Deloitte Interview Questions in Texas

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency for a position in the ITRM practice. The process took 1 week. Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers. A day later

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. Then shortly after then they brought me in for in person interviews in one day.

Interview Questions

• They proposed a hypothetical problem and asked me to resolve it. Each person asked their own questions and they seemed to be making it up as they went along.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered the salary and they accepted my counter offer. Always negotiate.

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I first heard about the opening on my university's career website. After submitting my resume and cover letter, I was chosen to participate in an on campus interview with one director and one partner. This was your basic on campus interview (just some high level technicals and behavioral/fit questions). And then I was picked to come the the office downtown for an "office-visit" where I interviewed with about 5 other candidates. They provided us with breakfast and were very helpful in preparing us for the interview process that we were about to experience. Then we were each placed into a separate office where senior associates, directors and partners in BV came to each meet/interview us. Overall the office visit seemed very laid back and everyone was nice and interested to learn more about my qualifications and past experiences. Finally, after we finished the interviews in the office, they took us out for a very nice lunch at a restaurant nearby. All in all, it was a seamless and painless interview process.

AERS Advisory Technology Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through school and did two 30 minutes phone interview prior to the final interview.
    The final interview was taken place at the office and I interviewed with 2 sr managers.

Aside of that, I would say it's often true that Big 4 only hire kids with masters degree but if you're good looking and know your resume inside out and express the fact that you have passion in the company. They will hire you although you're an undergrad. At least that how I got the job. I was competing with candidates with masters degree.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

On campus interview- fit questions. Very relaxed.
    Office visit- more fit questions. Interviewer is essentially trying to gauge if they could see themselves putting you in front of a client

Interview Questions

• What have you done to show me you're ready for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Offers are standard by office location.

Human Capital Summer Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career center by submitting a resume, cover letter, and an application through Deloitte's website. Got an invitation to interview. First round: behavioral (1), individual case (1). Second round: behavioral (1), individual case (1), group case (1). The process was fairly strict but instructions and deadlines were clear. There were two workshops: one for practicing individual cases, and one for practicing group cases. Both interview rounds were at Deloitte's office, not on campus.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a recruiter contact me through LinkedIn for the position. I had one phone interview with a senior manager and three in-person interviews with a principal, director and a manager. The phone interview last about 30 minutes while each of the in-person interviews last between 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic with asking about personal life, past jobs and experience. Why did you apply for the job and why do you want this job. Do you feel qualified for the position?   Answer Question

Phone Interview for Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The first round is phone. I am still waiting for the result. The interviewer is a senior manager. The interviewer mentioned during the interview that there would be three more rounds.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you need to use communication skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • How did you work with difficult team member?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Case interview was a shocker for me. Caught off guard by unfamiliar terminology. Be prepared with technical lingoes and be well versed with what the job would require you to do. Get started reading about MIS and other technical books would help a lot. Otherwise, the partner who did the interview was nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement (specific technology) in a remote village?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

on campus recruiter; taken out to dinner; 3 rounds; offer; during interview they just ask questions to see if you're prepared and if you can communicate well (logical thinking; brief and to the point, well thought out answers, have a decent personality and not some nerd)

Tax Consultant II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed through campus recruiting program. Process took a while...two weeks before I heard back for office visit to Houston and then a month before I got an offer. No difficult questions and everyone was extremely friendly and hospitable. But it takes a while!!!

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions...all interviews were relaxed and just trying to get to know you.   Answer Question