Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Applied in early Oct. 2013

Got a call back first week in January 2014
    Was told I needed to have passport to proceed further did that.
    Got a second call back the following week and was asked 4 questions.

What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
    What to do if a child was asleep on the floor while the fasten seat belt sign is on?
    How would you handle a passenger in a situation where the food item they wanted was not available?
    How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
    A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
    How would you deal with a difficult customer... and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?

I got a call back the next day and was invited to a face to face interview for the following week.

About 60 of us met at 7:30 am in the lobby of delta facility.

*REMEMBER TO SMILE THE WHOLE WHILE AND INTERACT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN* Also please dress neat and business like do not wear a suit that is to tight have nails done and look sharp.

You go across the street to another building where you are met by about 20 experienced Delta Flight Attendants and a few HR people who line the walls of the room.
    You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! then led into a room where you will introduce yourself and tell if you speak another language and what work you are currently doing.

We were divided into three groups A, B, and C. I was in B group.

Each group had designated areas to go

-Watch video of life as a FA
    -Fire side chat where you ask questions have your picture taken and measure for over head reach and jumpseat fit.
    -Then the face to face interview

You will alternate to each area until everyone has had a chance to go to all areas
    remember to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action & Result) method when answering interview questions, always smile and be upbeat! These are some questions they may ask or questions simular to these. There are two interviewers in the room and the are writing the whole time you are talking. But don't be alarmed they are listening carefully.

Describe to me a time you overcame a problem at work? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

What do you do when a co-worker works at a slow pace?

How did you handle working with a co-worker you knew did not like you, how did you handle it?

What are some of your strengths? And worst faults?

Describe a conflict that you had with a manager, how did you handle it? How was it resolved?

If a co-worker was removing things from the aircraft would you confront them or tell management?

Why would you make a good Flight Attendant?

What do you know about the company?

Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary

After that they gather all the groups together in the meeting room and conclude the process by saying they will contact you via email to let you know if you are hired which they do do, however if there are candidates that have stood out they keep them behind and explain that they have additional information they need to get from these people. They called six names and I was one of the six asked to stay behind.
    We were offered the job and whisked away to HR to complete some paperwork.
    Fingerprints done and given a training date.

It is now Feburary 2014 and I have a week and a half to go before I begin training in March and I am super excited! I hope this info helps you as it did me when I researched the Delta interview process and as you can see it worked. I am hope this can help you as it has helped me to be 100% prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary   View Answers (96)
    None I excepted all terms and conditions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2014.

Most of the reviews on here are fairly spot on. I finished the F2F today and was one of the 12 that were offered at the end of the day.

I flew to ATL from NYC and after we landed, I introduced myself to the first class FA from my flight. When I told her I was there for the F2F she lit up and was so sweet. I asked her for advice and she really said to just be yourself. Don't worry about messing up and do your best. She ended our convo by saying that by me showing interest and introducing myself, she was confident I would get hired. This gave me a lot of confidence.

I found myself fairly well prepared by pre writing up some of my scenarios. I didn't study them but thought that if I pre wrote them out the morning of, they would be fresh in my mind. I also gave a quick read through the Delta Wiki page for some background and history. This HELPED.

I don't need to go over the initial meet and greet because everyone repeats it. I was very friendly and always smiled but I never interrupted anyone and always waited for a chance to introduce myself. At some points I felt as if I couldn't break into any group convo's so I went to the refreshment bar so that I wasn't just standing there not doing anything. I'm not someone who likes to feel forced into fake hello's so I just did my thing and was genuinely nice and friendly to those that seemed open to receiving it. In that sense I don't think I stood out that much.

Since I was in group A I was one of the first to have my 2 on 1 interview. I have to say that it went great. My two Delta employees were very nice and made me very comfortable. They offered a note pad for me to take notes and even though I didn't think I needed, I used it only because they stressed that it was available. I wasn't afraid to ask them to repeat the scenarios and I did pause for a few moments to really gather my thoughts. By doing this, I believe it helped me achieve the STAR answers they were looking for. In my mind, I felt I was rushing through my stories and when I would finish I would ask if that was enough or if I covered everything on STAR. They really liked that I asked and stated that they would let me know if I had not covered enough. The 6 questions went by SO fast. At the end they asked if I had any questions. I told them that I felt weird because I knew I was suppose to be asking them questions, and that I thought about it the entire flight there but I could honestly not think of anything that I was super curious about. They actually gave me two questions to ask the FA's in case I had a chance further in the day. This really helped!

Fireside chat was great. I was able to give a great response on the history of Delta. I made it short and sweet and added a personal touch to it.

The rest has pretty much been explained.

Some final things to point out (and I'm not sure if this helped me get picked)
    but I did not wear Blue/Navy/or Red. I chose a grey suit with a lavender shirt. Nice black tie with black shoes, polished.

