Deloitte Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

stage one- meeting with two team members 2 hours long
    stage two- interview with partner in london
    stage three- full day in office- presentation, essay, interview and team task

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

After being short listed had a 1 hour telephone interview. Totally off guard and not like any other telephone interview I have done.

Be prepared to be probed.. avoid using "we" and use "I" as much as you can. The answers i gave were not precise enough and can be cataogorised as " scatter gun " answers. One tip is to try to keep it concise as you can almost like text book answers, but thats just how they like it.. and then be prepared to be probed.

Interview Questions

• Most diificult person I have worked it ( or something along them lines) was tricky to answer that as i was asked to give specifics of the situation..   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First step is an online application, with bullets points stating motivation for working at Deloitte, and what you expect to be doing in the first year.

Next is a series on online tests, followed by the e-tray.

E-tray is in two parts, the first is reading and responding to e-mails (use supporting information to guide your answers, noting who's responsible for what tasks, and information surrounding the fictional business and its client).

The second part is a written exercise, where you give a recommendation based on evidence provided in the supporting information, and e-mail attachments. Advice is to be objective, and don't focus too much on your favored option - I doubt there is a 'correct' answer, just be able to back up the choice you are most comfortable with.

First interview - a competency interview. The assessor will also want to know your motivation for why Deloitte, and what you know about the role/qualification, and possibly what you know about the other areas of the business, e.g. what other functions in ERS and what do they do.

Interview Questions

• What tools do we use in pen testing, and have you used them?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

A lot of steps to go through. e-tray was OK, group case study was tricky, interviews afterwards challenging.

BTO Consultant Interview

Interview

1. CV selection, and a short phone call 'why did you apply for deloitte' 'why consultancy'
    2. Group round:
    You come in have breakfast with 30 other people, following you have a presentation, next you get market research (30 mins), following you discuss plan of approach for the following 45 mins with four other students, next 15 minutes of explaining your answers
    3. HR talk and a case with a consultant
    4. Partner talk

Interview Questions

• Don't even bother applying if you didn't study anything related to economics (they don't accept civil/bio/aerospace engineers) but they will ask you to the group round   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview

Got to the final interview, didn't let me sit the final interview due to my A - Level grades. I have a 2.1 from a redbrick uni in the UK and a masters from the LSE and even then this company was screwing over my A levels. I resat my A levels due to some personal problems and as I could not prove this they did not let sit me the interview....the process from application to the first interview was fine although e tray was unusual as I apparently failed it but then passed like the day after, due to some computer system error.

Interview Questions

• Not many unexpected question, mainly just on competencies and past experiences. Once you create a rapport and a sense that you've known the interview for a long time then it becomes relatively easy to have a flowing conversation.   Answer Question

Consultant III Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview

I was asked to send my CV, and was invited for interview shortly after. I had two phone interviews with partners, about two weeks apart. Each was about an hour long and covered my previous experience, my interest in the firm and the location, and my style dealing with clients. I would recommend having very consistent answers regarding the firm, and having spoken to people in the firm. Having both of these made answering these questions very straight forward and I believe this made a good impression. In between these interviews I completed an online verbal, quant and reasoning test which took around thirty minutes and was much easier than the GMAT. I was successful in my application, but never accepted the role.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was: when things go wrong with a client, how do you deal with it? This actually was challenging because it was difficult to know what kind of 'wrong' the interviewer meant. I spent a moment clarifying and then answered the question very honestly, which seemed to satisfy.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

Interview

Applied through school's career center. Had on campus interview, which was split into two parts. First thirty minute case interview with one person followed by another thirty minute behavioral with someone different. Case interviewer was nice but given a tough case to work with. Behavioral interviewer less friendly asking questions from list. Second round interviews were the next day with one long interview with two interviewers

Interview Questions

• Case involving the establishment and training of a new software required by the US government for a worldwide medical company   Answer Question

Assistant Manager, CF Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview

Initial screening over a coffee chat with Director. Followed by f2f. Asked a lot of competency questions about various situations and experience from the past. 90% competency questions and 5% technical questions. All were dealt very well luckily and were liked by the Dir and the SM.
    Partner round was not too difficult even though the partner asked loads of relevant question on commercial knowledge on relevant area and recent trends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room. They increased £0.5K after lot of negotiation. Was happy eventually anyway

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Online application form, followed by online intelligence test. This was followed by a competency interview. Following this there was a full day assessment centre that consisted of another competency interview, a case study and presentation, group task and an interview with a partner. The interview team clearly wanted to get the most out of you and did their best to make you feel relaxed and able to perform.