Deloitte UK Associate Interview Questions

3.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte UK (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

started process in October 2011 and after passing the online tests, proceeded to the e-tray assessment which took place in an office. it was very time pressured and there was no spell check, so any grammatical mistake could cost you the job. after that, there were 2 other interviews, one with a manager and one with the partner. received offer 2 days after last interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not applicable

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte UK

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

2 interviews:
    1 with a manager
    1 with a partner, which included a case study exercise

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte UK (London, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

Submitted the application form and within one working day I received a reply. I was then asked to book a slot for a telephone interview (although there was not a great deal of choice of times). The telephone interview lasted 10-15 mins and the usual questions were asked (Why this firm? Why the division you've chosen? Describe what you understand the qualification you are taking entails etc.). Within three working days I was informed I had succeeded and was invited to compete two online numerical and verbal reasoning tests. After completing these, I then received a phone call from HR to book a first round interview. This was meant to be around 60-90 mins long and the competency areas available on the applicants section of the website were focussed on. The interviewer asked for two examples of a time in the past that each competency was demonstrated. Towards the end the typical questions about the firm, the qualification etc. were asked. Within three working days I was called by HR again to book a final assessment centre. This consisted of an etray exercise in the morning, lunch with recent joiners and a partner interview in the afternoon. The etray exercise is explained in full on the day and an email is sent to you when you book the assessment centre that contains some preparatory information which makes the task less daunting. The partner interview is often more a rather informal chat about various interesting experiences that were mentioned in the first interview and general conversation about university experience, previous jobs etc.

My advice to interview candidates is to spend a very long time preparing. Preparation is key to the first round interview and the telephone interview. For the first round interview, write down two examples of when you have demonstrated a key competency (can be found on the website) and then learn these. If you can think of more than two then that is good too as sometimes you will accidentally use one quite broad example on the day for one competency that you had originally written down for another.

The people that I met throughout the interview process were all really, exceptionally friendly and approachable. The offices are really nice. Modern and professional. HR are really quick and efficient when replying to any queries throughout the application process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver a difficult message   1 Answer