Deloitte Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Basically the interviewer went over my resume asking questions about what I've done and why I'm interested in Tax. Also asked my salary requirements, location preference, etc. Was pretty informal. Nothing out of the ordinary. No behavioral questions. Was curious why my most recent job was not tax-related but it more out of curiosity.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I worked with a recruiter, and the process was pretty smooth. I was emailed the information regarding the interview. Once I confirmed, the hotel room was booked. I drove up on a Wednesday for a Thursday morning interview. I met with 3 different individuals (a senior consultant and 2 managers). Each interview was one-on-one. They asked a lot of "get to know you" type questions. It was more of a conversation. Everybody was really nice. The body language of the 3rd interviewer, however, gave me the impression that he was a little "bored" with me. I probably didn't have enough conversation pieces to keep him engaged.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

There was a pre interview dinner to get to know the staff. The on campus interview contained the standard behavioral questions. If you pass the first round, then you are invited to an interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to change your position when negotiating?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

It was part of campus recruiting. First round interview was held on the campus. Did not get the chance to explore further to the second round on-site interview. The interviewer was quite nice and easy to talk. Most of the interview questions were behavior ones.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you had team conflicts, and how you managed that.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The first round interview consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. They definitely wanted you to have questions to ask and for you to answer behavioral questions. They didn't really want to expand on what their busy season is like. I didn't get a second round but that was office visit and interviews there.

Interview Questions

• In past jobs how have you dealt with the public? Give examples of when you worked in teams. What is your role usually in the teams?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Pre-interview dinner followed by interview with a partner next day. This was my first round interview.
    They try to make things comfortable for the candidates. The interview went well, however, I knew that I will not be called for the second round as the partner mentioned that all the candidates before me had some tax experience.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

I got an email during my school career fair. First Inteview was very informal. It was to talk about me and why I want to join Deloitte. What I do on weekends and what sport I like and if I have any question. I did ask how the day is at Deloitte

Interview Questions

• What is ethics and values to you in work or personal life?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview and called in for an interview to meet with the Partner and Senior Manager. Had a tour of the office and then proceeded with the interviews.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting service. I had first round interview on campus with a partner and a senior tax associate. interview was 30 min each with recruiters, total an hour interview. I did not get to the final round, but it was a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Gainesville, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for on campus interview on September and was invited for the interview. I was interviewed by experienced manager recruiter (17 years with company). All the questions were behavioral (about 10 of them), like "tell me the time when you influenced to someone". The interview went not well. I should first improve English and then apply.

Interview Questions

• How did you reported a bad news to your client, supervisor?   Answer Question