Deloitte

3.1

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process took a month. In person case+behavioural interview > senior manager interview > Partner interview.
    The case interview was about finding cost inefficiencies around technology, I personally found it very easy.
    The second interview was in their office with a senior manager. I believed it was a stress test, he pressed every answer that came out of my mouth. I just kept smiling, answered questions truthfully to the best of my abilities.
    The third interview was in their office with a partner that I would be working with. He was very nice and the interview was conversational. I think I came across very cocky.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me exactly what you did in the positions in your resume?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

Mine was through an internal referral. The TS&A Deloitte recruitment drive was in motion.
    I was invited to interview 3 weeks after submitting my application. However the interview process (Behavioural, Case and partner round) took less than a week. Overall, a very pleasant experience and competitive compensation.

Interview Questions
    • What steps did you take in the development of your team members?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I was happy with the offer

BTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online, received a call and email for an interview a month later. Interview was with two managers/team leads. The interview was heavily based on the resume. Mostly behavioural questions. For example: Have you ever been in a situation where someone told you to do something that was unethical at work or in school? What was your reaction and what did you do. Other questions were pretty general, such as why deloitte, why is technology important.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Applied through campus recruitment, got a call for an interview one week later.

Two behavioural and two cases back to back (total of two hours) with two sets of analysts and middle managers. Behavioural was straight forward, case topics were M&A and threat of unionization.

Called a week after interview saying they weren't taking my application further. Interviewer gave lots of feedback in call and offered her contact info to help with coaching for other case interviews (she graduated from the university I'm going to so that helped as well)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were asked to do something unethical/were a part of something that was unethical. What did you do?   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Contacted by the HR through email after a few month of online application. The email was very direct and to-the-point. I tells you exactly where and when the interview is and your alternative options (i.e. Skype).

First Interview: First interview was over Skype since I was interviewing out of province. I interviewed with two senior consultants for roughly 35 minutes. I truly enjoyed the process because the interviewers are very sincere about finding out more about my background. They were extremely friendly and tried very hard to make the conversation interesting and informative.

Roughly 3 days later I got an email saying I am scheduled for a second round of interview. Since I am interviewing out of province, Deloitte was willing to conduct the interview through Skype however they are not willing to pay for air fairs to meet in person (which I find quite odd since it's the last interview before the hiring decision and the company has more than sufficient funds to fly candidates in).

Second Interview: Second interview was also over Skype and was with a partner consultant. The interviewer gave me an option to either take 10 minutes and work out a brief introduction about myself or to just proceed with the interview traditionally. I chose to proceed since I figured that it allows him to ask me questions more specific to the job in itself. In hindsight, I probably should have taken the 10 minute to work out an introduction for myself. The reason I say this is that during the entire 50 minute interview, the interviewer seemed more interested in advertising himself rather than to get to know me. For example, he would as a question like "From your co-op experiences, what did you learn about yourself in terms of weaknesses, strength and areas-of-interests?" When I proceeded to answer first part, he would cut-in and start rambling about himself. Also, the interviewer kept on asking whether if I knew what the job was about even though I have already given him a correct answer (since he replied to my answer by saying "that's pretty much on-point as to what we do here"). At the end, I was told that I will be contacted within the next 3 days about the result.

After waiting for 5 days since there were holidays in-between, I still did not hear anything back. I emailed the HR first asking for an update but my email was never answered (even until now). So I searched all over the internet and was able to find the contact information of the person that interviewed me and emailed him. He replied saying that I did not get the job.

In summary, I was happy with the interviews in itself (even though the second interview could have used a better interviewer) but I was very disappointed with Deloitte's protocol. I know this happens with many companies but I think if the candidate spent time and effort to prepare for the interview, at least he/she deserves to be informed of the outcome, whatever it might be. Even an automated email would be sufficient, but to leave the candidates hanging reflects a lack of professionalism (which is ironic since Deloitte or any firm stresses so much on being professional).

Interview Questions
    • If you are given unlimited amount of money, what would you do?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

First interview was with two managers - there was a very simple case in this interview (an example of the type of projects they deal with, and they ask you to walk them through your thought process).

Second interview was with a senior manager and a director. This interview was very informal - typical questions about if travel is okay and if unusual hours are okay.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioural with one simple case - nothing surprising   Answer Question

Consultant, Managerial Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte.

Contacted by HR recruiter (Internal) on Linkedin. She conducted an HR interview with me by phone- basic questions, descriptions of my work experience, interests and eligibility to work in Canada. 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule a behavioural interview, which was conducted by 2 managers. I was asked behavioural questions regarding my ability to cope with various situations and approach to consulting. I also asked lots of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about your approach to consulting (philosophically)   Answer Question

I was offered another interview (not a position) but felt that the company was a poor fit for me from a lifestyle perspective.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

online application. phone call on the second day and then email to set up a phone interview time. The interview was with a senior recruiter. The interview first went through the detail of the resume and no any behavior questions. The rest of interview was heavily focus on salary history and expected salary.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a number what you expect for salary (at the first round of interviews)   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Engagement with HR on the phone --> (Not so) Technical Interview with Manager --> Interview with Sr. Manager --> Interview/call with Partner --> Receive Offer --> Reference checks.
    It's pretty much standard stuff for most large organizations for an experienced position.

Interview Questions
    • They were not hard, as long as you really know your stuff.   View Answer
    Calls and Emails with Partner.
    Any changes/requests require days of waiting to get a response. And I was not successful at getting anything more.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Very simple, met many people, discussion format, and open to all kinds of questions and comments. The HR people were very helpful and patient. The interviewers were smart, talented, and had plenty of guidance. They also were very truthful and spoke about the challenges of changing jobs and the duties and responsibilities that may be hard for me as a manager.

Yes. I was able to negotiate my salary, and also get a one-time signing bonus. Be confident in your abilities and experience. And make to ask for what you want - you may actually get it.