Deloitte

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details – I received an e-mail directed to all accounting majors in our school that Deloitte was hiring for certain position. I applied through our schools career website. Soon after the application deadline was up, I was invited for a first-round interview on campus. I was also invited to a pre-interview dinner, which is a must go to event to familiarized with your interviewer. I was interviewed by a senior manager. I was invited for second-round interviews a week after the first-round. Second-round interview consisted of a pre-interview dinner again and an office visit during the day of interview. I was interviewed by a partner and then by a director. Interviews felt very casual. It was more like a conversation. All of them started with asking me to describe my average week and we went off from there. I did not get any technical or traditional behavioral questions. Asking questions were heavily encouraged throughout the interview, it is a great way to learn from it.

Interview Question – Describe to me your average week. All three interviewer asked this but the degree into which they dug into my answer varied.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was almost an adhesion contract but they were open for negotiating when you start your internship. My friends and I applied for winter positions but one of my friends asked to be moved for the summer and they agreed.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details – Received an invitation to first-round interview through campus recruiting. The first-round interview was with the tax director and senior manager. The interview felt more like a casual talk since I met the two professionals the day before the interview at the pre-interview night event. After getting passed the first-round, Deloitte invites students to 3 recruiting events and an office visit to the location you are wanting to intern. At the office visit, the second-round interview is taken placed. The second-round interview were with a partner and a director. Once again, the interview felt like a casual talk. They just want to know who you are.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you have been an overachiever.   Answer Question

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview with the tax manager. Most of the questions are behavioral questions. Few are technical questions, only one or two. The manager was very friendly and she asked me questions about my strength and weakness.

Interview Question – She asked me a question about my hobby, which has little to do with the job.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – After two rounds of on-campus interview, I was invited to a call-back in NY office. On the first day, I attended a meet-and-greet type of reception where I met with a lot of professionals at once. On the next day, I had an hour-long interview with two partners, 30 mins each. It was just a standard interview where they want to see your personality and fit within the company. One notable thing was that I was asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – I didn't expect to receive that many behavioral questions in a row.   View Answer

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I had a pre-interview meet up with all the candidates and company representatives. It was pretty casual and just made me feel a lot better about going into the interview the next day.
The next day I had my first round at my schools carrier services office. One on one interview with someone I already talked to the day before, so I was a lot less nervous.
They called me the next day and scheduled my second round interview. The second round was at their offices. Two 30 min interview, one after the other all very casual and another casual dinner after with all the candidates.

All the questions were behavioral questions, they really want to get to know you. Every person who gets to the first round is smart because there is a GPA recruitment and they are going to train you to do everything. They really care about the quality of the people; you will be working in teams so knowing how to time manage, talk to people those are the things that they are looking for.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions like I said all behavioral!

Tell me about a time you worked in a team and you had some challenges.
Tell me about yourself.
Why tax?
Do you have any questions to ask me?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No set hours rate and time and a half for over time. Pay is really good, more than I expected.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – It was very engaging, and all the professionals that I met were extremely helpful as well as passionate about their work.

Interview Question – Would you be able to sleep if you were to give a presentation to a CEO of a firm the next day?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Behavioral questions. The recruiter was really nice and full of experience. The interview didn't follow the book. It was more like a talk than interview. He can know whether you are the person they want to hire in five minutes. The style of behavioral interview really depends on who the recruiter is.

Interview Question – How to help others in team work.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met the recruiters at the career fair. Had an interview on campus.

Interview Question – Pretty basic behavior questions.   Answer Question

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting website. First round interview was with a partner. He introduced himself and his career, then asked my 5 behavioral questions about my leadership, communication skills, problem-solving and creative thinking. The interview duration was about 25-30 minutes. Didn't get to 2nd round interview, probably because I was applying to New York, which I was told is very competitive.

Interview Question – Give me an example of you trying to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The process was relaxing and not difficult at all. I applied on my campus career website and got notified for the first round interview within a week, with a interviewer most likely to be a manager or a partner. the interview was done on campus. Questions were really basic and casual, the goal was to know more about you personally. The second interview was in-house, three interviews in a row. The interviews were mostly the same, getting to know you. It was really a process of getting to know you personally, as public accounting is a people business. The quality of a person is what the firm is looking for.

Interview Question – Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!