Delphi Interview Questions

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Delphi in May 2008.

They were pleasant and all but as I interviewed I got the impression that, despite the ad wording, they were looking for someone with experience in the automotive industry and less for a fresh perspective and new ideas. The "not invented here", while not spoken, attitude was present.
    The panel concentrated questions more on specific applications rather than checking for skill level or ability to learn and grow with the company. Hindsight being 20/20, I'm glad I didn't get an offer.

Graduate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delphi in March 2008.

It was a 1:1 interview. I was asked questions regarding my school projects. Three people interviewed me. Some behavioral interview questions were asked. Later they took me for a tour of their office.

Then the HR manager did some basic interview. I had to fill out some forms. The HR manager said he would let me know the result of the interview in a week's time. I got the result on the 4th day after interview.

All the people who interviewed me were kind and considerate and made me feel comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project or experience which you consider would help you in this job   View Answer

Staffing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Delphi in February 2008.

I was applying for another positions but the Manager thought I was better suited for this postion. I I reviewed the description and felt this way as well. I was really impressed that they were looking to make us both happy if they decided to move forward with me. I interviwed over the phone and later in person. Both went really well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Delphi in March 2007.

Had 1 interview with 2 managers. General experience questions.

Interview Questions
    • Do you plan on working in management during your career?   Answer Question

Graduate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Delphi.

I have been called for an Delphi's recruitment day after applying for a position as Graduate Systems Engineer online. Once there we performed several tests, such as mechanical, maths and language, and we were interviewed. Everything run very well in a relaxed environment, being everyone nice. We had a visit around the factory where we could see the type of equipment and processes are used.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any question difficult, being related essentially with my previous academic and work experiences.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Delphi in May 2014.

Long process but very professional. Interviewed by 2 managers plus someone from the HR.
    I have been introduced in the company in a very professional way. They went straight to the point.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Delphi.

Very slow interview set up- it took 3 weeks to set an interview and then till the last 12 hrs the location and the arrangement were confirmed. Very chaotic-the interview was interrupted 4 times, the interviewers weren't prepared. I was interviewed on the different site - not even in the country when I was supposed to relocated for the job.

Internship - Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas (Mexico)

interviewed at Delphi in September 2013.

The hiring manager wanted me to explain how organized I was with my past projects, how I handled them, my team work experience and my qualifications based on my education

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)
    Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Delphi.

I came across a job announcement online. After a phone interview with head of the systems group I've been invited to a panel one. I arrived to the new Delphi offices in Kraków to weeks later. Firstly i had a one hour technical questioning with people from department, which I have been applying too. Questions ranged from easy ones regarding basic electronic circuits to those of moderate difficulty (e.g. regarding methods of PID synthesis). It seemed to me that one guy asking these questions, where not fully knowledgeable. When the first part was over, I had a standard conversation with a lady from HR department. After 2 weeks a got a negative response. Probably because I don't have 5+ years of experience (they should realise by now that finding experienced control engineer with background in automotive in Poland is not easy) or because they can't afford my enthusiasm.

Interview Questions
    • A task of resolving system behaviour from a written description of system functions pioritisation. Not hard one, but surprising.   Answer Question

Placement Engineering Role Interview

Initial telephone interview which entails details about yourself and basic competence questions. second stage is a face to face interview where fundamental engineering knowledge will be tested.