Deloitte Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

1 on 2 interview and they asked me questions about my resume. It was about 1 hour long but not as many technical questions. It was only one interview with the partner and a senior manager. They were looking for the best fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Nice interview experience with four interviewers. Three senior managers and one partner. It took 30 minutes talk with each of them. Asked basic questions and more like a casual talk.

Interview Questions

• Why you decided to come to big four after you work in a local cpa firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Cleveland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

basic behavorial style questions. Interviewer was an audit manager who didn't really seem Interested in the candidates. He forgot he had interviews the day I went and he missed all of the interviews before mine. It did not provide a good impression of Deloitte

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 month. First phone interview and then email to set up a phone interview time. The interview was with a senior recruiter. The interview first went through the detail of the resume and behavior questions. There were some technical questions but nothing complicated, just make sure to review the job description and any questions that you can think of they might ask.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward. I think I might have given a higher salary expectation that might have hurt my chances.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Out of university, standard interviews of university graduates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't agree with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered and I accepted.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Lots of behavioral type question, campus interview, office interviews.
    internships are available, externship process

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a teammember under performing and how did you deal with that   Answer Question

Negotiation

none as a staff accountant

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Networking at Wine & Cheese events, Applying for the position online, Getting called for interview with HR and 2 partners

Interview Questions

• Am I detail oriented or big picture? - i think you need to be a bit of both and explain why   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Went to the social and the on campus interview. Really depends on the interviewer you get, who you might have met the social. My interviewer was a senior manager and was very strict and asked behavioral questions from a packet, though friends had one where it was more conversational with no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solicit advice and how did it affect your work   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I got this interview through the CPA university recruitment process.

The interview I got was 2 interviews of 30 minutes each.

1. The first one was with 2 managers asking typical behavioural questions tailored to my CACEE/resume. For this part it is good to practice the typical behavioural interview questions.

2. The second one was with a partner and it was more of a conversation rather than typical interview. The first question I got was "Tell me about yourself."

Interview Questions

• If you have a group project that conflicts with your studies, how will you handle it ?
      Tell me a time where you had to motivate people, and how did you do it ?

Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Two interviews. One with manager and another with partner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to manage a project and how did you complete it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None