Deloitte

Deloitte Technology Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview consisted of two half hour segments. The first was just simple behavioral questions with one of their managers who was friendly and easy to talk to. The 2nd portion of the interview was their case study. The one i had revolved around a financial analyst firm who needed to update their records system. The case study was difficult due to unfamiliar phrasing and lenngth.

Interview Questions
  • Individual portions of the case study can seem difficult due to trying to understand the situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

(TL;DR - go to bottom)

Overall Story:

My experience is probably very uncharacteristic, but I will give the details regardless. I was looking through LinkedIn and saw the posting for a Systems Integration Analyst position in Washington DC.

I clicked through and logged into their system on my profile I had used a year earlier to look at the posting (a Sunday). The next day I received an email requesting that I send them updated information, so that they can update my profile for me. The day after that I received a phone call from the recruiter giving me the initial 30 minute HR interview, asking about my resume and my reasons for wanting to join Deloitte. We corresponded by email and set up the technical phone interview for that Thursday (4 days after my initial interest). The call was at the precise time and covered my background in technology, what I was working on for past projects, and what I was currently doing. The interview concluded and we were able to have a quick chat about the technology scene in DC. Roughly two hours later I received a call from my recruiter, who asked if I would be able to fly up to the Rosslyn office for the in-office three-part interview on either the following Thursday or the week after. I decided to go as soon as possible, and I was provided a travel subsidy for the flight.

I flew up the morning of the interview, and enjoyed some of the local atmosphere before heading to the office. I was asked to wait in the lobby with a small group ( <10 ) of other interviewees. They all seemed nervous, so I broke the ice and made some friends

The process started with a 30 minute presentation on Deloitte about their ideals, what they expect, and their commitment to their employees. They then split us all up and separated us into individual rooms. They had described the interview as a set of three separate interviews with three different employees of varying levels within the company. One was another technical interview, one was a case study, and one was a behavioral. They weren't in any particular order.

My first interview was behavioral with one of the partners. I had done my homework on the aspects of Deloitte, and when asked about details for my future plans I described exactly what I looked to achieve and how it meshes well with the dynamics of Deloitte. We meshed very well with our ideals and expectations. That interview ended with me feeling well about my situation.

My second interview was the case study. My interviewer gave me a broad with minimal details case, so I took the problem and verbally broke down the issue from top to bottom, filling in how I made my decisions. When I was given a new constraint I adjusted well. I left that interview feeling well about myself.

My final technical interview was with a specialist. We discussed my background in more detail and how I would leverage it within Deloitte to provide the best results. We discussed what different rolls I could fill in the position, and ended the interview talking about current technology and how it has been integrated. My interviewer walked me out. I shook his hand and thanked him for the time he gave for the interview.

All in all I was very happy with my performance and how I connected with the interviewers.

They called the next day to give me the verbal offer and to say my formal offer should be in an email soon. A week later I had my formal offer. In all the entire "interest to offer" time frame was three weeks, which is extremely fast in my opinion.

Deloitte Rosslyn office atmosphere:

I was impressed as soon as I walked into the lobby. Thirty foot ceilings with a clean modern look. The floors that Deloitte works on were all clean, well lit, and the atmosphere was that of professionals driving towards a goal. It was invigorating. Everyone was well dressed and clean, with hopeful determination and looked to be happy to be there.

My tips:

If given the time try and understand where your interviewer came from and how they decided to be where they are today. It helps to show you who you will be working with in the future and whether or not Deloitte is right for you.

Eat a light meal before. I ate some tuna rolls. It filled me up but was not heavy in my stomach.

Remember that although there are others there for interviews it doesn't mean you all are interviewing for the same position. Chatting with everyone is a great way to alleviate tension pre-interview.

Don't be shy! when we walked into the presentation room, everyone avoided the end seat at the table like a plague. I happily sat down in full view of the recruiters.

Everyone you meet could possibly have a say in your eventual offer.

Do your homework! Learn about the company and what you will be doing.

Interview Questions
    They caught me off guard with what I expected to be paid in the very first HR call they gave me. Given the higher price of living around DC they gave me more than expected to compensate. I feel the amount was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

The system was pretty fast overall. I got my initial HR call about a week after I had submitted my online application, then after I passed that got invited to have a phone technical interview two days after. The technical lead was very knowledgeable and helpful and I knew I probably passed when he said, "Let me know when you get into the firm, and I introduce you to ..." After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in-person interview in the Rosslyn office. Great office atmosphere, very professional building...

The in-person interview consisted of three 30-minute interviews (case, technical, behavioral/fit). Three days later, they called me with the offer. I think most important is how well you fit into Deloitte's culture, which is basically "work hard, play hard". Make sure you know what to say about each of your experience, because they will ask very detailed experiences about the projects you did and the type of work you did. Be articulate and you will be fine :)

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Enterprise Architecture?   View Answer
    The salary is based on your current base salary + 10%

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2010.

Got there, two people to be interviewed by
    first round was technical, about how to manage the firm and what kind of technologies I'd suggest
    second round was behavioral, about Deloitte and just usual stuff
    didn't get an offer though, as it was for an internship and space is very limited, (compared to full time jobs)
    competition is really tough on the other side, so good luck!

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

The first round was an online test conducted by aspiring minds. It constituted of questions from QA, LR, VA etc i dont remember the exact breakup of questions. Out of the total 360 students who applied 90 were shortlisted.

Round 2
    Round 2 was a case study done by a group of 10 students. The 90 students were divided into groups of 10 and a case study was given. We had to come up with solutions to the questions asked. There was a base question and 3 other questions. 20 minutes were given to do all this and to make it in the form of a presentation with a chart paper. What they look for is how well you can apply yourself in a stressful environment, How practical are the solutions you provide, how good a team player are you etc. After round 2 3-4 people were selected for the final interview.

Round 3- Final Interview
    The shortlisted 31 students moved on to the next round, The final interview. This was a basic HR interview with the common questions, tell me about yourself, why Deloitte, whats unique about you, how you handled a difficult situation etc. If you are able to keep your cool and answer the question satisfactorily you should be through. Out of the final 31, 21 students were selected.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was he asked me to crack a joke. This was totally from out of the blue. Luckily i was able to make him laugh but i think what was valued mot was my quick response to an unfavorable situation.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2009.

I had a 2:1 interview at the university, and then was contacted for a day long interview at Kanata office. i had interviews with 3 consultants and 1 partner and a lunch with everyone. Great experience, enjoyed the whole day. I was only asked behavioral questions, no technical questions.