Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Quick turnaround. Defend your position when they review the etray this is what counts. There is a huge push on utilisation and chargeable hours at the moment which makes it very, very miserable for everyone in the office as you will need to explain yourself if you are less than 90% chargeable. Bonuses are so small (£500) at this grade and you're not likely to get it even if you work late daily.

Interview Question – Why do Degree A at uni and then work in accountancy.   Answer Question

Graduate Tax Programmer Interview

Graduate Tax Programmer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I initially had to apply online and answer a number of questions during the application process, then I was invited to do an online assessment which involved answering questions to test my personality. No numeracy questions. Then I was asked to have a telephone interview which last around 20 minutes. Basic questions were asked about what I enjoyed about tax/why I wanted to study it. Why I wanted to work for Deloitte. What my biggest achievement was. Very broad questions, not many directed towards the role.

Interview Question – I was asked what I would do to get the country out of the recession   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Reading, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview Details – Application. Took a few days then invited to carry out tests. Numerical and logical reasoning tests. Again a few days later invited to carry out the e-tray tests. The first half consisted of replying to emails with a multiple choice response based on information you were given and analysis you also had to work out. Once you had passed that you were sent an email to carry out the second half of the e-tray test. This consisted of a written proposal, where you had to give business advice to your client based on the information from the first half of the e-tray test and some extra information. After this I was invited to a face to face interview at the office I had applied to.

Interview Question – How has the economic climate affected Deloitte and what can be done to combat this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Associate Interview

Associate
Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – started process in October 2011 and after passing the online tests, proceeded to the e-tray assessment which took place in an office. it was very time pressured and there was no spell check, so any grammatical mistake could cost you the job. after that, there were 2 other interviews, one with a manager and one with the partner. received offer 2 days after last interview.

Interview Question – tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not applicable

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Interview Details – Telephone interview followed by initial personal competency based interview. This is followed by assessment centre which includes various assessments including group discussion, case study presentation. Finally partner interview which is more focussing on fit for the organisation, personal goals and aspirations

Interview Question – Where will you be in five years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Open and protracted

Auditor Interview

Auditor

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Fastrack: Application form, online test, E-tray, Manager interview, Partner interview

Interview Question – What should be paid attention in your job as an auditor   Answer Question

Risk Consulting Interview

Risk Consulting

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The overall process from application to interview took around 2-3 months but throughout you were kept up to date with progress and informed of developments at all key stages. When invited to interview lots of information was provided on the company website which I feel prepared me fully for the interview process. The actual interview was very relaxed, the intreviewer was very friendly and put you at ease immediately and the questions were generally what is to be expected of this kind of competency based interview. They stuck to asking questions about you and didn't go into the company or sector that much.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have failed.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview, presentation and face to face interview

Summer Intern - Audit Interview

Summer Intern - Audit
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through SEO London and managed to get fast tracked to a final round interview. Typical competency questions to be honest.. very much as expected. Asked about time management, experiences where you had no experience and team playing abilities

Asked questions about the recent news in the sector and about the different exams you would have to take in the graduate role.

Interview Question – I guess the question about the exams you can take (ACA)
Went into a fair bit of info but wasnt easy to find.

Also with the current news - there was a big story at the time of the interview so it was easy to talk about... i reckon this would get harder though if theres little things under scrutiny.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – internship - no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

Interview Details – Online application, online tests, first interview, second partner interivew and assessment day - including case study

Interview Question – NOthing particularly outstanding   Answer Question