Deloitte Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 15, 2015

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The whole process was really positive. Everyone was professional, efficient and friendly. I met with three people (a manager, senior manager and partner) for thirty minutes each. One interview was a case study, one was behavioral and the final was a culture-fit assessment--basically, will I fit in?

I had never done a case study before, so I focused most of my preparation on that interview. I applied for their federal sector, which is a bit different than their other sectors. The case study really focuses on your logic and whether you know how to ask the right questions. Deloitte loves the "people, process and technology" framework, so make sure to focus on that.

Interview Questions

• They phrased it differently, but they asked for two strengths and two weaknesses. I had only prepared one of each!   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

So glad you had a positive experience! What you described in terms of the variety of different types of interviews is consistent with our interview process for Consulting. If you haven't done a ... More

Externship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through university's online job network and search. Offered two 30 minute interviews on my campus and then after two weeks I received a call that invited me to go to their office in McLean. I accepted and there was a dinner the evening prior with two 30 minute interviews the next day with directors and partners.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: strengths, weaknesses, leadership skills, interpersonal skills   Answer Question

Federal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

30 min. phone interview for the first round. This was behavioral, so they mostly just asked me questions about my past experiences, why I was interested in consulting, etc. Specific questions from my resume. Then in the final round, they flew me to D.C. for more behavioral and case interviews. I had 2 case interviews back-to-back, and one behavioral. Interviewers were very nice and I didn't trip up during any of the interviews, but I don't think I was charismatic enough.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

An employee sent in my CV for a specific position back in late November, but I received an email stating that my experience was not a fit for that position and didn't hear anything else for months. I did eventually hear from Deloitte HR in late February, and the process went incredibly fast after that.
    I spoke with a recruiter over the phone, and after discussing my experience she immediately scheduled me to come into the Rosslyn office for a series of three interviews in one day. A week and a half later I went in for the interviews. I stayed in one small room and three employees (manager, senior manager, and principal) rotated around to talk with me.
    There were three interviews: fit, behavioral, and case. The fit and behavioral interviews were very relaxed and mainly revolved around my previous work and how I handled specific situations (how did you handle a situation when your team members did not agree on an issue?). The interviewers were incredibly nice and made me feel immediately at ease. The case interview started a little tense (I was nervous), and they asked me about implementing a new system at a government agency. I wasn't quite expecting this, as I do not have a technical background at all, so make sure you know the SDLC basics. It was a relatively short case, and I relaxed as the interviewer answered my questions.
    It really seemed like the priority was how well you present yourself and how enthusiastic you are about the position and the company. Remember to relax!

Interview Questions

• Case: Talk me through a system implementation at a federal agency.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume in advance of a Deloitte-hosted networking event. Within 18 hours of uploading my resume I was contacted for an initial screening interview. The call was about 40 minutes: What did your manager say on your last performance review? Why are you looking to leave your company? What level do you think you should come into? The next day I was contacted to come in for an in person interview. My interview was scheduled for 10 days later, after work hours. Its as a series of 3, 30 minute interviews. The first was a fit interview: walk me through your resume; have you had to do stakeholder engagement? Asked a question about how I can balance multiple priorities and clients at a time; asked a few clarifying questions about my experience. Second interview was a case study, pretty straight forward; only had time for the interviewer question: what are the organizational challenges. The third was a technical fit interview: what do you like about Human Capital? Where do you see the strengths of your experience? We are considering you for senior consultant--can you talk about your experience with teams?

My interview was on a Thursday and I got a call the following Wednesday confirming information on my application, and informed me they would be making an offer. Offer was made the following Monday. The whole process took less than 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your Resume?
      What experience do you have with working in and managing teams?
      At Deloitte, there is an expectation to work on your client project but also contribute to Deloitte HQ activities--have you worked in a position before where you have to switch back-and-forth from priorities in this way?

Answer Question

Federal Human Capital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first was a structural interview conducted by telephone. The second was a cultural interview conducted by an senior executive. The last was a case study interview.

Interview Questions

• Challenges I experienced in my current job and how I overcame them   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume to my university career center in hopes of landing an initial on-site interview. Got selected for the interview, and was contacted by email and asked to complete two personality/skills assessments before my scheduled interview day. The initial interview was very relaxed—I spoke with a manager and a senior manager who were both extremely friendly and personable. The interview was very conversational and at some points I even forgot I was being interviewed because I was enjoying the conversation! About a week after my initial interview, I was contacted by a recruiter and invited to an onsite interview. The night before the interview, I attended a pre-interview dinner with three other candidates and two consultants. The dinner was fun, and was a good opportunity to relax before the big day! The onsite visit the next day was a good time—we were given a presentation by a partner, fed breakfast and lunch, and networked while waiting for our individual interviews. Most candidates spoke with two or three partners, however, I only spoke with one director. I was very nervous about the director interview, but it was only 30 minutes long and was very casual. I was by a recruiter a week later extending an offer.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA).

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter

Technical phone screening, I was 2 years of experience less then what they were looking for, I showed "eagerness" over the conversation that they invited me to an in person interview.

In Person 3 Rounds:

1st: HR (unfortunately) my HR was someone who didn't care about the interview, he talked down a lot and wasn't interested in striking a conversation.

2nd round: Talked about previous projects, SDLC, and anything on your resume

3rd Round: Consulting: They want to see what steps you took in order to come up with a solution, make sure you name risks at the end, also talk about stakeholders and ask questions. This interviewer was also not very inviting.

They have a beautiful workplace, and I met a lot of friendly people on the location, but 2 of my 3 interviewers seemed like they'd rather be at a happy hour somewhere in Clarendon.

Federal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process was good overall. The case questions are pretty hard, and if the interviewer is in a rush it can be tough. The people are all incredibly nice, however, the amount of time that it took them to get back to me was rather rude. They said 2-3 weeks and it took them 5.

Interview Questions

• Two cases that were basic quantitative and logic questions, but with a federal twit.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. I was initially skeptical as this was for their Federal TS&A sector and my background is not technical. After exchanging a few emails with the recruiter and getting a few things straight I had a quick 20 min phone chat with him that night. We talked about my current duties, past jobs, etc. We also talked about salary expectation. This exact number was repeated back to me later in the process, so be shrewd. I have heard of people who were dropped at this point for giving to high a number, but I am not sure that is true. Either way, give it some thought. I wish I had stalled and thought a number through better, but I still am getting a great offer.

Step 2 was hearing from an internal recruiter who set up a technical interview with a senior manager. This was about a 30 minute talk and was more a "fit" interview than anything revolving around a hard skills test.

Step 3 was a in-person 3 round interview. Case Study with a senior manager, another "fit" interview with a partner and then another technical interview with a different senior manager.

Advice: Don't worry trying to shoe horn yourself into this job. It really felt like it came down to two things: attitude and aptitude. Did they want to work with you and did they think you showed a propensity for learning. Have you done this sort of consulting before? Probably all the better. I had never done a case study interview before and I was really sweating it. I did my homework, but my interviewer was REALLY gracious and was more interested in how I problem solved than whether or not I knew technical jargon.

Negotiation

I am awaiting the official offer, but I do plan on negotiating.