Deloitte

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern - Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

One interview on campus, a series of interviews at the Office. There was almost no behavioral questions given during the interview. The interview felt more like a chance for the senior managers and partners to get to know who I was.

A good takeaway from my experience for any internship interview is to be yourself. Tell your hiring manager what excites you, and what your career goals are. Also, be interested in the partners/managers careers: how they got where they were, why did they choose the specific service line, etc. If you come across these questions honestly, it will make you stand out from the competition.

Interview Questions
It took about a week and a half for them to get back to me. The pay was negotiable, but was more than I was expecting to make, so I hastily accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Tax Intern Interview

went to on-campus job, first round 2 thirty minute on-campus interviews, second round 3 thirty minute office interviews

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you used your listening skills to communicate with a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Hiring process consisted of a first round 1:1 interview. About two weeks later I received a phone call for a second interview at the office site. That consisted of two 1:1 interviews. Really easy, conversational. About three behavioral questions between all three interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the best experience in your life to this point, not business related.   Answer Question
    None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2012.

Submitted a resume on their website and got an interview at a conference.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example to illustrate how you reach out to people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

I applied through my campus career services website. I interviewed with two recruiters, one after the other in a one-on-one setting. They were very reserved compared to recruiters from other accounting firms. I got the offer to travel to Portland for a second interview about two weeks later.

In Portland I interviewed with four people, one at a time. I interviewed with staff, directors, and partners. I also went to lunch with two younger staff members.

Overall, it seemed like a fairly reserved office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

They first called me for a phone interview asking me if I was still interested in accounting and tax. A few months later, they phoned me and set up an in office interview two weeks later. The in-office interview consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews of about 30 minutes each. The first interview was a partner that was well prepared and experienced, while the 2nd interviewer was less formal and more relaxed. They asked similar questions. Everything is well organized and went very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a situation where you had to go against your normal policies? How did you react?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

I first was contacted by HR for a phone interview. I then had an on campus interview in Miami. Later I had a back to back skype interview with 2 people. The first was friendly and chose questions that could facilitate a conversation the second clearly did not like me and asked absurdly hard questions to answer on the spot. i would recommend practicing situational questions before interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Why deloitte?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to go out of your way to learn about someone personal interests and hobbies to form a relationship with that person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2009.

There was a recruiting dinner the night before to meet the potential co-workers and partners of the firm. The employees were very nice. The partners were about more rigid and seemed stuck on more candidates than others.

The interview itself was a double interview. 30 minutes with one manager and 30 minutes with a partner. It was very casual and pretty standard. The interviewers were reading off of a list of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tells us about a time that you had to complete multiple projects at the same time, how did you manage your time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

There were two one on one interviews in a row, each 30 minutes. Both behavioral. Then, there were events and dinners for a few months before we got our offers.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage when people are asking too much of you?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was my highest offer so I didn't have anything to negotiate with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2008.

The day before the interview, they took all the interviewees to a dinner to network. The following day, there were two 30 minute back to back interviews. One was with a Senior Manager and another with a Manager. If you are yourself, you will do fine. Deloitte was one of the very few companies where I felt like I could be myself.

Interview Questions
    • I really can't remember any of the questions, but I always find the "Tell me about yourself" question the hardest.   View Answer