Deloitte

2.7

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Out of university, standard interviews of university graduates.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't agree with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
No negotiation, they offered and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Staff Accountant Interview

Lots of behavioral type question, campus interview, office interviews.
    internships are available, externship process

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a teammember under performing and how did you deal with that   Answer Question
    none as a staff accountant

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Networking at Wine & Cheese events, Applying for the position online, Getting called for interview with HR and 2 partners

Interview Questions
    • Am I detail oriented or big picture? - i think you need to be a bit of both and explain why   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Went to the social and the on campus interview. Really depends on the interviewer you get, who you might have met the social. My interviewer was a senior manager and was very strict and asked behavioral questions from a packet, though friends had one where it was more conversational with no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to solicit advice and how did it affect your work   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

I got this interview through the CPA university recruitment process.

The interview I got was 2 interviews of 30 minutes each.

1. The first one was with 2 managers asking typical behavioural questions tailored to my CACEE/resume. For this part it is good to practice the typical behavioural interview questions.

2. The second one was with a partner and it was more of a conversation rather than typical interview. The first question I got was "Tell me about yourself."

Interview Questions
    • If you have a group project that conflicts with your studies, how will you handle it ?
      Tell me a time where you had to motivate people, and how did you do it ?
        Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Two interviews. One with manager and another with partner.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you had to manage a project and how did you complete it.   Answer Question
    None

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte.

1. Online aptitude test (Verbal and numerical)
    2. Group Assessment with around 8 candidates in a grp, the group discussion would be case-based with 2 different sets of data (so 4 candidates get data set A and others are data set B). The case is rather easy, simple business sense already enough (like different marketing channel)..
    3. Final interview with partner: My interview only lasted for around 10 minutes and I was pretty sure I could get the offer because I can see the partner is impressed. Self introduction and asked about career plan for short term and long term..

Interview Questions
    • My case was somewhat related to the milk scandal in China and we were working for the milk product company. The task was to come up with some strategies to promote the products.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Pre-interview dinner the day prior. Spanned a couple of hours and you get to converse with your future interviewers.

Interview with 2 managers the day of for approximately 30 minutes. One mainly asks questions while the other takes notes. Asked mainly behavioural questions; tries to throw a curve ball question near the end.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2009.

The interview was mainly personality based. The firm was looking for professionals who have similar outlooks on life and work and wanted the hired staff to fit in well with the established personnel. Most questions were "Describe a time that you..." as opposed to other interviews that typically test one's skills. Overall, it was a harmless event.

Interview Questions
    • What was an instance in which you had to supervise a peer in a team atmosphere?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my location but definitely not my salary and/or benefits.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2008.

Interview process consisted of an initial invitation to a ocial event. If you made an impression where someone remembered you, you would continue the process. The intiial real interview was for personality fit into the culture at Deloitte. it consisted of meeting with 2 persons (1 HR Director and 1 Partner). The interview lasted 30 minutes. The second and final interview was with 2 partners and 1 manager to see final personality fit as all people making it this far would be technical enough to do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked for a difficult boss? Why was he difficult to deal with?   View Answer

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!