Deloitte Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of behavioural based interviews with 2 interviewers; one manager and one senior. Each interview lasted about half an hour, and questions surrounded the experiences shown on my resume. There were a few questions with the nature of "tell me about a time when... (a difficult situation and how you solved it)", and was pretty easy if you had prepared a few experience stories ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your boss/superior asked you to do something you didn't agree with.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want the CPA designation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was largely behavioral and they will try to get an idea of how you work with teams, what you do in the face of conflicts, how you have done in challenging situations, etc. They will be looking for you to draw on the experiences in your resume to explain how you have thrived in these scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to give bad news and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Interview

In person interview after submitting my resume. The interview was with two senior managers in Audit. They were mostly interested in my fit with the company and educational as well as recreational pursuits.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult situation and how did you do this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

1 on 2 interview and they asked me questions about my resume. It was about 1 hour long but not as many technical questions. It was only one interview with the partner and a senior manager. They were looking for the best fit.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Nice interview experience with four interviewers. Three senior managers and one partner. It took 30 minutes talk with each of them. Asked basic questions and more like a casual talk.

Interview Questions

• Why you decided to come to big four after you work in a local cpa firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Cleveland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

basic behavorial style questions. Interviewer was an audit manager who didn't really seem Interested in the candidates. He forgot he had interviews the day I went and he missed all of the interviews before mine. It did not provide a good impression of Deloitte

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 month. First phone interview and then email to set up a phone interview time. The interview was with a senior recruiter. The interview first went through the detail of the resume and behavior questions. There were some technical questions but nothing complicated, just make sure to review the job description and any questions that you can think of they might ask.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward. I think I might have given a higher salary expectation that might have hurt my chances.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Out of university, standard interviews of university graduates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't agree with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered and I accepted.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Lots of behavioral type question, campus interview, office interviews. internships are available, externship process

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a teammember under performing and how did you deal with that   Answer Question

Negotiation

none as a staff accountant

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Networking at Wine & Cheese events, Applying for the position online, Getting called for interview with HR and 2 partners

Interview Questions

• Am I detail oriented or big picture? - i think you need to be a bit of both and explain why   Answer Question