Delta Air Lines

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. After 6 weeks of waiting had an interview using the star process with two people, the station manager and a supervisor. Interview lasted 15 minutes. It was pretty friendly and a nice atmosphere.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you had conflict with a coworker, situation, task, action and result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy but informative. Interview took almost an hour discussing my qualifications and what I had to offer. Then, I was sent to Training Room for testing. After the tests, we met again to discuss hours, pay, and benefits.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in Five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They were firm on pay and benefits. Hours were negotiable at first.

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview is situation based (i.e. if you were put in this situation what would you do). Easy interview for the most part, just stress your customer service attitude and strong sense of motivation to help people

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - you start at a base salary and that increases with your years of service. You also bid for your work schedule, be prepared for early/late hours. Flexibility is there if you can find people to shift trade.

Customer Service Agent

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied and created an online profile 3 months ago. Today, I just received an email invitation to call a toll free number to move to the next step.

Interview Question – I read and researched as much possible about the company beforehand. And I will just have to answer the questions to the best that I can with reference to the past skills and experience that I have. Wish me luck!   View Answer

Customer Service Agent

I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting an online application, I was contacted by phone for a short interview. I was told that I passed the interview and my file would be passed on. An in person interview was arranged, which started about 30 minutes late. At the conclusion of the interview, I was allowed to ask any questions I had of the interviewer. The interview only lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Asked to give a example of using team work in my last job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied with in April/2013 and received a phone interview. I received an email 2 weeks later stating the position was filled. I reapplied in July/2013 and received a phone interview and was told that I would receive a call for a F2F if hiring manager was interested.

I received a call on 11/12/2013 and was scheduled a F2F and interviewed on 11/13/2013 and received a CJO. I completed my drug screen, fingerprinting, picture for my badge and agility test on the same day. I am now awaiting the green light from corporate in Atlanta so I can determine a start date. I am quite confident that my background and drug screen will clear since I recently retired from the city working with the police department and homeland security. I am looking forward to working for Delta!

Interview Question – The interview questions were not difficult at all. They were basic interview questions mostly related to customer service and previous experiences.   View Answers (2)

Customer Service Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – I applied online on 08/01/2013 & did an online assessment. About 2 weeks later, I was called for a phone interview. They asked how long I want to work for Delta and my Customer Service experience. Then I was told to keep an eye out for an email that will have details for a F2F interview. I received the email on 09/09/2013 & scheduled my interview for 09/17/2013. If they like you, they will ask you stay. I highly suggest you bring something to drink and some snacks. You will be there for a big part of the day filling out paperwork, fingerprints, customs picture, physical test, and then they send you to JFK for a drug test. They told me I would hear back from them in about 1 or 2 weeks once all background testing is cleared. They called me yesterday, 10/02/2013, and said I was approved for hiring and training starts on Monday! Very long process but thrilled I was hired by Delta!

Interview Question – What was the most dangerous situation I was ever in and what I did to handle it.
What was the most stressful situation I was ever in.
I also had to read something and pretend I was making an announcement.
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on and took the assessment the same day got a call back for the phone interview on 10 days later and passed! Waiting now for them to schedule a face to face interview! Haven't gotten the job YET.

Interview Question – None really the recruiter asked me how long i'd like to stay in the company, difficult situation i've ever dealt with, how would I provide good customer service!!! My best advice is to just relax and be yourself! I actually managed to make my recruiter laugh so I guess he enjoyed my personality :)   Answer Question

Greensboro, NC

I applied in-person and interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – I used to work for Mesaba Airlines which is Delta. I dropped off my resume to the manager and spoke to him face to face. Letting him know my situation. I loved the job and the interview. The training is very hard but once you understand the system it becomes easier. Everyone is there to be a friend and help out.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question sense I've already worked for the airlines.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got the process on line done, a week later got an e mail with a phone # to call and set a phone interview.
Called talked to a guy, he asked a lot of questions then said that I passed and he is moving my files to HR.
I asked about a phone interview and he answer that no he is moving me forward ?

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected just be ready with story's about your job.....   Answer Question

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!