Deloitte Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

Risk Consulting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

The overall process from application to interview took around 2-3 months but throughout you were kept up to date with progress and informed of developments at all key stages. When invited to interview lots of information was provided on the company website which I feel prepared me fully for the interview process. The actual interview was very relaxed, the intreviewer was very friendly and put you at ease immediately and the questions were generally what is to be expected of this kind of competency based interview. They stuck to asking questions about you and didn't go into the company or sector that much.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Deloitte.

Recruitment was via an agency. The interview process was in two phases. The first was with a Manager. He was very friendly, made me feel at ease. I got the feeling he wanted to know if I was a people person in addition to being able to audit financial statements. the second phase was with the audit partner. I think I was more of a formality than any real test of my knowledge. I believe the 2nd interview was to assess me as a person from the partner's point of view.

No negotiations. There is a standard rate by HR

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Initial interview was a brief phone interview with HR Recruiter to explain the process and next steps. Followed up with 1 stage phone interview. Competency-based with focus on examples from your own work

Interview Questions
    • How would you market yourself? It appears there's a strong culture of pursuing your own opportunities if you can market yourself with senior management   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Very quick process, applied in late August for an October start. Initially application form, followed by aptitude tests, e-tray exercise (now replaced with a critical thinking test), first interview (competency based, very rigorous) and a final partner interview (informal, friendly).

The first interview - check through Deloitte's competencies and have at least 2 examples of each to show skills relevant to the firm.

The Partner interview - prepare case study well and be prepared to answer questions thrown at you about your pitch. Research everything you're talking about thoroughly.

non negotiable

Associate Interview

Two rounds of interview.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

stage one- meeting with two team members 2 hours long
    stage two- interview with partner in london
    stage three- full day in office- presentation, essay, interview and team task

Infrastructure Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

After being short listed had a 1 hour telephone interview. Totally off guard and not like any other telephone interview I have done.

Be prepared to be probed.. avoid using "we" and use "I" as much as you can. The answers i gave were not precise enough and can be cataogorised as " scatter gun " answers. One tip is to try to keep it concise as you can almost like text book answers, but thats just how they like it.. and then be prepared to be probed.

Interview Questions
    • Most diificult person I have worked it ( or something along them lines) was tricky to answer that as i was asked to give specifics of the situation..   Answer Question

ERS Consultant/Penetration Testing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

First step is an online application, with bullets points stating motivation for working at Deloitte, and what you expect to be doing in the first year.

Next is a series on online tests, followed by the e-tray.

E-tray is in two parts, the first is reading and responding to e-mails (use supporting information to guide your answers, noting who's responsible for what tasks, and information surrounding the fictional business and its client).

The second part is a written exercise, where you give a recommendation based on evidence provided in the supporting information, and e-mail attachments. Advice is to be objective, and don't focus too much on your favored option - I doubt there is a 'correct' answer, just be able to back up the choice you are most comfortable with.

First interview - a competency interview. The assessor will also want to know your motivation for why Deloitte, and what you know about the role/qualification, and possibly what you know about the other areas of the business, e.g. what other functions in ERS and what do they do.

Interview Questions
    • What tools do we use in pen testing, and have you used them?   View Answer

Intern Interview

A lot of steps to go through. e-tray was OK, group case study was tricky, interviews afterwards challenging.

BTO Consultant Interview

1. CV selection, and a short phone call 'why did you apply for deloitte' 'why consultancy'
    2. Group round:
    You come in have breakfast with 30 other people, following you have a presentation, next you get market research (30 mins), following you discuss plan of approach for the following 45 mins with four other students, next 15 minutes of explaining your answers
    3. HR talk and a case with a consultant
    4. Partner talk

Interview Questions
    • Don't even bother applying if you didn't study anything related to economics (they don't accept civil/bio/aerospace engineers) but they will ask you to the group round   Answer Question