Deloitte

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

It was on the phone, then in person (3 rounds) first round is talking about yourself, second is a competency review, third is a personality review

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Applied online and received an email to set up an phone call. The first phone interview is with HR to go over your resume and to make sure you are the right fit to move on to the next round. This interview mainly goes over your resume and background;pretty easy.

After that, another phone interview was scheduled as a "technical" phone interview. It depends on what type of position you are applying for, but for systems integration they will ask specific detail on the skills you used for implementations of systems along with SDLC practices.

If you pass the technical interview, you will be called in for an in-person interview. This consists of 4 parts.
    First is a general presentation of the company.
    The next three things to worry about are the one to one conversations with senior consultants and/or managers.
    They are constantly moving around from one candidate to another so be sure to make a strong impression.
    These could go in any order: (also always have good questions to ask afterwards)

Fit interview: You will be asked why deloitte? also what type of research did you do on the company? How would you handle various situations/clients/projects when in deadline etc...

Technical Interview: It really depends on the person who interviews you whether or not you get detailed questions. The person who interviewed me was more concerned with my overall technical background and what type of work I have been doing at previous jobs. Another candidate I spoke with said his interviewer asked specific questions like "what is WSDL" or describe how you set up the application servers for the project. Come prepared for this.

Case interview: This part is where a lot of people tend to stumble (I did). But coming out from it taught me a lot to prepare for next time. You will be given a scenario and asked something along the lines of "How would they go about improving this system" or "how would this company and why should they implement this new tool to expand?" For this there are many resources on the internet to prepare. The best advice I have is to take your time and ASK QUESTIONS! there's a lot of unknowns with the case they simply do not give you so you can ask. Ask questions, gather your thoughts, and deliver a solution. Remember to take your time. The interviewers want to make sure they can trust you in client situations.

They will usually get back to you within the next 48 hours if you got an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • What type of research have you done on Deloitte before coming here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2011.

I had an overall positive experience except for the time it took from the first recruiter contact to the first interview. There were several weeks of silence where I assumed they lost interest.
    I had a quick phone interview with the recruiter who asked about salary and why I was looking for employment there. The in-person interview was in their Rosslyn high-rise with a group of other applicants. After a group presentation we split up into individual rooms where 3 managers and leads from other locations took turns interviewing. Each person came in for 20 minute slots.
    One interview slot was an overall personality type interview. The next slot was more technical asking about specific programming experience and how I dealt with situations. The final slot was a case study which my interviewer made VERY informal. I actually had fun talking with him. They ended up giving him the wrong case study to ask me about but I knew what to answer anyway and felt at ease enough to joke with him.
    The next week, I received informal positive feedback from the recruiter with the approximate salary they might offer. The next week I received the official offer letter with the same salary mentioned by the recruiter. I was disappointed and took my time to decide. I also tried negotiating but was turned down.

Interview Questions
    • Why Deloitte?   View Answer
    • How would you go about testing during a development cycle?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when the project you were on didn't go well.   View Answer

Declined because salary offered was lower than I needed. Tried negotiating but was turned down.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

There are totla of 5 rounds. HR people are very friendly and there is no much waiting time between consecutive rounds (15 - 20 mins).

1. Technical round 1
    2. Technical round 2
    3. Senior leadership round
    4. Vetsant english test
    5. HR discussion

Interview Questions
    • The interviews are neither easy nor difficult. Technical round 1 mostly had technical questions. Technical round 2 had mostly scenario based questions. In 3 rd round, they asked mostly about the roles and responsibilities taken, why Deloitte and why chamging the job. 4th one is the english test in telephone. It's simple and easy. HR discussion is for salary negotiation.   Answer Question
    I got 100% hike.