Delta Air Lines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in early Oct. 2013

Got a call back first week in January 2014
    Was told I needed to have passport to proceed further did that.
    Got a second call back the following week and was asked 4 questions.

What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
    What to do if a child was asleep on the floor while the fasten seat belt sign is on?
    How would you handle a passenger in a situation where the food item they wanted was not available?
    How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
    A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
    How would you deal with a difficult customer... and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?

I got a call back the next day and was invited to a face to face interview for the following week.

About 60 of us met at 7:30 am in the lobby of delta facility.

*REMEMBER TO SMILE THE WHOLE WHILE AND INTERACT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN* Also please dress neat and business like do not wear a suit that is to tight have nails done and look sharp.

You go across the street to another building where you are met by about 20 experienced Delta Flight Attendants and a few HR people who line the walls of the room.
    You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! then led into a room where you will introduce yourself and tell if you speak another language and what work you are currently doing.

We were divided into three groups A, B, and C. I was in B group.

Each group had designated areas to go

-Watch video of life as a FA
    -Fire side chat where you ask questions have your picture taken and measure for over head reach and jumpseat fit.
    -Then the face to face interview

You will alternate to each area until everyone has had a chance to go to all areas
    remember to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action & Result) method when answering interview questions, always smile and be upbeat! These are some questions they may ask or questions simular to these. There are two interviewers in the room and the are writing the whole time you are talking. But don't be alarmed they are listening carefully.

Describe to me a time you overcame a problem at work? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

What do you do when a co-worker works at a slow pace?

How did you handle working with a co-worker you knew did not like you, how did you handle it?

What are some of your strengths? And worst faults?

Describe a conflict that you had with a manager, how did you handle it? How was it resolved?

If a co-worker was removing things from the aircraft would you confront them or tell management?

Why would you make a good Flight Attendant?

What do you know about the company?

Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary

After that they gather all the groups together in the meeting room and conclude the process by saying they will contact you via email to let you know if you are hired which they do do, however if there are candidates that have stood out they keep them behind and explain that they have additional information they need to get from these people. They called six names and I was one of the six asked to stay behind.
    We were offered the job and whisked away to HR to complete some paperwork.
    Fingerprints done and given a training date.

It is now Feburary 2014 and I have a week and a half to go before I begin training in March and I am super excited! I hope this info helps you as it did me when I researched the Delta interview process and as you can see it worked. I am hope this can help you as it has helped me to be 100% prepared.

