Delta Air Lines

Average Difficulty
133 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in early Oct. 2013

Got a call back first week in January 2014
Was told I needed to have passport to proceed further did that.
Got a second call back the following week and was asked 4 questions.

What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
What to do if a child was asleep on the floor while the fasten seat belt sign is on?
How would you handle a passenger in a situation where the food item they wanted was not available?
How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
How would you deal with a difficult customer... and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?

I got a call back the next day and was invited to a face to face interview for the following week.

About 60 of us met at 7:30 am in the lobby of delta facility.

*REMEMBER TO SMILE THE WHOLE WHILE AND INTERACT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN* Also please dress neat and business like do not wear a suit that is to tight have nails done and look sharp.

You go across the street to another building where you are met by about 20 experienced Delta Flight Attendants and a few HR people who line the walls of the room.
You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! then led into a room where you will introduce yourself and tell if you speak another language and what work you are currently doing.

We were divided into three groups A, B, and C. I was in B group.

Each group had designated areas to go

-Watch video of life as a FA
-Fire side chat where you ask questions have your picture taken and measure for over head reach and jumpseat fit.
-Then the face to face interview

You will alternate to each area until everyone has had a chance to go to all areas
remember to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action & Result) method when answering interview questions, always smile and be upbeat! These are some questions they may ask or questions simular to these. There are two interviewers in the room and the are writing the whole time you are talking. But don't be alarmed they are listening carefully.

Describe to me a time you overcame a problem at work? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

What do you do when a co-worker works at a slow pace?

How did you handle working with a co-worker you knew did not like you, how did you handle it?

What are some of your strengths? And worst faults?

Describe a conflict that you had with a manager, how did you handle it? How was it resolved?

If a co-worker was removing things from the aircraft would you confront them or tell management?

Why would you make a good Flight Attendant?

What do you know about the company?

Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary

After that they gather all the groups together in the meeting room and conclude the process by saying they will contact you via email to let you know if you are hired which they do do, however if there are candidates that have stood out they keep them behind and explain that they have additional information they need to get from these people. They called six names and I was one of the six asked to stay behind.
We were offered the job and whisked away to HR to complete some paperwork.
Fingerprints done and given a training date.

It is now Feburary 2014 and I have a week and a half to go before I begin training in March and I am super excited! I hope this info helps you as it did me when I researched the Delta interview process and as you can see it worked. I am hope this can help you as it has helped me to be 100% prepared.

Interview Question – Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary   View Answers (35)

Negotiation Details – None I excepted all terms and conditions.

Flight Attendant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – I applied for flight attendant in March 2014 via employee referral. I was contacted and had a telephone interview. I was invited to do video interview. Completed. Invited to f2f.

Interview Question – I was asked Two times you caught a coworker being dishonest and what did you do. I was not able to come up with any answer to this. I did state if someone was taking from Delta, I would advise them that is not the right thing to do.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very nice and straight forward. There were about 30 interviewees. All looked nice and professional and all but 3 were on time. You walk into the building and you see a couple well-dressed, good looking Flight Attendants and about 30 (nervous) interviewees. They give you a name tag and a folder to so you can put all the needed identification in there. Then you go across the street to a big room where there is drinks, places to sit and many more flight attendants. You get a chance to meet many of them. You are broken into different groups and you do different things at different times. One group watches a video on Delta, another does a "fireside chat" where you can ask questions, and the last group does one on one interview questions. It was a nice, organized process. Also, the Flight Attendants and HR sang to the song "Happy" by Pharrell, that was nice haha.

Interview Question – Tell somebody happy birthday on the flight and don't sing   Answer Question

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was asked about a time when I persuaced others to do something new, a time when a coworker was being unfair or dishonest, how would you deal with a difficult customer, when you had a difficult situation to resolve. Almost it was similar queation that I saw the other's review.

Interview Question – I am not a English native speaker so some recruter spoke so fast so I couldn't understand.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews, a video interview and then a f2f interview in Atlanta. The process of interviews only took 3 weeks. I applied on the website and I got a phone call the next day. I was overall pleased. They made everybody feel comfortable at the f2f interview. There were about 80 of us in my 12:30 interview and they picked 8 of us. I just got my email confirming my training starting September 24th, 2014.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – There are close to 60 people in the interview making it very difficult to stand out. The only chance you have to impress is during your one on one. They keep it upbeat and friendly, but don't expect them to notice you unless you really stick out.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you got bored at work.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied March 2014

Phone interview a week later
 They called me at 9:30 AM from a 00 number. You're required to have a passport before you can start the process. Then I was asked 4 situational questions and make sure you answer in the STAR method!!

What do you do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
 A child is asleep on the floor and the seatbelt sign is on. What do you do?
 A food item is not available for a customer and they want it. What do you do?
 A child running down the isle and causing a disturbance. How do you handle the situation?

I was then asked if I was willing to continue onto the next process of the interview where I was asked 4 more questions. Again, don't forget the STAR method!!

