Deloitte

Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.1

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

30 min behavioral interview and 30 min case interview. Interviewers were very nice and non-pressuring. However, the questions were very non-technical and rather consulting oriented, that relied more on frameworks rather than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • Business case on redeveloping large scale medical system   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

The interview process at Deloitte is a very smooth one indeed. I first had a telephone interview to gauge my suitability. Then I was scheduled for a 3-person interview and another phone interview to talk about my technology experience and work history. Everyone was super friendly, and it was refreshing to have people explain so much about the culture of the company during the interview process. There weren't any weird canned questions like ... tell me about a time when... blah bleh.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate because the offer was fair.

Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Initial 30 minute call with a recruiter, 45-60 min interview with a Senior Manager, Final onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Final round interview included three interviews - technical, consulting fit, and a business case. The case was a marketing/technology case.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

First round was behavioral and second was a case interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I got a campus interview but did not get into second round.

Technology Consultant Interview

I got interview on spot in career fair from my university. There were two interviewers. One of them just look through your resume and ask about it. The other one asked about behavioral questions.

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through a posting at my university's career services website (Ivy League). The position was advertised as "Masters Consultant - Life Sciences." My background is in life sciences, not IT or business technology, so it was a bit difficult to figure out exactly what this position entailed and whether I was qualified. But it sounded interesting in the description and Deloitte seems great, so I applied.

I was notified of an interview about a month later. The first was a 30-minute phone interview with a consultant where I was just asked about my background. I passed that and was invited for an in-office interview the following week with about 6-7 other candidates. There was a case interview about pharma IP, and a seperate background/fit interview.

By noon that day, they had called me to invite me back for a final interview (that same afternoon). This time there were maybe 4 of us left in the running, and the interviews were longer and more intense. There was more background, where the interviewers (rightfully) made sure I understood that this was technology consulting, not strategy consulting, and that I was prepared to leave scientific research. The case was about helping a diagnostics company set up a new IT system. Keep in mind this was NOT my background at all, and I was a bit baffled, but they wanted to see that I can reason and stay calm, not that I know a lot about IT. I'm sure the story is different if you're a candidate coming in as an IT expert.

I was called about a week later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked various forms of this question: "Tell me about your background in technology and how you use it in your work and other areas."   Answer Question
    It was a very generous offer so I didn't need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Applied through campus, 1 case and 1 behavior interview, both in 30 minutes. But I feel they were looking for someone familiar with certain technologies and pre-consulting exp. Got a call one week after to tell me I am rejected. Personally, I would prefer an email rejection than phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

1 hour phone interview (30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case) and then full day on-site with several other candidates a few weeks later. Day included individual case interview, individual behavioral interview and group case interview with 4 other candidates. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful during the process - the atmosphere and great people I met during the second round made me want to be a part of Deloitte. Most enjoyable interview process I have ever encountered.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Initially, I was brought on as a contractor when they could not expedite the hiring process to accomodate project timelines. Upon hire, it was the traditional corporate methodology: submit resume, assigned an HR rep, phone interview(s) with project staff (if project assigned), in-person interview with 3 senior members of staff in the hiring service line (brought in for back-to-back 15 minute interviews), negotiate through HR rep, sign the dotted line.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not difficult, but this may very depending on who you are interviewing with. The business case is a little ambiguous, but they're not looking for a solution, just insight into your thought process.   View Answer
    I was only able to negotiate $3k above the initial offer even with Senior Managers calling HR upset at the offer. This was less that the amount I made as a contractor.