Interview Questions

• Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary   119 Answers

Negotiation

None I excepted all terms and conditions.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied initially online, and took the "personality" assessment. About 5 weeks later was contacted to submit a one-sided video interview. They ask you 5 questions, you have 30 seconds to prepare, and 2 minutes to answer the question. You also get a break in between each question which is nice! All the questions I was asked have been submitted on this website, so nothing unexpected. I submitted my video a week ago and I'm waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation when you demonstrated initiative and took action without waiting for direction. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to work with someone with a difficult personality. What made this person difficult and how did you handle it? What were the results?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was needed to satisfy a customer. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you worked on a team with someone who did not do his or her share of the work. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you witnessed a coworker or colleague breaking the rules or acting in a dishonest or unprofessional manner. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied on the 5th of November and got an email immediately after telling me to complete an online assessment.The next time I heard from them was on the 17th informing me that they had selected me to move forward to the next step in the selection process, which is a recorded interview. I then got a third email on the same day, the 17th, containing a link to the video interview that needed to be completed within 3 days. I completed mine on the 19th and got a confirmation email thanking me. Be sure to keep this email saved.
    I received a fourth email on the 26th at 10am informing me to keep my passport handy as they would be contacting me in the next week to 10 days between 9am and 9pm then they called me on the same day, the 26th, from an unknown (Private) number at 3pm to inform me that I would be attending a face to face interview in Atlanta. The person who called gave me a brief overview of what to wear and what to do, then asked for my passport details and told me to expect an email containing more details of available time slots and directions to the interview facility in Atlanta.
    Three days later, on the 29th at 1pm, I received a fifth email with 6 time slots. I was supposed to reply within 24hrs,listing the dates in order of preference. After I replied with my 7.30am Thursday selection, they sent me a seventh email on the same day at 7pm confirming that my interview had been scheduled for the 4th.
    On December 1st, I received my flight tickets in two separate emails, making these the 8th and the 9th emails. On the 2nd at 11am, I got the 10th email with attachments that contained hotel information (expense not covered), driving directions and required documentation, but then later on at around 12.30pm, I received a second call that my video interview had not been completed despite the fact that I had already done so and gotten a confirmation email. The caller advised me to send the confirmation email as proof to an email address he provided. I'm guessing they figured the video thing out since they never got back to me to ask me anything further.
    On the day of the interview, we were about 50 interviewees in the lobby dressed professionally. Then, a flight attendant came in and gave us see through packets to put our resume, applications, passports, and any other ID docs in. Each person was assigned one of three groups; A, B or C. I was in C.
    The process began in a different room. It was up to us to walk up to the flight attendants and engage in conversation. They don't tell you this, but they want to see you work the room. I talked to everyone and everybody, both flight attendants and my fellow interviewees. Not once was I not smiling and I tried to remember everyone’s names. After that, we settled down. The interviewees sat in the middle of the room while the FA's stood surrounding us. They then had a little dance presentation to showcase their fun side. We were all clapping, laughing and singing along, and if their goal was to get us relaxed, it definitely worked for me!
    There were three parts: Destination Delta, Fireside Chat and finally the Face to face interviews. Each group of around 15 people was rotated every thirty minutes.
    At destination Delta, we each introduced ourselves then the flight attendant in charge talked about Salary, Uniforms and the flight attendant lifestyle at Delta.
    At the Fireside Chat, the flight attendant in charge had placards with different questions and he would hand one to each of us so we could read out loud and answer. We were also led out one by one to do the reach test, jump seat fitting and to have our pictures taken.
    During the face to face interview, I had a HR representative and a Flight attendant asking me the questions. The most crucial thing at this time is to know the STAR=Situation, Task, Action, Result format of answering questions. They also have a chart on the wall that you can glance up to in case you get lost in your narration, and they give you a note pad to scribble onto. There were a total of 6 questions.
    After everyone was done, we sat down again and the FA's stood surrounding us, then the person in charge made the announcement that the day had come to an end. She also said that everyone should be able to hear back from them in seven to ten business days, but also added that some of us would be hearing from them on that day. She then called fifteen of us and told us to stay behind but didn't tell us why at first. Later on, after all the others had left, she said it was for a survey. I was a bit shocked when she asked "We were wondering if you would like a conditional job offer”, then all the other Flight Attendants started clapping, and I realized that we were the few who had been chosen to receive a CJO!!

