Deloitte

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

First Round Interview: Brief telephone interview with head of HR - who was pleasant and friendly. Asked why Deloitte, Why Consulting, What my particular business unit.

Second Round Interview: Group Interview
    This was a case study with a table full of other candidates and two facilitators (there were a few such tables in one conference room).
    Day began with an introduction to Deloitte, then an individual case study, group case study, then one-on-one interview with facilitators/managers.
    Make sure you engage with the team and participate but do not dominate conversation.
    It is important to build rapport with the team and managers and establish yourself as a good team player.
    One-on-one interview - think about why you want to be in that particular business unit compared to others, what has brought you to this point, why you applied for the role, what you will do if you don't get the role.

Third Interview: Case Studies & Partner Interview
    Two Case Studies - make sure you have read up on market sizing and case study questions, calculating break even and make or buy examples. Use the interviewer as they are employees in your business unit and will be able to help / they are assessing you the whole time to see if you are someone they want to work with.
    Partner Interview - more of an informal chat. Think about your strengths and weaknesses, and try to anticipate any questions that they may have about your weaknesses. The partner was friendly but professional and will definitely pressure test you with any questions or queries that you have - gaps in your resume, education, experience, approach.
    Think about the other jobs that you are applying for and will apply for - what key competencies or interests do you have that are similar. Eg - what are your interests, strengths, deliverables.
    Where do you see yourself in five years? How would your parents/friends/colleagues describe you?
    Between the case studies and partner interview also take some time to gather your thoughts and process your experience in the case studies. The partner will probably ask you how you think you went and any challenges you faced. This is your opportunity to show your self-awareness and development so definitely take a minute or two between interviews to process this.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Case Study: what are your reasons for choosing/ not choosing to invest in this company. Pitch the idea to your manager.
      2. Market Sizing: what is the market for tyre valves in Australia. Can you recommend the company to enter the market? How should they do so?
        View Answer

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

"Tell us what are your motivators for planning a move to Australia? Include information about your location preference and research you have completed into the professional work environment/cost of living in Australia."

"Talk us through the clients and industry/sector you currently and previously have exposure to including any preferences? Please also tell us in detail about your exposure to IFRS and or US/UK GAAP?"

Describe a situation when you had a lot to accomplish in a short amount of time. How did you ensure everything got done?

"Tell us what you enjoy about your current role and describe your ideal role in Australia? Provide us with some insights into your career aspirations over the next 2-4 years."

What are your salary expectations with the inclusion of superannuation?

Interview Questions
    • Deloitte’s vision is to be the most inspiring firm to work with - for its people, its clients and its communities. We aim to be Deloitte "and different"...Tell us something different about you!   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2013.

Online application, online numerical/logical/aptitude tests, phone interview, assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • The online tests were very different to the usual numerical/verbal/IQ types required by other Big4 or IBs, could surprise you in the beginning. Interviewer were quite unfriendly, just asking questions without really engaging in the conversation. From initial screening to first phone interview was fast, though it takes about 2 weeks for the company to get back even though the interviewer said it would only take a few days.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Very disorganized and convuluted. Ended up being over 8 interviews, lots of positive feedback. They offered me the job and then just as i was waiting to sign final paperwork pulled it. I suspect they were going through a restructure however the whole way it was handled was appalling. The partners I met were fine but their support staff are really disappointing. I would never use them as a firm now.

Interview Questions
    Don't trust them. Only deal with the partners directly. The Hr people were really weak.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

There was an online application, then online assessment where you got three minutes to do each question, then phone interview and then assessment stage.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Online application, phone interview, personality and intelligence test, assessment centre then partner interview.

Overall the process was relatively stress free. Most people are very friendly from Deloitte unlike other interviews I've been through. Except an HR scold me for leaving her a voice message which is 'too long', which made me hesitate on accepting their offer. However in the end I did accept the offer as I decided that Deloitte has a culture which suits me.

Interview Questions
    You either accept or decline

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Very unprofessional.

After making contact with a partner in the Technology practice I was referred to an HR Manager who rescheduled a first telephone interview four times in one day, 30-60mins AFTER the interviews were scheduled to start. The manager didn't even blink an eye in recognition that she was wasting my time and behaving extremely unprofessionally.

Deloittes values include 'Talk straight' including being respectful of other people's (time, etc...) however I have not seen this demonstrated by their HR team.

Deloitte are now no longer a target company of mine. Moving on.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Got a phone call the day after applications closed (was a weekend too!) to arrange an Assessment Centre time.

The AC itself consists of a 1/2 hour presentation by partners, managers and recent grads on the firm and the specific division. Morning tea is then served and you get the opportunity to chat with employees and your assessors.

The actual group assessment begins afterward, in which you are given a case scenario with several choices of what to do in the context of the scenario. You are allocated one of the choices and must present the details of that choice to the rest of the group. After the choices are presented, the group discusses the choices and makes a decision on what to do. A written assessment follows afterward in which you put forward an argument to a "senior figure" as to which choices would be best.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2009.

A fairly easy process - a few interviews but was handled very professionally.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2008.

Intitial interview, case study and then Partner Interview