Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Sydney (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2009.

Interview Details – A fairly easy process - a few interviews but was handled very professionally.

Negotiation Details – Easy

Associate Interview

Associate
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online application, online numerical/logical/aptitude tests, phone interview, assessment centre

Interview Question – The online tests were very different to the usual numerical/verbal/IQ types required by other Big4 or IBs, could surprise you in the beginning. Interviewer were quite unfriendly, just asking questions without really engaging in the conversation. From initial screening to first phone interview was fast, though it takes about 2 weeks for the company to get back even though the interviewer said it would only take a few days.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – There was an online application, then online assessment where you got three minutes to do each question, then phone interview and then assessment stage.

Interview Question – Give a time you worked with a deadline?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Very disorganized and convuluted. Ended up being over 8 interviews, lots of positive feedback. They offered me the job and then just as i was waiting to sign final paperwork pulled it. I suspect they were going through a restructure however the whole way it was handled was appalling. The partners I met were fine but their support staff are really disappointing. I would never use them as a firm now.

Interview Question – Nothing, straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't trust them. Only deal with the partners directly. The Hr people were really weak.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2008.

Interview Details – Intitial interview, case study and then Partner Interview

Interview Question – Case study   View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Sydney (Australia)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, personality and intelligence test, assessment centre then partner interview.

Overall the process was relatively stress free. Most people are very friendly from Deloitte unlike other interviews I've been through. Except an HR scold me for leaving her a voice message which is 'too long', which made me hesitate on accepting their offer. However in the end I did accept the offer as I decided that Deloitte has a culture which suits me.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You either accept or decline

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Sydney (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional.

After making contact with a partner in the Technology practice I was referred to an HR Manager who rescheduled a first telephone interview four times in one day, 30-60mins AFTER the interviews were scheduled to start. The manager didn't even blink an eye in recognition that she was wasting my time and behaving extremely unprofessionally.

Deloittes values include 'Talk straight' including being respectful of other people's (time, etc...) however I have not seen this demonstrated by their HR team.

Deloitte are now no longer a target company of mine. Moving on.

Intern Interview

Intern
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview Details – Got a phone call the day after applications closed (was a weekend too!) to arrange an Assessment Centre time.

The AC itself consists of a 1/2 hour presentation by partners, managers and recent grads on the firm and the specific division. Morning tea is then served and you get the opportunity to chat with employees and your assessors.

The actual group assessment begins afterward, in which you are given a case scenario with several choices of what to do in the context of the scenario. You are allocated one of the choices and must present the details of that choice to the rest of the group. After the choices are presented, the group discusses the choices and makes a decision on what to do. A written assessment follows afterward in which you put forward an argument to a "senior figure" as to which choices would be best.

Interview Question – Nothing much really.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte interview questions and advice in Sydney, Australia. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.