Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern - Tax Interview

Intern - Tax
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – One interview on campus, a series of interviews at the Office. There was almost no behavioral questions given during the interview. The interview felt more like a chance for the senior managers and partners to get to know who I was.

A good takeaway from my experience for any internship interview is to be yourself. Tell your hiring manager what excites you, and what your career goals are. Also, be interested in the partners/managers careers: how they got where they were, why did they choose the specific service line, etc. If you come across these questions honestly, it will make you stand out from the competition.

Interview Question – Why Tax?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took about a week and a half for them to get back to me. The pay was negotiable, but was more than I was expecting to make, so I hastily accepted.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – went to on-campus job, first round 2 thirty minute on-campus interviews, second round 3 thirty minute office interviews

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you used your listening skills to communicate with a customer   Answer Question

Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of a first round 1:1 interview. About two weeks later I received a phone call for a second interview at the office site. That consisted of two 1:1 interviews. Really easy, conversational. About three behavioral questions between all three interviews.

Interview Question – Describe the best experience in your life to this point, not business related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume on their website and got an interview at a conference.

Interview Question – Give me an example to illustrate how you reach out to people.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my campus career services website. I interviewed with two recruiters, one after the other in a one-on-one setting. They were very reserved compared to recruiters from other accounting firms. I got the offer to travel to Portland for a second interview about two weeks later.

In Portland I interviewed with four people, one at a time. I interviewed with staff, directors, and partners. I also went to lunch with two younger staff members.

Overall, it seemed like a fairly reserved office.

Interview Question – Why Deloitte over the other firms?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Interview Details – They first called me for a phone interview asking me if I was still interested in accounting and tax. A few months later, they phoned me and set up an in office interview two weeks later. The in-office interview consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews of about 30 minutes each. The first interview was a partner that was well prepared and experienced, while the 2nd interviewer was less formal and more relaxed. They asked similar questions. Everything is well organized and went very quickly.

Interview Question – Give us a situation where you had to go against your normal policies? How did you react?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

Interview Details – I first was contacted by HR for a phone interview. I then had an on campus interview in Miami. Later I had a back to back skype interview with 2 people. The first was friendly and chose questions that could facilitate a conversation the second clearly did not like me and asked absurdly hard questions to answer on the spot. i would recommend practicing situational questions before interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Why deloitte?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had to go out of your way to learn about someone personal interests and hobbies to form a relationship with that person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2009.

Interview Details – There was a recruiting dinner the night before to meet the potential co-workers and partners of the firm. The employees were very nice. The partners were about more rigid and seemed stuck on more candidates than others.

The interview itself was a double interview. 30 minutes with one manager and 30 minutes with a partner. It was very casual and pretty standard. The interviewers were reading off of a list of questions.

Interview Question – Tells us about a time that you had to complete multiple projects at the same time, how did you manage your time?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were two one on one interviews in a row, each 30 minutes. Both behavioral. Then, there were events and dinners for a few months before we got our offers.

Interview Question – How do you manage when people are asking too much of you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was my highest offer so I didn't have anything to negotiate with.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2008.

Interview Details – The day before the interview, they took all the interviewees to a dinner to network. The following day, there were two 30 minute back to back interviews. One was with a Senior Manager and another with a Manager. If you are yourself, you will do fine. Deloitte was one of the very few companies where I felt like I could be myself.

Interview Question – I really can't remember any of the questions, but I always find the "Tell me about yourself" question the hardest.   View Answer