Deloitte Technology Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to a recruiter. Then about a month later a different recruiter called me and I had an initial phone interview. I was then invited to a in person interview later that week. The in person interview was three 30 minute interviews. Two were with senior consultants/manager and the third was with a principal. My recruiter called me later that day to tell me I got the job. I interviewed on Thursday, and I received my written offer Monday morning.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Then they brought me in for 3 in person interviews in one day. One technical, one behavioral, and I can't remember the last one. Each interview was with a different person, depending on the role you were interviewing for. There were others there with you interviewing for the same role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Had an initial phone conversation with the HR where she asked about my background, skills, current role, compensation etc. Took about two weeks for the phone screen with a Senior Manager. The phone interview went well, lasted for 30 minutes - mostly questions around my skill set, roles, experience. I was given three options for the next round of interviews at an onsite Deloitte location - opted for one closer to my base location. The onsite interview consisted of three rounds - first one was behavioral with a Director, second was technology oriented was with s specialist and third was a case interview. The first interview went very well for me, mostly conversational and a pleasant one. The key is to be relaxed and to have an honest conversation without trying too hard. The second round was a bit tough as I was asked questions outside my area of expertise but I guess that is not unexpected. I tried to answer the questions best I could and the ones I had no clue about I just responded saying I don't know instead of beating around and wasting time. The case interview was with a wonderful lady who was very pleasant and at once made you feel comfortable. The case was about a real estate company who owned several housing properties but did not have a consolidated system to store its property and renter information. The answer was a combination of master data management and data warehousing solution. The interviewer helped me throughout the process prompting and dropping hints. The key is not to give the perfect solution but to be able to understand the problem, work on an approach and grasp the hints that are passed on. I felt the interviews went okay, although I could have done better so I was pleasantly surprised to hear back from the HR confirming the offer. I guess staying positive and being confident helped my case. There was a delay in getting the offer letter though - took almost 3 weeks. Currently in the new hire on-boarding process, visa transfer etc. so it is going to be a while before I can join. The on-boarding process in my opinion is a drag and does get frustrating at times.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - How do you manage your personal and professional time? Why Deloitte?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since my interviews weren't as great so I did not feel negotiation would help my case, was just glad to land the offer.

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Each candidate must go through 3 rounds of interviews(case, behavioral, technology) interviews. People cannot study for the case interview since they are current questions. Behavioral, people should answer about who they are not what they want to be.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Will offer lower pay scale

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was relatively simple. With greater stress on the behavioral questions. Went through 2 rounds, each round involving talking to 3 people, 1 case study per round. The interviewers were friendly and personable for the most part. Having an earnest conversation helps, it helps to treat it like a good conversation that you are genuinely interested in rather than have to go through the strict question/answer regimen of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Not really any unexpected questions. The case studies are different from S&O cases, so make sure you go through the cases on the website meant specifically for Deloitte technology applicants.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA).

Interview

The interview process at Deloitte is a very smooth one indeed. I first had a telephone interview to gauge my suitability. Then I was scheduled for a 3-person interview and another phone interview to talk about my technology experience and work history. Everyone was super friendly, and it was refreshing to have people explain so much about the culture of the company during the interview process. There weren't any weird canned questions like ... tell me about a time when... blah bleh.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate because the offer was fair.

Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial 30 minute call with a recruiter, 45-60 min interview with a Senior Manager, Final onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Final round interview included three interviews - technical, consulting fit, and a business case. The case was a marketing/technology case.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round was behavioral and second was a case interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Urbana, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I got a campus interview but did not get into second round.

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

I got interview on spot in career fair from my university. There were two interviewers. One of them just look through your resume and ask about it. The other one asked about behavioral questions.