Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.3

145 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Applied in early Oct. 2013

Got a call back first week in January 2014
Was told I needed to have passport to proceed further did that.
Got a second call back the following week and was asked 4 questions.

What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
What to do if a child was asleep on the floor while the fasten seat belt sign is on?
How would you handle a passenger in a situation where the food item they wanted was not available?
How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
How would you deal with a difficult customer... and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?

I got a call back the next day and was invited to a face to face interview for the following week.

About 60 of us met at 7:30 am in the lobby of delta facility.

*REMEMBER TO SMILE THE WHOLE WHILE AND INTERACT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN* Also please dress neat and business like do not wear a suit that is to tight have nails done and look sharp.

You go across the street to another building where you are met by about 20 experienced Delta Flight Attendants and a few HR people who line the walls of the room.
You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! then led into a room where you will introduce yourself and tell if you speak another language and what work you are currently doing.

We were divided into three groups A, B, and C. I was in B group.

Each group had designated areas to go

-Watch video of life as a FA
-Fire side chat where you ask questions have your picture taken and measure for over head reach and jumpseat fit.
-Then the face to face interview

You will alternate to each area until everyone has had a chance to go to all areas
remember to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action & Result) method when answering interview questions, always smile and be upbeat! These are some questions they may ask or questions simular to these. There are two interviewers in the room and the are writing the whole time you are talking. But don't be alarmed they are listening carefully.

Describe to me a time you overcame a problem at work? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

What do you do when a co-worker works at a slow pace?

How did you handle working with a co-worker you knew did not like you, how did you handle it?

What are some of your strengths? And worst faults?

Describe a conflict that you had with a manager, how did you handle it? How was it resolved?

If a co-worker was removing things from the aircraft would you confront them or tell management?

Why would you make a good Flight Attendant?

What do you know about the company?

Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary

After that they gather all the groups together in the meeting room and conclude the process by saying they will contact you via email to let you know if you are hired which they do do, however if there are candidates that have stood out they keep them behind and explain that they have additional information they need to get from these people. They called six names and I was one of the six asked to stay behind.
We were offered the job and whisked away to HR to complete some paperwork.
Fingerprints done and given a training date.

It is now Feburary 2014 and I have a week and a half to go before I begin training in March and I am super excited! I hope this info helps you as it did me when I researched the Delta interview process and as you can see it worked. I am hope this can help you as it has helped me to be 100% prepared.

Interview Questions
  • Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary   View Answers (52)
None I excepted all terms and conditions.

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2014.

I applied online and got an email 2 weeks later for a online interview. There were 4 questions. You get 30 seconds to think about it and 3 minutes to answer. They give you a few practice questions that you can record and review. You only get one try for the actual questions. This threw me off as there was a post that said you could re-record them. This is not true. I found it more difficult than a live interview because you can't make actual contact with a person per phone or f2f. I had to constantly keep reminding myself to look at the camera but I know my eyes kept wandering off.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you caught a co-worker being dishonest. What did you do and what was the outcome. Tell me a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who did not like you. What did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2014.

Applied online beginning Mar. 2014, then had telephone interview on Mar 31st. Call came late in evening and even though I thought interview was ok I knew when the lady was saying good bye that I was unsuccessful because she was so formal in the way she said it.

Interview Questions
    • What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
      How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
      A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
        Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Basically everything the other reviews say is true. The interview process is broke down as such: Two phone interviews. One Video Interview. One in person interview with a group of like 50 people and they are very selective. Good Luck

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2014.

I apply on Sept 3, 2014. I just did my online interview. Can any please tell me is there a good chance of hearing I'll get a F2F interview..

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time where you have had some one who was difficult to work with and how did you deal with it and what action did you take   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied about 2 weeks before I got an email stating that they wanted me to do a digital interview. I had 3 business days to complete it. The interview process was 5 questions- you had 10 seconds to think before you had to respond to each question and you had about 2.5 minutes for each answer, although you didn't have to use the entire time. The on- demand video thing made it a little awkard and I was probably more nervous than a face to face or phone interview. I have not heard back yet- I had the interview yesterday

Interview Questions
    • They asked when you had to deal with a dishonest coworker, what they did and what was the outcome. I really did not have an answer for this so it threw me off.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Very lengthy online application and psychological assessment. Next step is phone interview in two stages- first is basic questions and second is behavioral "tell me about a time" questions regarding past employment. Final step is invitation to group interview in Atlanta. It's an all-day, not-fun experience but you are advised to always be "on." Group interview starts out with a receiving line of 20 Flight Attendants you are expected to greet like royalty, a gospel sing-a-long welcoming you to your long day of sucking up, and three sessions. First is a group introduction and Q&A, second is photo and physical test, third is individual interview with two recruiters. You are expected to come up with stories on the spot to four or five different behavioral questions illustrating specific ways you handled situations in the past. If the questions don't apply to you, too bad, make something up. After all the scores are tabulated, four or five of the forty applicants are asked to stay.

Interview Questions
    • They insist on using STAR behavioral interview questions. Even if you know the format to answer in, it's difficult to think of actual things that have happened to you on the spot.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Everything I read on here about delta has been accurate. Phone interview then video interview then face to face. Now the face to face is not one on one. You are there with about 20 others in a room and you are observed like a lab rat then at the end they pick the younger applicants. So out of 40 they choose 6 or 7. I felt like they wasted my time because this "face to face" took all day from 9 to 5. I'm sure within 2 hours they knew who they wanted. Awful process! U can try for delta but don't put your hopes up. And when u arrive for face to face they tell u the blogs aren't true. I was there. The blogs were DEAD ON!!

Interview Questions
    • Make up an announcement that you would do over the pa   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Applied online October 2013, received a phone 2 months later and did a short interview over the phone. Received a email in January for a F2F interview.. the process took about 4 hours..very professional and the flight attendants encouraged us to ask them questions about the job to make sure it was a good fit for us and them.

Interview Questions
    • Just be sure to answer in the STAR format   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

I applied online on Monday, received an email on Tuesday advising that I have been chosen to move unto the next round of the application process. Tuesday night, I received an email from HireVue (online video interview website) advising that I had 3 business days to record my video interview. I just completed the video interview - they give you 30 seconds to prepare an answer, and allows you 2 minutes to state your answer to their questions. In total, there was 5 questions - they were basic interview questions - for example, name a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker? Name a time where you saw a co-worker doing unethical things, what did you do? I am not sure what the next step is after completing this video interview. I saw several people received a face to face before being asked to do a video interview...

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all basic in nature, not at all job specific.   Answer Question

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!