Deloitte

3.1

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process took a month. In person case+behavioural interview > senior manager interview > Partner interview.
    The case interview was about finding cost inefficiencies around technology, I personally found it very easy.
    The second interview was in their office with a senior manager. I believed it was a stress test, he pressed every answer that came out of my mouth. I just kept smiling, answered questions truthfully to the best of my abilities.
    The third interview was in their office with a partner that I would be working with. He was very nice and the interview was conversational. I think I came across very cocky.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me exactly what you did in the positions in your resume?   Answer Question

BTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online, received a call and email for an interview a month later. Interview was with two managers/team leads. The interview was heavily based on the resume. Mostly behavioural questions. For example: Have you ever been in a situation where someone told you to do something that was unethical at work or in school? What was your reaction and what did you do. Other questions were pretty general, such as why deloitte, why is technology important.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Applied through campus recruitment, got a call for an interview one week later.

Two behavioural and two cases back to back (total of two hours) with two sets of analysts and middle managers. Behavioural was straight forward, case topics were M&A and threat of unionization.

Called a week after interview saying they weren't taking my application further. Interviewer gave lots of feedback in call and offered her contact info to help with coaching for other case interviews (she graduated from the university I'm going to so that helped as well)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were asked to do something unethical/were a part of something that was unethical. What did you do?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

First interview was with two managers - there was a very simple case in this interview (an example of the type of projects they deal with, and they ask you to walk them through your thought process).

Second interview was with a senior manager and a director. This interview was very informal - typical questions about if travel is okay and if unusual hours are okay.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioural with one simple case - nothing surprising   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

1 interview with the audit manager and partner at their bay street location. I received a phone call from HR about 10 days after the application deadline to schedule the interview. Very friendly and easy going. It was a basic conversation to see if I was a fit with the firm. I was offered the position during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question
    did not consider negotiating the contract as I felt it was a fair offer.

Consultant, Managerial Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte.

Contacted by HR recruiter (Internal) on Linkedin. She conducted an HR interview with me by phone- basic questions, descriptions of my work experience, interests and eligibility to work in Canada. 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule a behavioural interview, which was conducted by 2 managers. I was asked behavioural questions regarding my ability to cope with various situations and approach to consulting. I also asked lots of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about your approach to consulting (philosophically)   Answer Question

I was offered another interview (not a position) but felt that the company was a poor fit for me from a lifestyle perspective.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

online application. phone call on the second day and then email to set up a phone interview time. The interview was with a senior recruiter. The interview first went through the detail of the resume and no any behavior questions. The rest of interview was heavily focus on salary history and expected salary.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a number what you expect for salary (at the first round of interviews)   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Engagement with HR on the phone --> (Not so) Technical Interview with Manager --> Interview with Sr. Manager --> Interview/call with Partner --> Receive Offer --> Reference checks.
    It's pretty much standard stuff for most large organizations for an experienced position.

Interview Questions
    • They were not hard, as long as you really know your stuff.   View Answer
    Calls and Emails with Partner.
    Any changes/requests require days of waiting to get a response. And I was not successful at getting anything more.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Very simple, met many people, discussion format, and open to all kinds of questions and comments. The HR people were very helpful and patient. The interviewers were smart, talented, and had plenty of guidance. They also were very truthful and spoke about the challenges of changing jobs and the duties and responsibilities that may be hard for me as a manager.

Yes. I was able to negotiate my salary, and also get a one-time signing bonus. Be confident in your abilities and experience. And make to ask for what you want - you may actually get it.

IT Support (Summer Student) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

I applied online through official website. About 3 weeks later I received an email for an interview. The interview was conducted by a Manager and a Sr. Analyst. Most questions were scenario based. I was advised on the format of answers they were looking for. I think I did okay considering that my answers were thoughtful and realistic. I was advised to contact the HR a week later to find out if I was selected. I got a call from the HR with an offer. I obviously accepted considering the Firm's reputation and I was very happy to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions was "Describe a scenario where you had to convince someone 1-on-1 and how did you do it and what was the outcome"   Answer Question