Deloitte

Updated Jun 11, 2014
Updated Jun 11, 2014

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Intern Interview

went to on-campus job, first round 2 thirty minute on-campus interviews, second round 3 thirty minute office interviews

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of when you used your listening skills to communicate with a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Hiring process consisted of a first round 1:1 interview. About two weeks later I received a phone call for a second interview at the office site. That consisted of two 1:1 interviews. Really easy, conversational. About three behavioral questions between all three interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the best experience in your life to this point, not business related.   Answer Question
    None.

Intern - Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

One interview on campus, a series of interviews at the Office. There was almost no behavioral questions given during the interview. The interview felt more like a chance for the senior managers and partners to get to know who I was.

A good takeaway from my experience for any internship interview is to be yourself. Tell your hiring manager what excites you, and what your career goals are. Also, be interested in the partners/managers careers: how they got where they were, why did they choose the specific service line, etc. If you come across these questions honestly, it will make you stand out from the competition.

Interview Questions
    It took about a week and a half for them to get back to me. The pay was negotiable, but was more than I was expecting to make, so I hastily accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2012.

Submitted a resume on their website and got an interview at a conference.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example to illustrate how you reach out to people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

I first was contacted by HR for a phone interview. I then had an on campus interview in Miami. Later I had a back to back skype interview with 2 people. The first was friendly and chose questions that could facilitate a conversation the second clearly did not like me and asked absurdly hard questions to answer on the spot. i would recommend practicing situational questions before interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Why deloitte?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to go out of your way to learn about someone personal interests and hobbies to form a relationship with that person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

I applied through my campus career services website. I interviewed with two recruiters, one after the other in a one-on-one setting. They were very reserved compared to recruiters from other accounting firms. I got the offer to travel to Portland for a second interview about two weeks later.

In Portland I interviewed with four people, one at a time. I interviewed with staff, directors, and partners. I also went to lunch with two younger staff members.

Overall, it seemed like a fairly reserved office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

There were two one on one interviews in a row, each 30 minutes. Both behavioral. Then, there were events and dinners for a few months before we got our offers.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage when people are asking too much of you?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was my highest offer so I didn't have anything to negotiate with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2010.

After submitting a resume for a matching program at my university, I interviewed at our on campus career service center. Greeted by the college recruiter, one audit associate, and one present audit intern. It was quite informal for the greeting (but it was also the end of the day of interviews). Then had a 30-minute interview with a partner of the firm in Milwaukee. That was very enjoyable. He asked why Deloitte and why tax? Otherwise we just talked about my experience in groups and what I like to do for fun. It seemed more like a personality interview rather than skills. All the big 4 will teach you what you need to know when you start working. Deloitte seemed to be looking for interns only in their Milwaukee office, not changing of locations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

They first called me for a phone interview asking me if I was still interested in accounting and tax. A few months later, they phoned me and set up an in office interview two weeks later. The in-office interview consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews of about 30 minutes each. The first interview was a partner that was well prepared and experienced, while the 2nd interviewer was less formal and more relaxed. They asked similar questions. Everything is well organized and went very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a situation where you had to go against your normal policies? How did you react?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2009.

The process began with a presentation from the firm to us at the university...a week or two passed and then came a dinner with the firm's professionals on campus. The day after that interview was the on-campus interview. This interview was two back-to-back 30-minute 1:1 interviews. While the idea of back-to-back interviews sounded horrible at the time, these were laidback interviews, not at all scary. In fact, because the interviews are conducted conversationally, one must instead worry about being *too* casual.

A week or so after the interviews, the firm notifies the students they will be inviting to recruit with them, as well as the students they will be inviting to the office. While I was invited to the office and invited to continue recruiting, I declined this firm, because I felt I already had too many invitations on my plate. Note that the job offer does not come until after the office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Why not go to school in your own state?   View Answer