Deloitte Interview Questions in Texas

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was an interview on campus and then an office visit. Focused a lot on the culture and my leadership background. The interviewees were partners of the firm and very approachable. They took a holistic approach focusing on all areas including grades, leadership experience, community involvement.

Interview Questions

• How did you tackle a problem in the past during your leadership experience   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Basically the interviewer went over my resume asking questions about what I've done and why I'm interested in Tax. Also asked my salary requirements, location preference, etc. Was pretty informal. Nothing out of the ordinary. No behavioral questions. Was curious why my most recent job was not tax-related but it more out of curiosity.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency for a position in the ITRM practice. The process took 1 week. Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers. A day later A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. Then shortly after then they brought me in for in person interviews in one day.

Interview Questions

• They proposed a hypothetical problem and asked me to resolve it. Each person asked their own questions and they seemed to be making it up as they went along.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered the salary and they accepted my counter offer. Always negotiate.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very laid back and mostly conversational. There were no technical questions asked. They know you aren't going to know anything as an intern and they know your audit class is nothing like the real thing.

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I first heard about the opening on my university's career website. After submitting my resume and cover letter, I was chosen to participate in an on campus interview with one director and one partner. This was your basic on campus interview (just some high level technicals and behavioral/fit questions). And then I was picked to come the the office downtown for an "office-visit" where I interviewed with about 5 other candidates. They provided us with breakfast and were very helpful in preparing us for the interview process that we were about to experience. Then we were each placed into a separate office where senior associates, directors and partners in BV came to each meet/interview us. Overall the office visit seemed very laid back and everyone was nice and interested to learn more about my qualifications and past experiences. Finally, after we finished the interviews in the office, they took us out for a very nice lunch at a restaurant nearby. All in all, it was a seamless and painless interview process.

AERS Advisory Technology Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through school and did two 30 minutes phone interview prior to the final interview. The final interview was taken place at the office and I interviewed with 2 sr managers. Aside of that, I would say it's often true that Big 4 only hire kids with masters degree but if you're good looking and know your resume inside out and express the fact that you have passion in the company. They will hire you although you're an undergrad. At least that how I got the job. I was competing with candidates with masters degree.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Audit Interview

Application

Interview

On campus interview- fit questions. Very relaxed. Office visit- more fit questions. Interviewer is essentially trying to gauge if they could see themselves putting you in front of a client

Interview Questions

• What have you done to show me you're ready for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Offers are standard by office location.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a two part process with round one interviews comprised on one case and one behavioral with senior management. The second part was final round interviews and you fly in the night before and the process takes a couple of hours. There are two behavioral interviews, one group interview, and one case interview. They say that the group interview is the most important because it displays how you interact with others in a professional environement. I found out the results after about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a team and someone was being difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a recruiter contact me through LinkedIn for the position. I had one phone interview with a senior manager and three in-person interviews with a principal, director and a manager. The phone interview last about 30 minutes while each of the in-person interviews last between 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic with asking about personal life, past jobs and experience. Why did you apply for the job and why do you want this job. Do you feel qualified for the position?   Answer Question

Human Capital Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career center by submitting a resume, cover letter, and an application through Deloitte's website. Got an invitation to interview. First round: behavioral (1), individual case (1). Second round: behavioral (1), individual case (1), group case (1). The process was fairly strict but instructions and deadlines were clear. There were two workshops: one for practicing individual cases, and one for practicing group cases. Both interview rounds were at Deloitte's office, not on campus.