Delta Air Lines

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round consisted of 30 minute interview with a current analyst. Questions were a mix of behavioral, technical, and problem solving. Second round consisted of a trip to the corporate headquarters for a lunch with several recent hires and two interviews with senior financial analysts and/or managers. Both interviews were 30 minutes and consisted of similar questions to the first round.

Interview Questions

• Delta is purchasing a new aircraft with a loan, how does the transaction affect the financial statements?   Answer Question
  • The airline is introducing a new food item. What should they consider? How would they go about pricing the new item?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2013.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume on campus , was given a face to face interview. Interviewer was nice and relatable . There were 3 case questions about different airline scenarios , prepare around this . Making spending decisions for a hub or when to spend even at a loss.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions research airline revenue structure.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2009.

Interview Details – I initially had an on-campus interview. The interviewer was really friendly and asked finance and behavioral questions. Make sure you understand your financial concepts to answer these questions. Behavioral questions were pretty standard.
I received a call the following day to schedule an on-site interview the next week in Atlanta. Headquarters are really nice and large. Everyone I met was really nice although my first interviewer was a little awkward. There are two 30 minute interviews back-to-back and that is all for Delta. They were extremely similar to the first-interview questions, just slightly more difficult in terms of finance questions.

Make sure you know a ton about Delta. I was really busy with other interviews and a competition the weekend before this interview so I just didn't have the time to really research Delta and know everything there is about the company. I felt that this really hurt me. Know what differentiates Delta from the other airlines. Know the Northwest merger. Know Delta's history. Know about its unique culture. Also, it may be helpful to research Atlanta/have visited before if possible. They're not the kind of company that will hire really great people who don't really, really want to work for Delta. They want to know that you are extremely interested in working for them in particular.

Finance Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – Applied through school. First interview was on campus. Half behavior, half technical about accounting concepts. Make sure to study the airline industry and know what cost and revenue factors are. Second round was at the headquarter.

Interview Question – What factors would you consider if opening a new network?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Finance Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in February 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. It consisted of a few questions about my background and resume, as well as a few accounting and economics questions. The interviewers were very friendly and helped me feel at ease. At the end, they allowed me to ask several questions and their answers seemed genuine and insightful.

Interview Questions

• Explain why airlines have recently started charging for checked bags and drinks/food on board.   Answer Question
  • How does leasing vs. buying a plane show up on an income statement and balance sheet.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was 5 finance and accounting related questions.

Interview Question – What is the accounting entry for receiving and serving food in October and not getting billed for the food until November?   View Answer

Finance Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2010.

Interview Details – Formal interview with behavioral and technical questions. Sort of like a short case interview. Know basic accounting concepts and formulas.

Interview Question – Compute the profit margin given fixed and variable costs   View Answer

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!