Delta Air Lines Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.1

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Applied in early Oct. 2013

Got a call back first week in January 2014
    Was told I needed to have passport to proceed further did that.
    Got a second call back the following week and was asked 4 questions.

What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
    What to do if a child was asleep on the floor while the fasten seat belt sign is on?
    How would you handle a passenger in a situation where the food item they wanted was not available?
    How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
    A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
    How would you deal with a difficult customer... and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?

I got a call back the next day and was invited to a face to face interview for the following week.

About 60 of us met at 7:30 am in the lobby of delta facility.

*REMEMBER TO SMILE THE WHOLE WHILE AND INTERACT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN* Also please dress neat and business like do not wear a suit that is to tight have nails done and look sharp.

You go across the street to another building where you are met by about 20 experienced Delta Flight Attendants and a few HR people who line the walls of the room.
    You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! then led into a room where you will introduce yourself and tell if you speak another language and what work you are currently doing.

We were divided into three groups A, B, and C. I was in B group.

Each group had designated areas to go

-Watch video of life as a FA
    -Fire side chat where you ask questions have your picture taken and measure for over head reach and jumpseat fit.
    -Then the face to face interview

You will alternate to each area until everyone has had a chance to go to all areas
    remember to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action & Result) method when answering interview questions, always smile and be upbeat! These are some questions they may ask or questions simular to these. There are two interviewers in the room and the are writing the whole time you are talking. But don't be alarmed they are listening carefully.

Describe to me a time you overcame a problem at work? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

What do you do when a co-worker works at a slow pace?

How did you handle working with a co-worker you knew did not like you, how did you handle it?

What are some of your strengths? And worst faults?

Describe a conflict that you had with a manager, how did you handle it? How was it resolved?

If a co-worker was removing things from the aircraft would you confront them or tell management?

Why would you make a good Flight Attendant?

What do you know about the company?

Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary

After that they gather all the groups together in the meeting room and conclude the process by saying they will contact you via email to let you know if you are hired which they do do, however if there are candidates that have stood out they keep them behind and explain that they have additional information they need to get from these people. They called six names and I was one of the six asked to stay behind.
    We were offered the job and whisked away to HR to complete some paperwork.
    Fingerprints done and given a training date.

It is now Feburary 2014 and I have a week and a half to go before I begin training in March and I am super excited! I hope this info helps you as it did me when I researched the Delta interview process and as you can see it worked. I am hope this can help you as it has helped me to be 100% prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary   View Answers (54)
    None I excepted all terms and conditions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2014.

Applied online beginning Mar. 2014, then had telephone interview on Mar 31st. Call came late in evening and even though I thought interview was ok I knew when the lady was saying good bye that I was unsuccessful because she was so formal in the way she said it.

Interview Questions
    • What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
      How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
      A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
        Answer Question

FAA Radio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in May 2010.

was an inside interview as in I was an existing employee. I saw the add on staff open positions and sent my interest via that process. This was not advertised to the public at this stage, however when I joined the department I found that there were staff who were friends of the manager with no airline training and I was training and were started on a higher salary than me as I came from the airport.

Interview Questions
    • do you think the aircraft will understand your accent? Strange as the person asking the question and all of the existing staff had thick Georgia southern accents. Can you start in 2 days time? even though your a single parent of a young child and live 16 hours drive away.   View Answer
    terrible, staff were frustrated, there was no chance of promotion. The atmosphere was claustrophobic, management had no knowledge or interest of any other part of the airline and made it quite clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2014.

I apply on Sept 3, 2014. I just did my online interview. Can any please tell me is there a good chance of hearing I'll get a F2F interview..

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time where you have had some one who was difficult to work with and how did you deal with it and what action did you take   Answer Question

Baggage Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in July 2014.

I put in an aplication early so to be on top of the pile and I's say that if you're looking for some temp work in the summer put one in around march.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about the bad things of about their work environment and I said that "No Work Environment is Perfect".   Answer Question

Corporate Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in June 2014.

Met with initial recruiter for phone interview after submitting my resume for a corporate level position. I had applied to the position from a job posting. I was called about 3 weeks later. After interviewing me, recruiter requested samples of my professional work and then told me I would be interviewing next with the Hiring Manager. Stay tuned! Great Company and I would love to work for them. Awesome brand!!!

Interview Questions
    • This interview included skill screening questions, location, range of pay.   Answer Question

Baggage Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in June 2012.

Standard interview process with standard questions about previous experience and willingness to work with others and on pressure packed schedules. I like Delta but took a job with Southwest instead and am very happy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a co-worker did not seem to be carrying their fair share of the work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in July 2014.

Applied on Delta Official website. Called by a HR Lady. It took less than 2 weeks. Interviewed by two men at the same time. Two quizzes after the interview was not told before. No any information after 4 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in May 2014.

I applied to Delta online and received a call from a recruiter less than 2 weeks later. I then was scheduled for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview consisted of 3-4 behavior based questions. Such as, What would you do if a woman had an infant sleeping at the base of her seat, we were experiencing turbulence, and she did not want to wake the child...After the phone interview, I received a call prompting me to send in a video of myself answering 3 questions. The first is a freebie..(What is your name and application id) The second, (Why do you want to work for Delta) and The third ( what value would you bring to the company)..After I submitted my video interview I was invited to fly into Atlanta for a face to face interview.
    The F2F is split up into three sections. Your interview with a 2 interviewers,, a session called A Day in the Life, which just explains training, bases, schedules, etc, and your reach test where you have to show that you can reach up to a certain height and you have to sit in a simulated jump seat so they can make sure you can buckle the jumps eat seatbelt without an extension. It's really a fun day!

Interview Questions
    • During the F2F interview in Atlanta, I was asked to give an impromptu speech acknowledging a group of red cross volunteers flying to New Jersey after the Sandy hurricane.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Delta Air Lines in February 2014.

Applied online October 2013, got a phone interview January 2014. Scheduled face to face interview for 2 weeks later. The interview lasted 5 hours. You are divided into groups(there are about 100 people at the interview) and each group goes to different stations and you rotate throughout the day. No food is provided, just snacks so please eat something before. Make sure you smile and do not sit down at all the entire day. Make sure your hair, nails, facial hair, clothes, everything is neat and professional. Make sure you talk with everyone! And smile! Interview is with a flight attendant and a member of HR. You will be asked easy questions and asked to make an announcement during your interview(make sure you are professional as if you are a flight attendant). At the end of the day everyone is called into a room and they call about 6 names and ask them to stay after for paperwork, Those are the people that are selected.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just the announcement made me nervous.   Answer Question

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!