Deloitte

3.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

On-campus recruiting, followed by two rounds of interviews. First round consisted of one 30-minute case study and one 30-minute behavioral interview. Interviewers were friendly and genuinely seemed to want me to do well. Second round was held at their office and consisted of 4 interviews, followed by panels and Q&A time. There was an hour group case study, 30-minute individual case study, and two 30-minute behavioral interviews. The second round felt more competitive than the first round, but the Deloitte staff were friendly and and supportive throughout.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a supervisor you didn't agree with.   Answer Question
No need to negotiate as it was quite competitive.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

on site visit at school
    select for first round interview (30 minutes mini-case, 30 minute behavioral interview)
    second round (1 hour case)

behavioral questions: why consulting, why deloitte, leadership experience, dealing with problems, walk me through your resume
    case questions: math based, interviewer led healthcare related questions (simple %, multiplication)
    concerned with structure, MECE thinking, hitting on major issues in healthcare

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you encountered a problem with someone on our team, and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

On campus - consisting of two 30 minute interviews. The first one was a 30 minute case interview consisting of a new market entry case with regards to the auto industry and the second was primarily a fit interview with a senior member of the office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made recommendations on a project and everything that was told to the client came out to be incorrect   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Case based interview are the toughest bit to crack. Ensure you ask the right question and practice before going in for interview

Interview Questions
    • Think like a consultant and explain the inventory management for a large manufacturing firm ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Oncampus interview followed by an interview in Atlanta

Interview Questions
    • The process is very predictable ... not mind twisters ....   Answer Question
    No negotiations . Deloitte offers a very comprehensive package that is tough to beat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

2 back-to-back interviews. One fit, one case. The case was a M&A case, asking how to value a company using multiple. The fit interview was conversational to clarify things on your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2010.

Campus interview. Went through two rounds of case interviews on campus. First round - two interviews, one behavioral (fit), the other 30 minute case interview. Round two - one 45 minute case interview with a Senior Partner of the firm. Highly analytical case, involved a fair bit of Math.

Interview Questions
    • This was a 2010 when Toyota was recalling cars. Interviewer asked me, if I was CEO of Ford, how would I react to this situation   Answer Question
    Negotiation only works if you have a competing offer, otherwise you have to accept pretty much what they offer you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2009.

Interviewed 8 individuals in one day. 9AM - First round of interviews consisted of half of the group going for a typical 1:1 interview, while the other half went to the case study interview. 1PM - Two individuals were chosen from the first round. Second round consisted of a 1 hour case study interview in front of 2 individuals. Case was read aloud by one interviewer, you are expected to take notes, then both interviewers ask a series of questions to get a feel of your thinking process.

Advice: Talk through your thoughts in the case study. They aren't looking for the right answer, but rather, how you think and how you answer their questions. Be confident, but methodological. I looked at the online interview practice from McKinsey's website. It is more quantitative than this interview, but helped me to prepare.

The people come off as very nice and open, however, you have to be very careful of everything you say and do because you are judged 100% of the time you are around them - even the office people. It is a cut-throat environment, so buckle your seat belt.

Interview Questions
    • If you witnessed a coworker engaging in improper conduct i.e. downloading client files to a personal drive, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    There is not negotiation for pay since it is quite high. You can negotiate the start date.

Advice for an offer: Consulting is a life-style where you pretty much have no freedom. You can work from 6AM until 2AM for 6 months including the weekends. They will send you all over the country at any time regardless of your personal situation. They encourage heavy drinking and socializing, but beware, you are judged at those events as well. There is no typical hierarchical business structure, and half of the time I had no idea who my boss was or who I was reporting to.

Both myself and another individual in my position did not (or would not) have accepted a full-time position with this firm. Even though consultants make $85,000, the hourly rate is about $20.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2009.

Deloitte collects resumes and cover letters through the school. They get back to you with invitation for interview fairly quickly, less than a week. Then you have to wait like two more weeks for your interview. Depending on the type of job, they would do both the rounds of the interview in one or more days. The first round for me was part behavioral and part case solving. I got a good idea about the culture of Deloitte through these two interviews. They like people that are outgoing and can think 360 level. The second round consists of a longer case and you are given one whole hour for the case.
    One thing is that Deloitte hires and interviews people of all backgrounds and cultures. So my suggestion, something that was given to me, is that be yourself!

Interview Questions
    • What would your ex-boss say that you needed improvement on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2008.

On campus interview for public sector department in Sacramento...interviews in the morning--1 case that was simple and too the point about a postal service process roll out and 1 behavioral. Then received call back for later that day. 1 panel (3 people) interview that was half case and half behavioral. Everyone was nice, but seemed a little too unprofessional/chummy.

Declined offer