A time you went above and beyond for a guest.
A time you persuaded someone to try something new
Two times you caught a coworker being dishonest and what did you do
A time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it. What was the outcome?

Video interview 3 weeks later
  I received an intive for a video interview. It is a one-way recorded interview with 3 questions:

State your name and reference number
Why do you want to be a flight attendant for Delta?
Why are you a good representative of Delta Air Lines?

You are able to rerecord your answers as many times as you want and come back if you need a break. Take your time and think about what you want to say.

It took 3 weeks for me to hear anything after I submitted it and got the email saying I was invited to a F2F in Atlanta!
My group was small (only 24 of us) met in the lobby at 12:30.

We were greeted by a current FA and had a small Q&A about what to expect and divided into 3 groups (A,B, & C). I was in group A. We were then walked across the street in groups of 8 (purely because thats all that fit in the elevator).

You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! They sang Happy and had a little dance to go with it! It was fun and rally helped keep the mood light.

We were given more information and then told where each group was going. My group was in the 2:1 interview first. One FA and an HR rep. I was asked 6 questions and then created a PA announcement just so they can hear how you sound (or at least that's what they told me). The questions were:
   Tell us of a time there was a problem at work and the manager was not there? What happened and what did you do?
   Tell us of a time that you took the initiative at work to make something better? what did you do? What was the outcome?

Create a PA Announcement for some volunteers flying to NY to help with the Hurricane Sandy relief.

The interview lasted 30 mins. I was nervous but was smiling the entire time and showed my excitement. They understand you're going to be but just be yourself and smile! The next rotation was Destination Delta where they tell you more about the job, training and benefits. This is when you do your introductions with your name, where you're from, if you speak any languages and what you are currently doing. REMEMBER TO SMILE!!!! And be audible!
 You also go over any questions you may have about training or the scheduling and how A days work.

The last rotation was the fireside chat where you do your reach test, jump seat test, and get your picture taken with a lovely southern women you want to put in your pocket! During the chat, you can ask whatever you want to a current FA. You also go over paper work with some HR reps and make sure your paperwork is correct.

After everyone has gone through each rotation, we all gathered back in the main room. We were thanked for our time and told that we're all going into the room we had destination Delta in. We were then thanked again and we're told to not listen to the blogs snd we would hear something within 10 business days and they needed a few people to stay for a minute cause they had a couple questions they needed. I was one of the 4 names called. After everyone cleared we were congratulated because we were now new Delta FAs! We then had to fill out paperwork at HR and were told we would be contacted about when training would be!

Hope this helps! Good luck!!

Interview Question – Tell us of a time that you had to react quickly? what happened, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. I accepted the CJO and waiting for background check to clear.

Atlanta, GA

Interview Details – Applied online and then had follow up phone call. Phone interview with about five questions was completed. After getting past that, a video interview was completed before being offered a face to face. I did not get selected at the face to face.

Interview Question – Describe a time I was bored at work???? I didn't feel that a worker should be bored, that I should find something productive to do with my time.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2014.

Interview Details – I received a call from a Recruiter. He was very polite. He ask if I had a few minutes to answer some questions. I replied yes. I was not aware I was having an interview, until he asked about my passport and said he was not going to penalize me for that . He assured me that he would have my application on file and for me to call back. I called back two weeks later, on the spot telephone interview. Be prepare. I had already had been doing my homework so I was prepared. Then I received an email later that evening and was ask to reply to a face to face video within 3 days. I did just that. I was not expecting this type of video. The questions were very easy and I know I answered them well. It has been exactly a week since my interview. I called back twice. Both times they were very kind and professional. Just to be consider for this position is an honor. They have in one week over 22,000.00 applicants. I am concern that I haven't heard anything further. The last time I spoke to the Recruiting Office she said that they have to update my file and that I will receive a phone call or email for sure. It is a process. She was very kind. I am concern that most got a phone call to go to Atlanta immediately after the video interview. I haven't . Should I be worried. Is there anyone else that received a call back later not immediately? This job fits everything about me and I know I would enjoy working for Delta. I would make an excellent flight attendant. I just want to have the opportunity to go to Atlanta. Is there anyone else in my shoes?

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an Intoxicated person that becomes irate when he wants more alcohol?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online with resume. Then recieved an e-mail to take an assessment test which were all behavioral. Then received phone call for phone interview. Then video interview. Then flown to ATL for in person interview. Loved, loved the experience. Everything about being a flight attendent (the good and bad) was explained. Be SURE you are very familiar with the STAR method of interviewing. It seemed to me from who they selected that they are looking for very attractive, younger, think-on-your-feet employees. I also noticed that none of the candidates that were current flight attendents for other carriers were chosen. If you have the chance to get as far as the day in Atalnta be sure to go. It was fun!

Interview Question – None were too hard. Life experiences. Surpised I was never asked in the interview why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Delta Air Lines

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant interview questions and advice. All 133 interview reviews posted anonymously by Delta Air Lines employees and interview candidates.