Deloitte Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I sent my application last year around November. Heard back from the company in February, saying that I got selected for an interview. Interview happened the week after with HR. It was pretty easy! No preparation needed. It didn't even last 20min- I was just asked competency based questions such as "why deloitte"? Then there was a personality test which is timed and lasts 20min, and a language skills test that lasts another 20min. I heard back from them after 3 weeks, saying that I had been put through to second rounds!

Deloitte Scholars Interview

Interview

Online testing, e tray then first round competency interview then partner interview

Interview Questions

London filled up so got an offer for Bristol which I didn't want.

Associate Interview

Interview

Quick turnaround. Defend your position when they review the etray this is what counts. There is a huge push on utilisation and chargeable hours at the moment which makes it very, very miserable for everyone in the office as you will need to explain yourself if you are less than 90% chargeable. Bonuses are so small (£500) at this grade and you're not likely to get it even if you work late daily.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I initially had to apply online and answer a number of questions during the application process, then I was invited to do an online assessment which involved answering questions to test my personality. No numeracy questions. Then I was asked to have a telephone interview which last around 20 minutes. Basic questions were asked about what I enjoyed about tax/why I wanted to study it. Why I wanted to work for Deloitte. What my biggest achievement was. Very broad questions, not many directed towards the role.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would do to get the country out of the recession   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Interview

Fastrack: Application form, online test, E-tray, Manager interview, Partner interview

Interview Questions

• What should be paid attention in your job as an auditor   Answer Question

Risk Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The overall process from application to interview took around 2-3 months but throughout you were kept up to date with progress and informed of developments at all key stages. When invited to interview lots of information was provided on the company website which I feel prepared me fully for the interview process. The actual interview was very relaxed, the intreviewer was very friendly and put you at ease immediately and the questions were generally what is to be expected of this kind of competency based interview. They stuck to asking questions about you and didn't go into the company or sector that much.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Recruitment was via an agency. The interview process was in two phases. The first was with a Manager. He was very friendly, made me feel at ease. I got the feeling he wanted to know if I was a people person in addition to being able to audit financial statements. the second phase was with the audit partner. I think I was more of a formality than any real test of my knowledge. I believe the 2nd interview was to assess me as a person from the partner's point of view.

Negotiation

No negotiations. There is a standard rate by HR

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was a brief phone interview with HR Recruiter to explain the process and next steps. Followed up with 1 stage phone interview. Competency-based with focus on examples from your own work

Interview Questions

• How would you market yourself? It appears there's a strong culture of pursuing your own opportunities if you can market yourself with senior management   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

Very quick process, applied in late August for an October start. Initially application form, followed by aptitude tests, e-tray exercise (now replaced with a critical thinking test), first interview (competency based, very rigorous) and a final partner interview (informal, friendly).

The first interview - check through Deloitte's competencies and have at least 2 examples of each to show skills relevant to the firm.

The Partner interview - prepare case study well and be prepared to answer questions thrown at you about your pitch. Research everything you're talking about thoroughly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable

Associate Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interview.