people, and how did you do it ?
  Answer Question

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Two interviews. One with manager and another with partner.

Interview Question – Tell me a time that you had to manage a project and how did you complete it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Staff Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – 1. Online aptitude test (Verbal and numerical)
2. Group Assessment with around 8 candidates in a grp, the group discussion would be case-based with 2 different sets of data (so 4 candidates get data set A and others are data set B). The case is rather easy, simple business sense already enough (like different marketing channel)..
3. Final interview with partner: My interview only lasted for around 10 minutes and I was pretty sure I could get the offer because I can see the partner is impressed. Self introduction and asked about career plan for short term and long term..

Interview Question – My case was somewhat related to the milk scandal in China and we were working for the milk product company. The task was to come up with some strategies to promote the products.   View Answer

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – Pre-interview dinner the day prior. Spanned a couple of hours and you get to converse with your future interviewers.

Interview with 2 managers the day of for approximately 30 minutes. One mainly asks questions while the other takes notes. Asked mainly behavioural questions; tries to throw a curve ball question near the end.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!