Deloitte

www.deloitte.com

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2009.

First round was on campus, was grilled hard about valuation, and random things about how to choose suitable comparable companies. Held my composure throughout it all and left the interview not thinking I would get a second round but I did. Second round was more behavioral based. I talked a lot about why I wanted to do transfer pricing- my econ background, the international and analytical focus, etc.

Interview Questions

Chose to decline because the company and division didn't seem to be a good fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

2 rounds interview.
    1st round: interview with 2 managers. Some behaviour/situational questions, few technical questions. They expect you to possess basic knowledge about transfer pricing. You have to be able to calculate transfer price and ROA.
    2nd round: interview with a partner.

Interview Questions
    • A question asked what risk did you take in your past, give an example.   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

Started with a phone interview mainly asking about academic and career background, 10 minutes at the most. Next was the first interview, initially met with a senior manager and an associate partner. Consisted of the standard interview questions and discussions, very light and conversational. Later, had a discussion with a partner, this was mostly informative; he discussed the job, the opportunities that were possible, the work-life balance etc. About a week later a second interview, where I met with the same senior manager to discuss the details of what the job entailed, another senior manager from a different team to ask general interview questions (this, I believe, was more to determine fit within the company than anything else). I met with a manager and a senior analyst for coffee (again to determine social skills within the team). Finally, I met with the associate manager from the first interview to discuss compensation, start date and an outline for the first few months as well as future career progression. Another week went by and I got a call saying that all interviews went well and that I should expect an offer shortly. Offer came the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Provide examples where you worked as part of a team both in an academic and workplace setting.   Answer Question
    • Explain what you think Transfer Pricing is.   Answer Question
    Being that this is my first job out of school, I did not attempt to negotiate salary, vacation or anything else like that. There was some room to discuss a start date and we came to an agreement that worked well for me.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!