Delta Air Lines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Applied in early Oct. 2013

Got a call back first week in January 2014
    Was told I needed to have passport to proceed further did that.
    Got a second call back the following week and was asked 4 questions.

What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
    What to do if a child was asleep on the floor while the fasten seat belt sign is on?
    How would you handle a passenger in a situation where the food item they wanted was not available?
    How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
    A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
    How would you deal with a difficult customer... and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?

I got a call back the next day and was invited to a face to face interview for the following week.

About 60 of us met at 7:30 am in the lobby of delta facility.

*REMEMBER TO SMILE THE WHOLE WHILE AND INTERACT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN* Also please dress neat and business like do not wear a suit that is to tight have nails done and look sharp.

You go across the street to another building where you are met by about 20 experienced Delta Flight Attendants and a few HR people who line the walls of the room.
    You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! then led into a room where you will introduce yourself and tell if you speak another language and what work you are currently doing.

We were divided into three groups A, B, and C. I was in B group.

Each group had designated areas to go

-Watch video of life as a FA
    -Fire side chat where you ask questions have your picture taken and measure for over head reach and jumpseat fit.
    -Then the face to face interview

You will alternate to each area until everyone has had a chance to go to all areas
    remember to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action & Result) method when answering interview questions, always smile and be upbeat! These are some questions they may ask or questions simular to these. There are two interviewers in the room and the are writing the whole time you are talking. But don't be alarmed they are listening carefully.

Describe to me a time you overcame a problem at work? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

What do you do when a co-worker works at a slow pace?

How did you handle working with a co-worker you knew did not like you, how did you handle it?

What are some of your strengths? And worst faults?

Describe a conflict that you had with a manager, how did you handle it? How was it resolved?

If a co-worker was removing things from the aircraft would you confront them or tell management?

Why would you make a good Flight Attendant?

What do you know about the company?

Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary

After that they gather all the groups together in the meeting room and conclude the process by saying they will contact you via email to let you know if you are hired which they do do, however if there are candidates that have stood out they keep them behind and explain that they have additional information they need to get from these people. They called six names and I was one of the six asked to stay behind.
    We were offered the job and whisked away to HR to complete some paperwork.
    Fingerprints done and given a training date.

It is now Feburary 2014 and I have a week and a half to go before I begin training in March and I am super excited! I hope this info helps you as it did me when I researched the Delta interview process and as you can see it worked. I am hope this can help you as it has helped me to be 100% prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary   View Answers (54)
    None I excepted all terms and conditions.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2014.

I applied online and got an email 2 weeks later for a online interview. There were 4 questions. You get 30 seconds to think about it and 3 minutes to answer. They give you a few practice questions that you can record and review. You only get one try for the actual questions. This threw me off as there was a post that said you could re-record them. This is not true. I found it more difficult than a live interview because you can't make actual contact with a person per phone or f2f. I had to constantly keep reminding myself to look at the camera but I know my eyes kept wandering off.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you caught a co-worker being dishonest. What did you do and what was the outcome. Tell me a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who did not like you. What did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in August 2014.

Applied online , took the assessment and it took two weeks to receive an email for an invitation to a phone screening. You will call and set up a phone screening. There will be a call at a random time by a recruiter..be sure to answer the phone. It is basically phone tag with them until you finally have phone screen with them otherwise. There were 4 questions to answer. Be sure to answer them with STAR responses. Then they will evaluate whether you will move forward at that time. I was told that I was going to be moved forward in the process and they would be forwarding my information to a senior recruiter to review my application. A week later I was called to schedule a face to face interview. I suggest taking the earliest interview review session you can. I scheduled mine the next day. You will meet as a group with other candidates applying for the position. Remember to be outgoing and enthusiastic during the group sessions. Then you will have a face to face interview with 5 additional questions and then a mock phone call. You will then regroup with others after interview and call is done. There will be videos and then by the end of this session they pretty much have an idea who they are going to select. I was offered the position same day. I was given more paperwork to fill out and scheduled a drug test the next day.The benefits in this company are awesome. The employees in the customer experience specialist team are friendly. I have never been happier.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a difficult situation where you had to make a critical decision on your own. What did the situation involve and how did you act to respond to it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2014.

Applied online beginning Mar. 2014, then had telephone interview on Mar 31st. Call came late in evening and even though I thought interview was ok I knew when the lady was saying good bye that I was unsuccessful because she was so formal in the way she said it.

Interview Questions
    • What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
      How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
      A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
        Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Must apply online through delta.com, but try to find out who the hiring manager is and get your resume in front of him/her. Recruiters go through and select resumes that are submitted that may never get seen by the hiring manager, but if you get it to them anyway and they are interested, they can

Interview Questions
    • Delta uses the STAR interview process (Situation, Task, Action, Result) so be prepared for behavioral interview questions. Some interviewers may also use case interview kinds of questions as well.   Answer Question

FAA Radio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in May 2010.

was an inside interview as in I was an existing employee. I saw the add on staff open positions and sent my interest via that process. This was not advertised to the public at this stage, however when I joined the department I found that there were staff who were friends of the manager with no airline training and I was training and were started on a higher salary than me as I came from the airport.

Interview Questions
    • do you think the aircraft will understand your accent? Strange as the person asking the question and all of the existing staff had thick Georgia southern accents. Can you start in 2 days time? even though your a single parent of a young child and live 16 hours drive away.   View Answer
    terrible, staff were frustrated, there was no chance of promotion. The atmosphere was claustrophobic, management had no knowledge or interest of any other part of the airline and made it quite clear.

Flight Attendant Interview

Basically everything the other reviews say is true. The interview process is broke down as such: Two phone interviews. One Video Interview. One in person interview with a group of like 50 people and they are very selective. Good Luck

Interview Questions
    • Using the STAR method to answer questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2014.

I apply on Sept 3, 2014. I just did my online interview. Can any please tell me is there a good chance of hearing I'll get a F2F interview..

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time where you have had some one who was difficult to work with and how did you deal with it and what action did you take   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

please be detail as possible thats all that they want from you to be honest and detail they will ask you things about yourself to see who you are and know alilbit about yourself so dont be afraid be yourself be professional

Interview Questions
    • not knowing and studying things about the company go online to delta and see stuff about the company   Answer Question
    i got the job

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in August 2014.

It is a three part group interview. The first part was a meet and greet. Please be very friendly and outgoing, they want to see how well you interact with the other interviewees as well as the hiring managers. The second was a test call over the phone. They are expecting you answer the phone as you would if you were working for Delta. You may not know the procedure but keep in mind that you always want to satisfy the customer. The third phase is a face to face interview. The questions were situational, Please be as precise as possible.

This was the most fun I had ever had at an interview. Everyone was extremely polite and encouraging. Some people find out if they were selected on the spot after the entire process is completed others have a 2 week window.

Interview Questions
    The pay is 10.89 per hour. There is a raise given 6, 12 and 18 months after. Then every year that you are employed with the company.

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!