Delphi Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.7

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Delphi in April 2012.

I received a call from my supervisor and talked with her for an hour and a half about the job position. The interview was very casual with basic conversation which was engineering based. I spoke mainly about previous experiences with past employers.

I was then called back for a 1 on 1 interview. This was with the chief engineer and once again the conversation was engineering based with more emphasis on fuel injection applications.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in the past when you have been delayed by a factor out of your control, What did you do to complete your task?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delphi in January 2012.

very simple and quick, good to understand some software. i have a matlab experience and that really help me to get the chance to have internship at delphi.

they also like to have intern student who has a meaningful school project. It shows that you are able to work with various people in school.

International Rotational Program Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Delphi in October 2011.

Spent a lot of time in contact with the interviewer and actually got to know him very well. He was incredibly nice but was a little misleading when it came to getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of background, resume, interest questions. Why do you want to work for Delphi? What makes you qualified for the position? etc.   Answer Question

Global Financial Management Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delphi in September 2011.

Very conversational behavioral interview

Maintenance Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Delphi in July 2011.

It was mainly a technical interview. Both the time they a asked technical questions. Only some simple english and mechanical and mathematics test.

Cost Intern Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delphi in May 2011.

Applied online on their website.
    Phone Interview with Hiring Manager. Asked about your educational and working experience, financial and accounting knowledge, why this company, why this position.
    Onsite, three 3:1 interview, total three hours. Go through your resume, case study questions, behavior questions.
    A week later, HR contacted, Drug test, Background Check.
    The whole process was very enjoyable, no hard questions.

Marketing and Communications Internship Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delphi in April 2011.

I had a one on one interview and then a background check, drug test and credit check. The interview process was very positive and I was asked to provide a writing sample. They got back to very quickly their offer and the whole process only took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate the offer.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pudong, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delphi in April 2011.

Face to face interview in the company as below process.
    1. Complete a paper about translation EN/CN and CN/EN in 0.5 hour.
    2. Interview with function manger about experience and technical in 1 hour.
    3. Interview with HR about some common questions in 0.5 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Could you let me know what's your role in the current company?   View Answer

Automation Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delphi in August 2010.

The interview took aproximately 30 min. There where basically common questions from different disciplines(robotics, PLC's, sensors and transducers). I was I my first interview after graduation, but in my opinion it was kind of a formal one(they needed personell so they hired everithing that moved).

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase, they offered a salary, and you could accept it or not.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Delphi in July 2010.

The first round is pure technical then followed by the manager round and then the HR round. After these three rounds the Staff engineer of the Sector meets you. The offer is received within 5 day of the whole process.