Delphi Interview Questions

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delphi in February 2014.

One on-campus interview with two members from Delphi after submitting a resume through campus recruiting. No questions that were unexpected. Walk through your resume then asked why delphi, why finance, and a time with a difficult member in a group. Friend received an offer two days after the interview and accepted.

Customer Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Delphi in May 2014.

Long process but very professional. Interviewed by 2 managers plus someone from the HR.
    I have been introduced in the company in a very professional way. They went straight to the point.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delphi in October 2014.

I applied through the university and online. They contacted me and asked for an on campus interview the next day, I said it wouldn't work so we did a phone interview. It was a little over 30 minutes, purely personality oriented. Talked about the resume and some personal stuff, really nothing too difficult. They contacted me over a month later saying I was one of three still being considered and then the offer two weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • I am a senior and have only had one internship, they asked why.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Delphi in October 2014.

Dropped my resume off at my school's career fair. A couple of weeks afterward I was contacted to set up a phone interview. The interview was conducted by one of their HR representatives and was very relaxed. He asked me to walk him through my resume and describe my thought process/actions in varying scenarios. All in all it was a very behaviorally based interview. The interviewer liked my enthusiasm and sense of humor, and a few weeks after that I was extended an offer.

My suggestion, be personable and talk while smiling.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were in a dysfunctional group and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Just didn't seem like my best option.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Delphi in November 2014.

Got an interview from UB TCIE.intructed to bring embedded C code . Called the corporate manager after arriving. Asked mainly technical questions. What language do I know etc

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Delphi.

It was an on-campus interview. Nothing specials on the questions. Some questions about personality, teamwork ability, leadership, and the ability to take on multi-tasks. Asked about leadership styles, why company.

Engineering Interview

Went to a campus recruitment event and had a scheduled phone interview with the recruiter. We went over my resume and asked me couple questions. It was a straightforward interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to work with someone who was a different nationality or cultural values.   Answer Question

Inventory Control Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Delphi in July 2010.

Initial communications were via phone. The process was very informal and friendly, the people were welcoming and truly wanted to get know me as a person. The process included an initial phone interview, followed by an in-person interview which was followed by a luncheon interview. While this was one of the hardest interview process I have been through, it was one of the best experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult or unexpected, but how they used the questions to discover who I was and not so much about my technical ability was very unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiation some aspects of the job offer. I recommend that you pay close attention and try to understand what aspects are open for negotiation and what aspects are not and be flexable.

Intern Interview

Applied through university, invited to on campus interview with 2 managers. Took half an hour. Second round interview is a week later and is on-site. Nothing unexpected. Behavioral questions and one technical question

Sales/Marketing Interview

My interview was professional and left me with a strong indication of how the company ran and what it would be like working there. As a result, I accepted the offer for the sales and marketing internship for the summer.