Deloitte

Updated Dec 16, 2014

121 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process started off a little hectic. Scheduled 2 30-minute phone interviews. 1 behavioral, which was really easy. 1 case. Case interview over the phone is definitely an awkward process. My case was really strange but pretty easy. I didn't do great, but from talking to people at the firm, no one does because phone cases are inherently awkward.

The next steps were an on site interview in Arlington a week and a half after the case. I was told to keep the day open and that I would definitely hear back 1 way or the other before the onsite.

Well that date went by and I heard nothing. There was no main contact in the process either. I did reach out to the various people who had been in contact with me, but no one will get back to me. I guess I did something egregious because I was just completely dropped.

It's really strange because I have received offers from several other firms. I had been extremely impressed with Deloitte up until this point and they were at the top of my list. This process was pretty disheartening. I guess it was better to find out now.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Submitted resume through university career website. Got a on campus interview. Back to back 30min interview with partner and manager. Got a call after a week inviting me to office visit. Was provided hotel to stay for the pre-interview night and there was dinner with staff and two partners. Day of the interview, breakfast with other candidates and firm presentation from managing partner. After that two interviews and office tour.

Interview Questions
    • More of a conversation and the partner asked if I had any questions for him.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

I got into the on campus interview and was selected to a second/final round on site interview. There were three interviews with different employers at the company and a meal with other associates during the final interview. The interviews were all basically behavioral, based on background and project experience. There were a lot of follow up questions based on my answers in the interview, so it is very important to know every detail of the project or experience that you are talking about. The people I met during the interview process were all super nice and helpful. Some interviewer might appear to be a little harsh. Be calm and confident under any possible pressure in the interview.

Interview Questions
    As I had another offer with a higher salary, I used it to negotiate salary with Deloitte. After about a week's negotiation, Deloitte raised the salary as I had in mind.

Infrastructure Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Contacted by a recruiter through Dice. We lost track of each other for a month, but after that, one to two weeks to offer. Phone interview, in-person interview in Arlington. Fairly easy thirty-minute interviews for fit, technical skills, and a straight-forward case interview. Recruiter will send you information to prepare for the case interview process.

Interview Questions

Received another offer from a technology company that I felt offered more career potential than a consulting firm.

Federal Consulting- Operations Analyst, Arlington, VA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

Federal Consulting- Operations Analyst, Arlington, VA

fyi, I would have been coming in as an experienced hire with 3 years of post college experience

1. Initial email from recruiter to setup 30 minutes to discuss position.
    2. Phone Screen: 30 minutes where we talked about my background, experiences and the open position details.
    3. In Person Interview #1: I met with two Senior Managers for 30 minutes each. First Interview- we discussed my experiences, background, skills, and the application of 'teamwork' in the corporate setting. Second Interview- we discussed the position in detail, the day to day, the client, the Deloitte team that I would be working with.
    4.. In Person Interview #2: The Fit Interview- I met with a Senior Consultant for 30 minutes and a Program Lead for 30 minutes. Both interviewers were very nice and very easy to talk with. It was very informal and everything we discussed was very typical for a 'fit' interview. Why here, Why Now, tell me about a time...

Overall very straightforward process. Yes Deloitte offered me more money then my current salary but the longer hours required and disappointing benefits package made me decline the position. See below reasons why I declined the offer.

- Offered Salary was great for my level of experience, the other benefits not so great.
    - 401K Match of 1.5%. My current employer matches 100% up to the first 6%, this would be a big hit for my retirement accounts.
    - Not eligible for the Deloitte Pension Program. Deloitte apparently has several career paths/ models with different levels of benefits, this was not discussed in the interviews.
    - Not eligible for Tuition Reimbursement
    - Would have been on a new career track for Deloitte with 5 tiers: Analyst, Sr Analyst, Specialist, Sr Specialist, Manager. Yes, still promotions but very different track than what the Consultants, Sr Consultants are on. Made me believe that I would be treated differently and look down upon.
    - No laptop as a federal consultant.
    - Employment offer stated that I was only one the *** program and not able to move around to other programs/ projects if canceled or not needed any more.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, nothing was difficult or above my head   Answer Question

Low 401K match- 1.5%
    Not eligible for the Pension Program
    No tuition reimbursement

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

I had a current employee give my resume to a recruiter. After waiting 2 months I received an email scheduling a phone interview. The recruiter failed to contact me during our set meeting time. I sent to emails to touch base, without a reply. About a week later I heard back from the recruiter and scheduled a new time. The initial interview went well. They asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there. I was assured I would then hear back by the end of the week about a follow-up in person interview. I did not hear until the end of the following week ( after I emailed them). By then the position had been filled.

