Deloitte

Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.1

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

I applied for an on campus interview shortly before attending an on campus meet the firms event. I spoke with an associate at the event and then a couple days later was notified that I was selected for an on campus interview. I interviewed with a partner for about 25 minutes. It was basically just an informal conversation where I talked about my experience. She only asked me one or two behavioral type questions.

About a week later I was notified that I had been selected for an office visit in Detroit with a pre-night mixer the night before. The mixer was pretty informal and relaxed. I chatted with a tax manager there for close to an hour. Everyone was extremely nice and professional.

The next day I had three interviews and a lunch at the Deloitte office. Again, everyone was really nice, easy going, and professional. Interviewed with a manager and two partners followed by a lunch with two associates. There were no difficult questions throughout the day. It felt like they just wanted to get to know me better and it wasn't about quizzing me with interview style questions.

Within about a week I had a call from one of the partners I interviewed with and he offered me the position. Before accepting, I also received an email from the market managing partner offering to discuss his perspective and answer any questions I might have. A few other associates also contacted me to answer any questions I might have. All in all, the interview process was quite a pleasant experience. Everyone was extremely helpful and available to answer any questions all along the way. I cannot say it enough how professional everyone appears to be as well. From start to finish the whole process only took about two and a half weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you used your personal network to achieve a goal or accomplish something.   Answer Question
I've been told there's no negotiating the starting offers with Big 4.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Tax Consultant I Interview

I had an on-campus interview with Deloitte for my first rounds, and it was a great experience. The greeters were very friendly, I had my interview with a Director of Tax, and a Manager. I was invited for second rounds at the Deloitte Chicago office - and had three interviews, two managers, one partner and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • During my first interview, the Director asked me: If you were about to catch a flight to meet with your most important client, and only had five minutes till you board, what two publications would you buy.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

I had a connection with a recruiter in the Atlanta office, and she referred me to a recruiter in the Houston office. The Houston recruiter contacted me and we set up an office visit for a few weeks later. I first interviewed with a Tax Director and then got a tour of a few floors of the office. Two younger employees took me out to lunch and answered any other questions I had. I got a call from the recruiter the next week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something your way. Tell me about a time in which you used creativity in leadership.   Answer Question

Tax Consultant I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Campus interview: 1 manager and 1 partner, each 30 minutes, asked some resume and behavior questions, and general questions like why Deloitte, what's your goal. With the partner is basically chat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

got recruiter's name from friend doing an MST, and emails cover letter and resume. Got invited to interview day. Had 3 1:1 interviews (partner, director, director). Got offer next day.

Interview Questions
    coming straight out of school, i was not in the position to counter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interviewed on campus first. Received a phone call on sat evening, inviting me to the next step - a dinner and an office visit. The dinner was casual with current associates. The office visit consisted of 4 1:1 interviews with partners, managers, directors. Than another lunch with other associates. I don't know if I would have an offer yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Hiring process is faily simple for first year staff. They dont expect you to know much especially if your coming into Tax..... More about personality and are you a good fit. Questions were more about Why us? and Why U, type questions. Phone interview, then 1:1, then another 1;2 with Northeast Tax Director then offer

Interview Questions
    NONE, although I had some since I had worked as a Para with Deloitte before and they had offered me the same salary as I was making when I left as a Para

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2009.

I was interviewed by 3 different interviewers in 30 minutes intervals. 2 of the interviews were very casual conversations where the interviewer was more concerned in getting to know me as a person than to ask behavioral or situational questions. The other conversation was very script like designed, with behavioral questions and situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your boss and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Tax Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

There were three rounds.
    READING AND LISTENING
    LOGICAL REASONING , EXCEL AND ACCOUNTANCY MCQ'S
    VERSANT
    Level was meduim. You need to brush up your accounts and basic excel.
    Also practice on american english.

Tax Consultant I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I got a mail from deloitte inviting for walkins for Tax analyst poition.
    And there were three rounds a candidate should clear to move further
    1. listening and reading ability
    2. Technical test
    3. Versent test
     I've out performed in 1st and 2nd rounds, but lost my versent with a bloody 2%.
    over all the pre hiring process is very good.. and i must say the H.R s are really amazing, they are guiding the candidates in an amazing way !!