Don't be pushy, controversial, never slouch, always seem alert and listening and don't interrupt. I never tried to take attention away from anyone and although the FA's that are there constantly make fun of each other, I never tried to get in on their jokes. I notices a few of the candidates do so and it didn't seem to go over so well.

I also tried to listen to the candidates back stories (where they were from, their hobby's or current jobs) and later in the day spoke to those I felt I had a common experience to share with.

They chose 12 of us at the end of the day and I have to say that ALL of us were different.
    Two were current FA's for another airline
    and 1 guy currently worked for Delta in another position.
    I overhead people say that they were only picking young people but this is definitely not true.
    I think they want a certain person who stays calm, isn't showy, but can leave an impression.

Overall this was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. I've never felt so welcomed and happy to be apart of a group of people.

I actually teared up a bit while waiting for my flight home.

I'm so happy to have been picked and can't wait to receive my date for training!

Congrats to all those who have made it and to those who haven't keep trying! Thank you Delta!

Interview Questions
    • Don't ask the FA's about how much they travel or what cool places they have been. Ask them things like "Whats your most memorable flight experience." "How does your body adjust to being 30,000 feet in the air all the time. Do you start to feel different?" "How excited are you to be moving up in seniority after we are all hired?"   View Answers (8)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in December 2014.

I applied on the 5th of November and got an email immediately after telling me to complete an online assessment.The next time I heard from them was on the 17th informing me that they had selected me to move forward to the next step in the selection process, which is a recorded interview. I then got a third email on the same day, the 17th, containing a link to the video interview that needed to be completed within 3 days. I completed mine on the 19th and got a confirmation email thanking me. Be sure to keep this email saved.
    I received a fourth email on the 26th at 10am informing me to keep my passport handy as they would be contacting me in the next week to 10 days between 9am and 9pm then they called me on the same day, the 26th, from an unknown (Private) number at 3pm to inform me that I would be attending a face to face interview in Atlanta. The person who called gave me a brief overview of what to wear and what to do, then asked for my passport details and told me to expect an email containing more details of available time slots and directions to the interview facility in Atlanta.
    Three days later, on the 29th at 1pm, I received a fifth email with 6 time slots. I was supposed to reply within 24hrs,listing the dates in order of preference. After I replied with my 7.30am Thursday selection, they sent me a seventh email on the same day at 7pm confirming that my interview had been scheduled for the 4th.
    On December 1st, I received my flight tickets in two separate emails, making these the 8th and the 9th emails. On the 2nd at 11am, I got the 10th email with attachments that contained hotel information (expense not covered), driving directions and required documentation, but then later on at around 12.30pm, I received a second call that my video interview had not been completed despite the fact that I had already done so and gotten a confirmation email. The caller advised me to send the confirmation email as proof to an email address he provided. I'm guessing they figured the video thing out since they never got back to me to ask me anything further.
    On the day of the interview, we were about 50 interviewees in the lobby dressed professionally. Then, a flight attendant came in and gave us see through packets to put our resume, applications, passports, and any other ID docs in. Each person was assigned one of three groups; A, B or C. I was in C.
    The process began in a different room. It was up to us to walk up to the flight attendants and engage in conversation. They don't tell you this, but they want to see you work the room. I talked to everyone and everybody, both flight attendants and my fellow interviewees. Not once was I not smiling and I tried to remember everyone’s names. After that, we settled down. The interviewees sat in the middle of the room while the FA's stood surrounding us. They then had a little dance presentation to showcase their fun side. We were all clapping, laughing and singing along, and if their goal was to get us relaxed, it definitely worked for me!
    There were three parts: Destination Delta, Fireside Chat and finally the Face to face interviews. Each group of around 15 people was rotated every thirty minutes.
    At destination Delta, we each introduced ourselves then the flight attendant in charge talked about Salary, Uniforms and the flight attendant lifestyle at Delta.
    At the Fireside Chat, the flight attendant in charge had placards with different questions and he would hand one to each of us so we could read out loud and answer. We were also led out one by one to do the reach test, jump seat fitting and to have our pictures taken.
    During the face to face interview, I had a HR representative and a Flight attendant asking me the questions. The most crucial thing at this time is to know the STAR=Situation, Task, Action, Result format of answering questions. They also have a chart on the wall that you can glance up to in case you get lost in your narration, and they give you a note pad to scribble onto. There were a total of 6 questions.
    After everyone was done, we sat down again and the FA's stood surrounding us, then the person in charge made the announcement that the day had come to an end. She also said that everyone should be able to hear back from them in seven to ten business days, but also added that some of us would be hearing from them on that day. She then called fifteen of us and told us to stay behind but didn't tell us why at first. Later on, after all the others had left, she said it was for a survey. I was a bit shocked when she asked "We were wondering if you would like a conditional job offer”, then all the other Flight Attendants started clapping, and I realized that we were the few who had been chosen to receive a CJO!!

