Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.3

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Just completed the digital interview. Fingers crossed. It was a total of 5 questions, make sure to dress for an interview and have good lighting. 30 seconds of prep time for to answer the questions. Use the Star method to answer all questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

This was my second time around. I got a face to face both times. I would LOVE to know what they are looking for. I'm college educated, have a great career track record, had an excellent referral, I am positive, have great interpersonal skills and I come from a healthcare background so I would be an asset in an emergency situation. Delta is the first job that I had ever applied to and didn't get hired... it is now my first and my second. However, after the first time of not making the team (that's how it felt anyway :) .. I applied and was hired for a delta connection airline. I knew that DELTA mainline was my goal but it gave me in-flight service experience as well as experiencing the day to day flexibility, changes and accountability that being a flight attendant entails. However, this time they still said NO.. I was heart broken. I did everything I could but it still, it wasn't enough. Some of the candidates that were picked stood without mingling and a few brought NO (id, app, passport). I will say however. BE YOURSELF... If they pick you then you know its a good fit and if they don't then maybe its not. Be careful of trying to use all of the tips you get online... I can assure you that the process is different for every person, and if you're being in-genuine' its sure to show... be yourself and answer in STAR.... :) God Bless!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were asked to do something that was against your morals. What was it? What did you do? What were the outcomes? Name a time you were asked to do an IMPOSSIBLE task.. what was the task? what did you do? what were the outcomes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

This will be my 4th time interviewing.. I will not give up.. I know that you have to be ready... prepared and focused. I know that Delta is looking for the best, dress nice professionally, guys be in a suit and tie... Bet your saying he has not gotten job.. and he is giving advise... that correct but am not selfish either... we should be there to support each other to make sure that someone gets the job... Being a former FA with Express Jet, Regional Carrier for Delta, makes you appreciate the chance to work for Delta main line... So now I am going over STAR questions, am preparing.. am Getting CJO this time.. keep me in prayers and will do Same.....

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with someone who was acting unprofessional   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

On May 31st, I received the referral email and I completed the application on line. I was sent a separate email stating I needed to complete an assessment which took about 15-20 minutes. Received an email from HireVue June 2nd to complete a digital interview. On June 25, I received an email from Delta thanking me for recording the digital interview and that I'd be receiving a phone call within the next week to 10 days between the hours of 9a-9p. I received the call on June 26th: she asked for my passport number and expiration date, gave me a little information about the company and invited me to a face to face. On June 29, got an email from FAscheduling asking me to choose a time/date for the face to face. I got my second choice, Monday, July 13th at 7:30am. On July 8th, I received an email containing driving instructions, badge for the day, and parking details. Day of the interview Monday, July 13th: You will meet in the lobby with other candidates, someone from HR will come down with clear folders asking you to place your passport, drivers license, and a copy of the application in it. Next, you all will go upstairs and will be placed in to groups A,B, and C. I was in Group A, so I had the face to face first with a Flight Attendant and someone from HR. Follow the STAR method for the 6 questions you will be asked and make sure they're all customer service related. Next, my group went to Destination Delta where they tell you where the bases are located, training (lasts 7 weeks), pay (starting pay is $23.28/hour & you max out at $53.52/hour), guaranteed 10 days off per month, probation is 6 months, expect to fly every weekend and holidays and a minimum of 6 on call days per month. Third, was fire side chat where you pick a blue card and read/answer the question on it. During the fire side chat, they will take 2-3 people to have their photos taken and to do the jump seat test and reach test. Of the 3 groups of about 15 people each, they chose 5 or 6 people for CJO: to me, they all looked young, like 25 or younger. None of two flight attendants in my group that worked for other airlines were chosen. Not sure what they were looking for that day but my recommendation is be yourself and if it's meant to be, your name will be called at the end of the day. If you're on the bus like myself, expect to receive a nice TBNT email in 7-10 days, just like they say you will.

Application

Interview

Still going through the process. Applied May 30th, completed my virtual interview on June 9th, received my Next Steps email on June 25. My face to face interview is scheduled for July 27th, 2015.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied with a referral at the beginning of June. About three weeks later I got a video interview invite. Got the "next steps" email about a week after submitting the video informing me that I would be receiving a phone call for a screening. I got the call on a Saturday morning. Be ready at all times! The call was short, she moved me along in the process. Two days later I received the email with potential face to face interview dates. I was told to put them in order of preference and send them back. The next day I received my interview day/time confirmation (my third pick). It was just over 2 weeks away. I got dropped off at the interview. More than 60 candidates all looking extremely sharp. Everyone was just as outgoing and friendly as the next. Be prepared for a very long day. Be engaged! The flight attendants and HR want to meet you just as bad as you want to meet them. The Delta employees were the nicest, most genuine people I have ever met. Turn your nerves into determination and keep that smile on.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in July 2015.

Interview

I received an automated email asking that I take time to complete a video interview. It's not really an "interview". A video would ask questions and I had 30 seconds to respond

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you witnessed a coworker acting dishonestly, what did you do, what actions were taken?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines (Norfolk, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Delta on June 2nd to complete a virtual interview which was not hard. I felt I did better this time(my 2nd virtual interview). I completed the interview on June 4th and received an email confirming my interview has been submitted. Today is June 7th and its sunday, im still waiting to hear something. Hopefully I hear something on tomorrow. Some people are getting contacted within two days and some a week,so just because its taking longer than other, doesnt mean they did not pick you. Im sure they have thousands of interviews to view....WISH ME LUCK!!!!(Either way I will not give up)

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was neede to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Apply online with on Delta's career website. 2. Complete assessment to verify you are not a robot or a crazy person. (Eg. There are 48 hours in a day, True/False. If you are taking an assessment click True, True/False.) 3. Video interview with HireVue (This is the solo interview that they give you three business days to complete. You watch a video of the question, you get 30 seconds of preparation, and then two minutes to answer the question. There are a total of five questions.) 4. In-person interview in ATL (Have not made it this far, but that is what is next.)

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond. Use the STAR method.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you did something without direction. Use the STAR method.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with someone who was acting unprofessional. Use the STAR method.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when an employee was not completing his/her share of the workload. Use the STAR method.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

June 8th - Applied online and received email thanking me for applying. June 8th - Received email asking me to take the assessment online. June 10th - Received email asking me to take the digital interview. June 10th - Received email saying they received my digital submission. June 22nd - Received email stating someone will call to ask me a few question and to also have my passport ready. (Had to give them my passport ID number). Within next week or 10 days between the hours of 9am - 9pm. June 23rd - Received the call. And gave them my passport number. June 23rd - Received email inviting me to the F2F, and asked to pick a date and time. June 23rd - Received email congratulating me in getting this far in the application process. This email confirmed my scheduled F2F, which is on 7/9/15 @ 7:30am. June 29th - Logged into Delta's website. Says , "application under review"

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a choice you made to go above and Beyond, what was needed to satisfy a customer .   Answer Question
    • One thing they asked, was if I'm willing to relocate.   Answer Question