Delphi

57 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Process Development Manager Interview

Process Development Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Delphi in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite complex. It started with online questioning, moving into on-site meetings with department management. It finished by meeting with the president of the company.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Maintenance Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Delphi in July 2011.

Interview Details – It was mainly a technical interview. Both the time they a asked technical questions. Only some simple english and mechanical and mathematics test.

Interview Question – Mostly about my last experience   Answer Question

Advanced Software Engineer Interview

Advanced Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Delphi in August 2009.

Interview Details – General aptitude, then three technical interviews and one final HR interview.

Interview Question – Should be perfect on electronics and embedded C.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I joined as trainee.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Delphi in May 2012.

Interview Details – Four rounds of interview

1. Technical interview with a panel of two Senior Engineers/ Team Lead
2. Managerial round with the Project Manager
3. Discussion with Senior Manager of the Business Unit
4. HR round

Cons: Long wait time

Interview Question – CAN protocol and CAPL basics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Delphi in January 2010.

Interview Details – It is quiet simple and smooth.

Interview Question – No such question was asked   Answer Question

Staffing Interview

Staffing
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Delphi in February 2008.

Interview Details – I was applying for another positions but the Manager thought I was better suited for this postion. I I reviewed the description and felt this way as well. I was really impressed that they were looking to make us both happy if they decided to move forward with me. I interviwed over the phone and later in person. Both went really well.

Interview Questions

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Delphi in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by onsite interview. The people were great and very friendly. The day was well planned with handoffs to the next interviewer well coordinated.

Interview Question – How do you measure the noise due to an amplifier   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer was good, but not enough to make a quick decession. My current company exceeded the offer when they found out that I was contemplating a counter. I had given the company the number that I would have accepted, but they did not make that offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Delphi in July 2010.

Interview Details – The first round is pure technical then followed by the manager round and then the HR round. After these three rounds the Staff engineer of the Sector meets you. The offer is received within 5 day of the whole process.

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Delphi in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled by HR at 10 AM. I was there by 9:50AM and the interview started at 10:15. First round started with the basics of C, RTOS and microcontrollers. It was for about 1.5 hrs. The second round was more of a domain knowledge check for about 1 hr. The third round was more of debugging and problem solving skills test for about 0.5 hrs.

Interview Question – One question, which was most unexpected for me was, the interviewer asked me regarding my response to a query by Customer for which I had still not found a solution. It took me full 10 minutes to come out with a decent answer.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Troy, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delphi in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview is based off of behavioral based questions (i.e. "tell me about a time when...") and the interviewers are very relatable and nice.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had poor communication and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!