Delphi Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Delphi.

Interview

first round interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Delphi (Auburn Hills, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Just simply go over the resume, and courses that have taken

General Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delphi (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Was recruited and offered a job after winning a National Junior Achievement purchasing manager competition. Interview was about 1/2 hour. Complete physical was required. Very professional. Basic questions about past job history. Were interested in employees with a record of on-time, not missing any days, and interested in manual dexterity. Dexterity test was part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are my plans for college.   1 Answer

Global Supply Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Delphi (Troy, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted an application on Delphi's website, received a phone call to schedule an interview and conducted the interview at Delphi's World HQ in Troy, MI. It was a lengthy interview but it was very productive and insightful. The manager was professional and honest. I received an email within a day or two with a job offer from HR and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What have your past work experiences been related to the automotive industry?   Answer Question

Inventory Control Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Delphi in July 2010.

Interview

Initial communications were via phone. The process was very informal and friendly, the people were welcoming and truly wanted to get know me as a person. The process included an initial phone interview, followed by an in-person interview which was followed by a luncheon interview. While this was one of the hardest interview process I have been through, it was one of the best experiences.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult or unexpected, but how they used the questions to discover who I was and not so much about my technical ability was very unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiation some aspects of the job offer. I recommend that you pay close attention and try to understand what aspects are open for negotiation and what aspects are not and be flexable.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Delphi (Dayton, OH) in February 2009.

Interview

Contract Engineer promotion

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initial offer accepted

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Delphi (Kokomo, IN) in January 2009.

Interview

I worked for Delphi a number of times. The second time I was onsite for a couple years through a contractor. The third time I made a phone call to a former co-worker and got a phone call a couple days later saying I had a position waiting for me.

Interview Questions

• The first time was off-site software verification, and they just needed to know I was breathing. The second time I needed to know a particular processor no one had used before. The last time there weren't even any questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I maxed out their range when I started.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delphi (Rochester, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

I was working as a Coop for 5 years and then was hired into the same department i did my Thesis work in.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Delphi (Saginaw, MI) in May 2008.

Interview

They were pleasant and all but as I interviewed I got the impression that, despite the ad wording, they were looking for someone with experience in the automotive industry and less for a fresh perspective and new ideas. The "not invented here", while not spoken, attitude was present. The panel concentrated questions more on specific applications rather than checking for skill level or ability to learn and grow with the company. Hindsight being 20/20, I'm glad I didn't get an offer.

Graduate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Delphi (Lockport, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview. I was asked questions regarding my school projects. Three people interviewed me. Some behavioral interview questions were asked. Later they took me for a tour of their office. Then the HR manager did some basic interview. I had to fill out some forms. The HR manager said he would let me know the result of the interview in a week's time. I got the result on the 4th day after interview. All the people who interviewed me were kind and considerate and made me feel comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project or experience which you consider would help you in this job   1 Answer