Delta Air Lines

Updated Nov 11, 2014

3.1

136 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Applied in early Oct. 2013

Got a call back first week in January 2014
    Was told I needed to have passport to proceed further did that.
    Got a second call back the following week and was asked 4 questions.

What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
    What to do if a child was asleep on the floor while the fasten seat belt sign is on?
    How would you handle a passenger in a situation where the food item they wanted was not available?
    How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
    A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
    How would you deal with a difficult customer... and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?

I got a call back the next day and was invited to a face to face interview for the following week.

About 60 of us met at 7:30 am in the lobby of delta facility.

*REMEMBER TO SMILE THE WHOLE WHILE AND INTERACT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN* Also please dress neat and business like do not wear a suit that is to tight have nails done and look sharp.

You go across the street to another building where you are met by about 20 experienced Delta Flight Attendants and a few HR people who line the walls of the room.
    You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! then led into a room where you will introduce yourself and tell if you speak another language and what work you are currently doing.

We were divided into three groups A, B, and C. I was in B group.

Each group had designated areas to go

-Watch video of life as a FA
    -Fire side chat where you ask questions have your picture taken and measure for over head reach and jumpseat fit.
    -Then the face to face interview

You will alternate to each area until everyone has had a chance to go to all areas
    remember to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action & Result) method when answering interview questions, always smile and be upbeat! These are some questions they may ask or questions simular to these. There are two interviewers in the room and the are writing the whole time you are talking. But don't be alarmed they are listening carefully.

Describe to me a time you overcame a problem at work? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

What do you do when a co-worker works at a slow pace?

How did you handle working with a co-worker you knew did not like you, how did you handle it?

What are some of your strengths? And worst faults?

Describe a conflict that you had with a manager, how did you handle it? How was it resolved?

If a co-worker was removing things from the aircraft would you confront them or tell management?

Why would you make a good Flight Attendant?

What do you know about the company?

Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary

After that they gather all the groups together in the meeting room and conclude the process by saying they will contact you via email to let you know if you are hired which they do do, however if there are candidates that have stood out they keep them behind and explain that they have additional information they need to get from these people. They called six names and I was one of the six asked to stay behind.
    We were offered the job and whisked away to HR to complete some paperwork.
    Fingerprints done and given a training date.

It is now Feburary 2014 and I have a week and a half to go before I begin training in March and I am super excited! I hope this info helps you as it did me when I researched the Delta interview process and as you can see it worked. I am hope this can help you as it has helped me to be 100% prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary   View Answers (73)
    None I excepted all terms and conditions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines.

I applied the first week of September, received an invite for a digital interview on September 11th, and received an in person interview invitation on September 25th (Which took place the first week of October)
    Face to Face Interview
    Upon arrival, there were plenty of flight attendants to greet you. The primary speaker who relayed instructions and insight for our upcoming experience was personable however I can’t say the same for the remainder of the staff present. It came off very "forced" in my opinion and the energy was very "sheep herding". I felt as if I was pledging for a sorority.
    Ensure that you have your application printed, the required documentation indicated on the initial email for the invite as in addition to your social security card. They did not indicate a social was required outside of your passport and ID but were seemingly disappointed in those who did not have it.
    After providing all documentation into a clear folder provided, they set aside the luggage for those that traveled and ushered us into a room where there incorporated a brief dance number to oddly low volume "Happy" by Pharrel. From there they assigned us group letters A, B, or C. I was in group C. My group had a "get to know Delta" session first, jump seat fitting/"undercover interview second (further explanation soon) and the two on one interview last.
    Part 1: During the get to know Delta, the male flight attendant was entertaining overall and managed to make everyone feel at ease. There was what some may have felt to be light hearted humor but potential professionally inappropriate comments made about his excitement for his seniority boost with the newly hired FA’s. He made it a point to inform us not to get our hopes up for international trips early on in our FA career since seniority usually gets 'first dibs' and he looked forward to our in flight training so he can sit back and watch us work.
    We were asked to individually introduce ourselves to the group by telling our name, languages we speak, previous/current line of work and the last bit I can't remember.
    Part 2: We sat in a group and interacted with another male Flight Attendant who essentially piggy backed off the previous delta information session. In the meantime each member of the group was called one at a time to be fitted for the jump seat and their photo was taken. When I returned from getting fitted a bowl was passed around filled with cards with random questions He selected random people to answer the questions and HR maneuvered their way to the rear of the room to observe the answers...so take it as an interview question.
    At the tail end one of the interviewees asked the Flight attendant aside from the flight benefits, what would he say he most appreciated about working for the company for more than 20+ years? The flight attendants response, "well what do you think?" I recall his response being really awkward and underlying combative. This is just an example of the ongoing tone of the environment. Just odd....
    Part 3: The face to face interview was conducted (I use that term loosely) by a member of HR, in my case a woman and a Flight attendant (a woman also). You would have thought the Flight Attendant was the HR Representative. She constantly cut the woman off mid question during the interview and it created a very awkward setting.
    The HR rep asked me three questions. They are very by the book with the STAR format. They indicated they had not reviewed any of my employment background so they have no clue about my work history. They asked me very work specific questions verbatim to digital interview and in the STAR method. Both wrote down my answers as I gave them on a worksheet. The flight attendant seemed to have difficulty taking note of my answers while simultaneously listening to the point that her follow up questions had been answered already and the HR lady felt the need to bring her up to speed at some point during the interview.
    When the time came for the flight attendant to ask her questions, the same follow up questions came to follow. At one point they were so redundant, I questioned whether I was answering her sufficiently. Out of concern (because clearly I wanted to ensure this went smoothly for what really is my dream job) I asked "Did I answer your question ok?" Her response was shocking, "Yes and if you didn't then I would certainly as you another question, now wouldn't I?". Off putting much?
    At that point, I knew this work environment was not the proper fit for me. There were an abnormal amount of odd personalities. I'd say out of the 50 people there, about 8 were chosen. I know a number of flight attendants from many different airlines who initially warned me about the experience they had with Delta in their interview process but I had no idea!
    So to those who are in the process, best of luck!!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a colleague or coworker tried to get you to break the rules.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2014.

