Delphi

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.7

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delphi.

got thru a reference who left the last employer and joined Delphi. the process was fairly straight forward and had to go thru three stages of interview. Immediate Boss, MD & then finally the HR round.

The overall process was fast and fair and positive

Interview Questions
    • How will you manage the site QS certification within 6 next months   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Phone call, and then two face to face interviews at the main office.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straightforward, there were no surprise questions other than what I would expect from the experience.   View Answer
    Letter or phone call to HR, typical back and forth.

Embedded-Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delphi in September 2012.

Written test, GD, Tech interview, HR for ECE,EEE,E & I students. Written test had easy questions on semiconductor devices, analog & digital electronics, microprocessors 8085,8086, basics of C, control systems, opamps.40 questions for 45 min. Cleared written test & GD. Eliminated in Tech round. was asked questions on digital electronics, microcontroller architectures, hardware design questions etc.

Interview Questions
    • nothing was entirely difficult, but the architectures question was unexpected..   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Written test, GD, Tech interview, HR . ECE,EEE & E & I students were eligible. Written test had very easy questions on Electron Devices, analog & digital electronics, microprocessors 8085,8086, basics of C, control systems, opamps.Totally 40 questions time: 45 min. Cleared written test & GD. Eliminated in Tech round.

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dudelange (Luxembourg)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dudelange (Luxembourg)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Delphi in June 2012.

Was lucky has happened to know of a friend who had an internship within the company. Apparently they had a huge lack of staff and thus were hiring interns right left and centre. My CV was emailed to HR and within a week or two they made me an offer... Seems it's always more who you know than what you know...

Interview Questions
    I was taken on as an intern hence no real negotation feasible....

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Delphi in May 2012.

Four rounds of interview

1. Technical interview with a panel of two Senior Engineers/ Team Lead
    2. Managerial round with the Project Manager
    3. Discussion with Senior Manager of the Business Unit
    4. HR round

Cons: Long wait time

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was able to negotiate

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Delphi in April 2012.

I received a call from my supervisor and talked with her for an hour and a half about the job position. The interview was very casual with basic conversation which was engineering based. I spoke mainly about previous experiences with past employers.

I was then called back for a 1 on 1 interview. This was with the chief engineer and once again the conversation was engineering based with more emphasis on fuel injection applications.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in the past when you have been delayed by a factor out of your control, What did you do to complete your task?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delphi in January 2012.

very simple and quick, good to understand some software. i have a matlab experience and that really help me to get the chance to have internship at delphi.

they also like to have intern student who has a meaningful school project. It shows that you are able to work with various people in school.

International Rotational Program Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Delphi in October 2011.

Spent a lot of time in contact with the interviewer and actually got to know him very well. He was incredibly nice but was a little misleading when it came to getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of background, resume, interest questions. Why do you want to work for Delphi? What makes you qualified for the position? etc.   Answer Question

Global Financial Management Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delphi in September 2011.

Very conversational behavioral interview