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

The process was relatively fast. Big 4 accounting firms are 'BIG" on referral hires versus outside applications, just FYI for anyone looking to work for them. I was referred by someone within, through a former co-worker of mine. We spoke about my work experience, and then I was referred to another person about a few days later who spoke to me about my work experience. She then forwarded up my information and i received the interview within a week.

The interviews itself, again depend on location, the position applied for, and the people who interview you. They have your resume in front of them, so try not to lie and they usually know if you know what you're talking about. There 3 interviews, each back to back, lasting 30 mins. The first one primarily asked about work experience; things such was was rewarding, what could i have done different and just to explain each jobs responsibilities while I was there. The second and third interviews were open-floor. I did most of the question asking, with them asking a few as well. This is the part where you want to show that you did research on them, which should be factored into your questions. Don't be too technical, they each told me the like people with personalities. The key word to hit on is PERSONABLE, that word will take you VERY far. That same week I was informed that I they had chosen me.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a question that was too difficult. I think each experience depends on the location of the office for the interview and the people interviewing you as well as the position you are applying for. Each of the three individuals I met with were very pleasant to talk to. It felt more like a conversation than a interview.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

I was contacted late June 2014 and the process took approximately 3 weeks (only because of July 4th, or it would be 2 weeks). This is for FEDERAL BTA, which means you will be working on government stuff.

I was called by the recruiting coordinator. She was nice and wanted to help me as much as possible. We talked a bit about what the job was about and its location (consider it a very laid back interview, but dont discount that you can 'fail' it), and she asked me about relocation and salary and basic requisites like US citizenship and all that, then she paired me up with an interviewer.

1st Round- Technical Interview:
    As someone with a STEM degree, I was paired up with a developer for a initial technical phone interview. Be very careful, it is indeed technical. The person will be a senior specialist who knows their stuff and will definitely know when you are trying to play him/her. They will DEFINITELY scour your resume and ask you questions from it. Here are some questions I wrote down for yall:
    what is the difference between scripting and object oriented languages?
    what is the primary thing about oo languages?
    how to SELECT from a table (relational database)?
    what is a relational database?
    What is the steps in SDLC?
    What are JOIN?
    What is AJAX? You know what it means? What is it used for? Give me an example if an AJAX website.

They can ask other meta questions. However do not base your preparations off of my exact questions. Base them of the format or depth. I told them I knew Java and the interviewer decided to test my knowledge on concepts. So kinda at least understand all terms and stuff you used in your resume.

2nd Round- All in one:
    I had a case, technical and culture fit/behavioural interview. 3 different people in different timeslots, singularly, in one day spanning 2 hours. Now, my situation is most likely going to be different from most of the reader's, because I had special arrangements. I had to do a teleconference (video chat) interview rather than a regular normal fly-to-location - face to face interview that my peers most likely did. So since I would be working in another state, I was asked by Deloitte to go their office in my current state (which is not where I am gonna work) and video chat them from there. Interesting experience, but each interview was exactly 30 minutes with the interviewers being cut off/interrupted when another has to come in (its all automatic). So yeah...
    But it was great and super prompt. I had the interview on friday and heard on monday.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Know your SDLC. Know your technical stuff (if you are STEM major, like myself) , practice case interviews and you should be fine. I am quite sure what they really want is a personable person (this is super important) who knows their stuff. See below:   View Answers (2)
    As someone who was out of college 6 months prior, I had some say into what I wanted, because for some reason i was regarded as an experienced hire since I wasnt hired right out of college. However I was careful about it, because I had needed the job. So it ended being the avg that BTAs get paid with a signing bonus for relocation needs.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

The interview process was probably the best that I have experienced. I was one of about 12 people getting interviewed and was really impressed with the organization and over all process. I left Deloitte excited to be part of the company. If you lack the integrity of what you put forth in your resume you will not do well.

Interview Questions
    • The business case was probably the most trivial, and only because you either knew what you were talking about or you didn't.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was a simple process! Deloitte gathers pertinent information prior to sending out an offer.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Deloitte purchased the company I was employed by; therefore, no interview was necessary. Everyone who worked for the company came over with the same salary. Of course we received all if their benefits.

N/A, I kept the same salary.