The hiring process took about 5 weeks.

I submitted the application online and did the online evaluation at the same time. The test consist of 100 multiple choice questions.

About two weeks later, I got an email to do an initial video interview. In this interview they ask you six question related to past work experience. All are situational, such as how would you and how did you handle? I won't give specific question because I was told not to discuss them and at the end of the day they are all different from person to person.

About a week later I did a second video interview in spanish. This will only happen if your applying for bilingual positions. The second interview is based on your given languages.

About a week later I completed a phone interview in which they confirm information I have already provided and go through some things you should expect.

I attended a face to face interview in Atlanta on Nov 5th, 2014. This is a great experience. Please view it as such. The statistics show that it is an 84% chance you will not get selected. I won't give specifics on the face to face because it is a very nice showing which I think each of us should experience first hand. I will say if you do your research it's pretty much what they say out their.

Finally remember that at the end they tell you, they will contact you within 12 days to let you know the outcome. Their is less than 10% of a chance you will get a positive call or email if you are not selected on the day you do your face to face. However hope till the end. 10% is better than 0%.

If you don't get it, remember it's a learning experience. View it and use it as such. Don't give up and try again.

For now I have no job offer. I will keep trying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2014.

I apply on Sept 3, 2014. I just did my online interview. Can any please tell me is there a good chance of hearing I'll get a F2F interview..

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time where you have had some one who was difficult to work with and how did you deal with it and what action did you take   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2014.

It was a long process that lasted a few months. It's worth the wait tho. I got the initial email requiring me to do an online video interview. You get 30 seconds to prepare and answer the video. Just be yourself. A few weeks later I got the phone interview. It was short and the lady I spoke to was very sweet. I got invited to go to Atlanta do a f2f interview. It was a very long day of smiling and answering questions. Be on time and dress in business formal. Youre being watched the moment you walk into the building. It was a great day that was divided into three different sections. Your 2-1 interview, destination delta, fireside chat. Know a lot about the company and make sure to be friendly and talk to as many people as possible. After the day was over out of 65 people 8 of us got called to stay behind to finish filling our papers with hr. But really we got the job and asked to sign different documents. Very fun day overall. Good luck to everyone.

FA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2014.

Waited for a month, then did online video interview, waited nearly another month, for phone interview, then flown to Atlanta the following week for f2f. Overall, a good experience, but somewhat of a cattle call. I felt applicants could have been screened more accurately prior to being invited for f2f.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond your expected job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2014.

Applied online through school portal. received interview few weeks later regarding interview selection. Interview conducted within one week. Easy, mostly behavioral interview got asked some questions regarding my expereince with certain softwares.

Interview Questions
    • My exeprience with certain lesser known MS applications such as Visio and Projects and as well as AutoCAD for a non technical position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2014.

I applied Sept. 2014. Got an email The next day after completing the application for an invite to do that one line interview. It took a little over a month to be notified of anything. I actually emailed and got an email back saying "it appears that everything is on track with your process. We will contact you if we need to", but later that day I got information about expecting a phone call. I scheduled my interview for face to face. The interview process is very relaxed and the company is very friendly. You go in with about 50 or so people that are broken up into three groups. You go in to three different sections. (fireside chat, question-and-answer, interview) after that, everyone is seated and they call a few names to be healed. Those that are held are hired

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had a new reasonable expectations and what happened?   View Answer
    • name a time when something didn't go as planned and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2014.

After reading all the blog post and reviews on the interviews I feel you can really freak yourself out...and honestly the key is not to.
    Go in positive outgoing and be yourself, know that if it is supposed to happen it will and if not you can always go back. Remember to just practice the STAR method and maybe just have a few stories in mind, but don't overthink it. When you tell the interviewer the stories say The Situation was.... And my Task was... And the Action was...and the Result was....
    You get it, that way you break down each section they were looking for.
    Besides that just be yourself, be calm, and know you did amazing by just getting to the f2f.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2014.

Very intense but it was a joy a company who really cares about customer service and can't wait for training 2k15 just stay on your toes dress professional interact with as many people as you can listen and never but in just be patient

None