Delphi

2.7

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delphi in February 2013.

First was a simple phone interview. Then a presentation on my work experience and past work over the phone and remote desktop.After that a long-day interview with 6 people talking mostly about my work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Most of them were work related questions. Tough was on how to best perform road marker detection   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Delphi.

first round interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delphi in May 2012.

Just simply go over the resume, and courses that have taken

Global Supply Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Delphi in May 2011.

I submitted an application on Delphi's website, received a phone call to schedule an interview and conducted the interview at Delphi's World HQ in Troy, MI. It was a lengthy interview but it was very productive and insightful. The manager was professional and honest. I received an email within a day or two with a job offer from HR and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What have your past work experiences been related to the automotive industry?   Answer Question

Inventory Control Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Delphi in July 2010.

Initial communications were via phone. The process was very informal and friendly, the people were welcoming and truly wanted to get know me as a person. The process included an initial phone interview, followed by an in-person interview which was followed by a luncheon interview. While this was one of the hardest interview process I have been through, it was one of the best experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult or unexpected, but how they used the questions to discover who I was and not so much about my technical ability was very unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiation some aspects of the job offer. I recommend that you pay close attention and try to understand what aspects are open for negotiation and what aspects are not and be flexable.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delphi in February 2009.

Contract Engineer promotion

Initial offer accepted

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delphi in January 2009.

I was working as a Coop for 5 years and then was hired into the same department i did my Thesis work in.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Delphi in January 2009.

I worked for Delphi a number of times. The second time I was onsite for a couple years through a contractor. The third time I made a phone call to a former co-worker and got a phone call a couple days later saying I had a position waiting for me.

Interview Questions
    • The first time was off-site software verification, and they just needed to know I was breathing. The second time I needed to know a particular processor no one had used before. The last time there weren't even any questions.   Answer Question
    I maxed out their range when I started.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Delphi in May 2008.

They were pleasant and all but as I interviewed I got the impression that, despite the ad wording, they were looking for someone with experience in the automotive industry and less for a fresh perspective and new ideas. The "not invented here", while not spoken, attitude was present.
    The panel concentrated questions more on specific applications rather than checking for skill level or ability to learn and grow with the company. Hindsight being 20/20, I'm glad I didn't get an offer.

Graduate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delphi in March 2008.

It was a 1:1 interview. I was asked questions regarding my school projects. Three people interviewed me. Some behavioral interview questions were asked. Later they took me for a tour of their office.

Then the HR manager did some basic interview. I had to fill out some forms. The HR manager said he would let me know the result of the interview in a week's time. I got the result on the 4th day after interview.

All the people who interviewed me were kind and considerate and made me feel comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project or experience which you consider would help you in this job   View Answer