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about a time you were expected to break the rules!!   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Applied initially online, and took the "personality" assessment. About 5 weeks later was contacted to submit a one-sided video interview. They ask you 5 questions, you have 30 seconds to prepare, and 2 minutes to answer the question. You also get a break in between each question which is nice! All the questions I was asked have been submitted on this website, so nothing unexpected. I submitted my video a week ago and I'm waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation when you demonstrated initiative and took action without waiting for direction. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to work with someone with a difficult personality. What made this person difficult and how did you handle it? What were the results?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was needed to satisfy a customer. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you worked on a team with someone who did not do his or her share of the work. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you witnessed a coworker or colleague breaking the rules or acting in a dishonest or unprofessional manner. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delta Air Lines.

They cycled me through managers from three different departments where they asked me questions relevant to each one. Coming into an interview, you should at least know the company's business structure and operations in case they ask you.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to run through the standard interview behavioral questions. Another one asked me how I would pitch a business case for a product.   Answer Question

FA LOD Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

I am in the Interview Process. Applied in the beginning of the month and the waiting time has not been too bad. I received my interview video request 7 days after the online application. Submitted the online interview on Wednesday night and today got the second interview for LOD! I am so happy that I found this forum, because it did helped me with the first video interview.
    Recommendations: Ladies: SMILE, use an easy bun style, neutral make up, watch, suit and collar shirt. You are allow to test the sound and video before recording so take advantage of that! ( I tested 4 times) LOL Hope to pass this second video to move forward to the F2F!

Interview Questions
    • A time when you had to deal with a difficult colleague, what did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    Still in Process

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied back in October 2014. Heard back from them the first week of January. Had recorded interview on January 15th, phone interview which was just a bunch of uniform information on the 18th, flew me out for the face to face on January 21. Everything happened so quickly. I felt like everything went well, but I was not picked. They chose 4 people from our group. 2 were white guys and I don't remember what the two girls looked like. Make sure you meet and talk with all the flight attendants and HR people that are there.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where a problem arises at work. What was the problem? How did you handle it? What was the result   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines.

I applied online in December 2014 and I received an email a couple weeks later asking me to complete the recorded online interview. After I completed the online interview, I received an email a week later inviting me to a f2f interview in atlanta, with a 6 dates/times to choose from. I had 24 hours to respond to the email with my chosen date and time. I received a confirmation of the scheduled date and time and another email letting me know that I will be receiving a phone call and to make sure to have my passport information ready. I received a phone call a few days after I received the email and they asked me for my passport information and went over some brief details about what to wear and what I need to bring for the interview. They told me to expect an email with the the location and the documentation I need to bring to the interview as well as another email with my flight information. I got my flight information a week before my interview and the informational email a few days before I flew to atlanta.

I got to the delta headquarters 45 minutes early. My scheduled interview time was at 12:30 pm and we started around 1 pm. As mentioned in the previous reviews, We were split into 3 groups A, B and C. The groups each had a different activities, one was the 2-1 interview, a fireside chat, and the other was an information meeting that talked about compensation and training. Im not going to go into much detail because there are others that have already explained what each group is like. I do want to say that I had a great experience and everyone that was there for the interview that day was great. Everyone was very friendly and outgoing and had great energy. At the end of the day, they only called out about 4 or 5 names to stay behind and go through processing. I was very surprised, because there were lots of candidates that I thought would were very outgoing and engaging but didnt get their name called. There were even candidates that were former or current flight attendants that didn't get called either. I was very confused by their decision, and what they were really looking for.

They have a shuttle that takes you back to the airport after the interviews. After we all got on the bus, one of the delta flight attendents came on and thanked us for coming out and told us not to lose hope. He informed us that delta does do call backs and to wait for a call from them within 2 weeks. He said that there were only a handful of candidates asked to stay behind because processing takes a bit of time and that HR can only process a handful of people each day. The interview day only lasted about 3 1/2 hours. We started around 1 and were let out by 430pm.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you made a big mistake that no one noticed. What did you to do about it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent (CSA) Interview

Received an email to call, to set up an interview, but there was no number attached to the email! Weird.... Either the company has little recruiting help or rely solely on automating sorting.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

The interview process is extremely stressful but the flight attendants, pilots and hr crew did their very best to make us all feel welcome. They danced to Taylor Swifts shake it off to break the ice and all were very friendly and warm. We are broken up into groups from there. If you are interviewing with them just try and be yourself. Everyone is being watched. Just remember to smile and try and get to speak to the current employees.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question: is on reserve a concern for you?
      The reason it's difficult is because of course it's a concern. You will have to make a choice of flying in and out of certain hubs or moving to the city you are given. You do not make a choice.

Answer Question