Deloitte

Updated Aug 1, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

on campus recruiter; taken out to dinner; 3 rounds; offer; during interview they just ask questions to see if you're prepared and if you can communicate well (logical thinking; brief and to the point, well thought out answers, have a decent personality and not some nerd)

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

I initially was contacted by the recruiter, we communicated by email to coordinate my interview.

It took one day to get the interview scheduled but it was for two weeks out. Partially that was due to my own limited schedule.

The interview consisted of two "two on one" interviews (two interviewers, and me) each lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewers were all either managers or senior managers. They were typical interviews, all were friendly, a couple more reserved a couple more outgoing. Nothing exceptionally challenging or unusual about either interview.

After the interviews I went to lunch with a staff & senior person. Lunch lasted about 1.5 hours (including walking) and was pleasant. More of a "sales" pitch, talking about what they like about the firm, what the environment is. Nice people and I enjoyed it.

After lunch I walked back to the office and was given a tour. They have "fly-in" cubes for auditors and the office seemed really quiet. They validated my parking (which is good, it was $15 to park in the building!!)

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about your current position?
      What don't you like? (Or what is challenging)

Answer Question
    • What would your current supervisor say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2009.

To begin with, I was invited to the Deloitte Student Leadership Conference with about 50 other students. Over those two days, we played games in groups and did presentations for partners. After returning home, I was called back for the in-house interview at Deloitte in Downtown Los Angeles. The day was off to a horrible start because I got lost and ended up 15 minutes late. Although I got thee before the actual interviewing began, I still felt off. There were about 8 of us present and we rotated for a total of three 1 on 1 interviews. They asked questions like what are your weaknesses, auditing or tax, what is a leadership position you're proud of, etc. Then we had a panel discussion over IFRS. After that, we went to lunch with about three members of the staff with a ratio of 1:1 on interviewees to staff. Lunch was a lot more casual, they just asked about our interests. Lunch was the conclusion of the day.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses and what are you doing to improve upon them?   Answer Question
    • What leadership role were you most proud of and why?   Answer Question