Deloitte

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Each candidate must go through 3 rounds of interviews(case, behavioral, technology) interviews. People cannot study for the case interview since they are current questions. Behavioral, people should answer about who they are not what they want to be.

Interview Questions
Will offer lower pay scale

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

Interview process was relatively simple. With greater stress on the behavioral questions. Went through 2 rounds, each round involving talking to 3 people, 1 case study per round. The interviewers were friendly and personable for the most part. Having an earnest conversation helps, it helps to treat it like a good conversation that you are genuinely interested in rather than have to go through the strict question/answer regimen of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any unexpected questions. The case studies are different from S&O cases, so make sure you go through the cases on the website meant specifically for Deloitte technology applicants.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

30 min behavioral interview and 30 min case interview. Interviewers were very nice and non-pressuring. However, the questions were very non-technical and rather consulting oriented, that relied more on frameworks rather than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Business case on redeveloping large scale medical system   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

The interview process at Deloitte is a very smooth one indeed. I first had a telephone interview to gauge my suitability. Then I was scheduled for a 3-person interview and another phone interview to talk about my technology experience and work history. Everyone was super friendly, and it was refreshing to have people explain so much about the culture of the company during the interview process. There weren't any weird canned questions like ... tell me about a time when... blah bleh.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate because the offer was fair.

Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Initial 30 minute call with a recruiter, 45-60 min interview with a Senior Manager, Final onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Final round interview included three interviews - technical, consulting fit, and a business case. The case was a marketing/technology case.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

First round was behavioral and second was a case interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I got a campus interview but did not get into second round.

Technology Consultant Interview

I got interview on spot in career fair from my university. There were two interviewers. One of them just look through your resume and ask about it. The other one asked about behavioral questions.

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through a posting at my university's career services website (Ivy League). The position was advertised as "Masters Consultant - Life Sciences." My background is in life sciences, not IT or business technology, so it was a bit difficult to figure out exactly what this position entailed and whether I was qualified. But it sounded interesting in the description and Deloitte seems great, so I applied.

I was notified of an interview about a month later. The first was a 30-minute phone interview with a consultant where I was just asked about my background. I passed that and was invited for an in-office interview the following week with about 6-7 other candidates. There was a case interview about pharma IP, and a seperate background/fit interview.

By noon that day, they had called me to invite me back for a final interview (that same afternoon). This time there were maybe 4 of us left in the running, and the interviews were longer and more intense. There was more background, where the interviewers (rightfully) made sure I understood that this was technology consulting, not strategy consulting, and that I was prepared to leave scientific research. The case was about helping a diagnostics company set up a new IT system. Keep in mind this was NOT my background at all, and I was a bit baffled, but they wanted to see that I can reason and stay calm, not that I know a lot about IT. I'm sure the story is different if you're a candidate coming in as an IT expert.

I was called about a week later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked various forms of this question: "Tell me about your background in technology and how you use it in your work and other areas."   Answer Question
    It was a very generous offer so I didn't need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Applied through campus, 1 case and 1 behavior interview, both in 30 minutes. But I feel they were looking for someone familiar with certain technologies and pre-consulting exp. Got a call one week after to tell me I am rejected. Personally, I would prefer an email rejection than phone call.