Deloitte

Updated Sep 14, 2014

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate 7 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

The first round was HR where they assess the suitability of profile and basic skills relevant to job and explain about the job.
    Second round was a technical interview specific to Oracle EBS areas.
    Third round was with a Senior Manager. This was a non-technical round and explore areas worked and other things.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate as the salary offered was 20% hike which is quite good.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

I received a phone interview by partner. It was about half an hour. I was asked about my resume and some behavior questions. About 1 month later, I was asked for the office visit. 1 partner and 2 managers interviewed me. I got a chance to have lunch with some current employees as well.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

on campus recruiter; taken out to dinner; 3 rounds; offer; during interview they just ask questions to see if you're prepared and if you can communicate well (logical thinking; brief and to the point, well thought out answers, have a decent personality and not some nerd)

Tax Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interviewed through campus recruiting program. Process took a while...two weeks before I heard back for office visit to Houston and then a month before I got an offer. No difficult questions and everyone was extremely friendly and hospitable. But it takes a while!!!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions...all interviews were relaxed and just trying to get to know you.   Answer Question

Specialist Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

Two phone interviews about technical skills and then a face to face in the office. They basically went over the standard interview questions. Discussed a lot about banking experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

Typical internship questions. Lots of wining and dining which is nice but not relevant to position. A lot of competition. Grades important to get into the multi level interview process. Grades not as relevant the further you get into cuts.

Interview Questions
    • Which department I would want to work in. Difficult as no information regarding different positions provided.   Answer Question

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Very nice recruiter, the people at the office seemed nice. At the end of the interview they tried to sell the company with a presentation on "Deloitte U", a first year summit. It seemed as though they were using to to sell the position and company.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions regarding the case study.   View Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2011.

I came in as an experienced hire, with three years of experience from another consulting firm. I was an interview through a referral from a past manager.
    Round 1: HR screening. (1) Walk me through your resume (2) Behavior questions (Tell me about a time you worked on a team etc.)
    Round 2: Technical interview: I think I got lucky here, because my interviewer was traveling so we only spoke for 15 minutes where he just asked me what past projects I had worked on and what I liked about them
    Round 3: In Office: (Round 1): Meeting with a Manager -- behavioral questions. (Round 2) Case -- A company has purchased another company, what would be the steps required in an IT consolidation. (Round 3): Meeting with the Partner -- more of a airport test

Interview Questions
    • I got lucky with the technical interview portion, not sure what they would have asked. For the case, just walk through the various steps in an IT implementation. Planning phase, see the different systems, understand the overlap, either consolidate data or create a new ERP etc. Go through design, build, different levels of testing and then go-live. Discuss user acceptance testing and making sure the business is on board for the IT implementation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for consultants.

Tax Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

I had a connection with a recruiter in the Atlanta office, and she referred me to a recruiter in the Houston office. The Houston recruiter contacted me and we set up an office visit for a few weeks later. I first interviewed with a Tax Director and then got a tour of a few floors of the office. Two younger employees took me out to lunch and answered any other questions I had. I got a call from the recruiter the next week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something your way. Tell me about a time in which you used creativity in leadership.   Answer Question

Consultant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

The interview process began with a telephone interview with Talent Acquisition and was followed with a series of telephone interviews with a partner and a Sr. Manager. The interviews were fairly easy - however the interviewers were very focused on specifically the types of initiatives I had worked on in previous jobs and what my role as a Manager was. My ability to clearly articulate that with certainty I believe is what landed me an opportunity to go to the next round of interviews.

Finally, I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview with 2 Partners and a Sr. Manager (who read a case study and I had to respond to 3 questions - they were easy). Although I had to give an overview of my experience, I think the interviews were designed to really determine if I was a "fit" in the overall organization and specific practice/role of which I was interviewing for.

Overall the process lasted approx. 12 weeks due to it beginning just before the Thanksgiving Holiday and interviews occurring clear through the Christmas and New Years holidays.

Interview Questions
    • - If you could create a client engagement to work on, what would it look like?   View Answer
    Negotiation was very straight-forward (no BS - it was based on a simple formula derived from your most current previous employer salary).

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!