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time you were expected to break the rules!!   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied for the non-billingual Flight attendant position for Delta airlines in January 2015, I had received the email and went through the Web interview, Phone interview and then got invited to Atlanta for the F2F interview. The whole process for me took about a Month. In order for you to readily go on with the interviews and hiring process, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT for you to have your passport... YES, you are just being interviewed, but, if you have NO passport, YOU wont Move along the hiring process..
    As for Interview day, It goes the same as everyone had posted.
    You meet in the general lobby area alongside all the other candidates. Realistically, the interview starts when youre waiting in the lobby.. Be SURE to interact and mingle with everyone. THEY ARE WATCHING YOU!! Be positive and be jolly.
    After that, they bring you upstairs to the Skyline social room, where you will enter seeing many flight attendants lining the room. YES they are just flight attendants, and YES THEY ARE YOUR INTERVIEWER!! They will be the one interviewing you.. Go around and TALK TO EVERYONE.. take time and get to know them a little more than just their name.. THEY ARE WATCHING YOU!!!
    Then they will gather everyone and welcome you all..
    Then they will break you up into your designated groups A, B, C...
    I was in the Rotation A. so I had my interview F2F first.
    Interview time. BE honest, be humble and be Genuine!! TELL the truth and GO INTO DETAIL!!!
    they want you to speak of your experience, and GO INTO DETAIL!!
    I cannot stress enough how important it is to go into detail..
    Throughout the whole F2F interview time, they are looking down and writing. They barely give eye contact.
    It is also important to answer using the STAR method to all of your questions. Remember GO into DETAIL!! Explain...
    Then the next part of the interview was Destination Delta.
    In this part of the interview, You will be asked to stand on the STAR in the front of the room and state 4 questions about yourself. STAND ON THE STAR! I cant recall how many people not Standing on the star... LISTEN and stand on the star. :) Then you will talk about the job itself. Here they will be brutally honest about the first year as a flight attendant! Job code, Uniform standards, pay, Bases, training etc....
    After this then you will all convene back into the main room in which you all entered in. They will let you continue socialize.. STILL continue to socialize...... At this time, the Main interviewers are meeting with some of the flight attendants to see who they wanted to give the CJO, Conditional ob Offer...
    They gathered everyones attention, and announced about 10 people to stay after to process paperwork... After that they thanked everyone for coming in today and told them to watch for their emails in 5-10 business days. Then they were to be taken back to the airport.
    The rest of the 10, went over to HR for fingerprints and pre-employment paperwork...

The whole Interview day was AN AMAZING experience.. The DELTA team ensured that you were comfortable throughout the whole day!

Interview Questions

• The Questions are based on Experience. Be truthful, because theyve heard EVERY story in the book. DO NOT try to make up a question on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will warn you, that you CHECKED the 2 boxes in accordance that you ARE willing and ABLE to relocate.. Also you ARE required to work nights, days, weekends, weekdays holidays etc,,,

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2015.

Interview

I applied March 2015, got a virtual interview, waiting to hear back.I just did it yesterday.they said they have several responses so be patient, my fingers are crossed. .I'm not sure on the next step but eager to find out. I have airline expierence

Interview Questions

• what was one of the toughest situations you expierenced, how did you handle it?   18 Answers

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2015.

Interview

I applied beginning of march about a few days later I got an email to complete a virtual email! I completed that and recieved a confirmation email staying that they had recieved the video and did to high volume be patient! Three n a half weeks went by I finally recieved an email at the end of march to respond with a time I could interview.

Interview Questions

• Virtual interview questions:

1.What was a time I had a difficult time with a customer and what was the ending outcome?
      2. When was a time that I went above and beyond for a customer?
      3. What did I do when a customer came in upset?
      4. Name a time when I worked in a group setting and what was the outcome?

Face to face interview questions:
      1. Name a time when your integrity kicked in and you witnessed a coworker doing something bad.
      2. Name a time you went over and beyond
      3. Name a time you had to deal with someone upset
      4. Name a time you had to quick think and make a big decision alone
      5. What's your greatest career achievement.

Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied on March 25th. Received an email 1 day later asking me to complete a personality assessment. Was not asked to complete a work/education history application until a week and a half later via email. The email implied they had been waiting on me to complete the application, so look out for that. I completed this on a Wednesday, and the following Monday was asked to participate in a video interview through an app/company called HireVue. This is NOT a conference call. It is one-sided only. The app presents 4 questions to you on the screen and you have 30 seconds to think about it. Then a 3,2,1 countdown begins and BAM, you're viewing yourself in a front facing camera to answer these questions. You have 2 minutes per question to answer, but can end the questions earlier. I had trouble using the iPad version of the app and had to use the iPhone version instead. 24 hours after the video interview, I was called by atlanta (404 area code) to book a face to face interview at the airport.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was expected of you to satisfy a customer or client's needs. What was the situation? What actions did you take, and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with someone who was difficult, upset, or distressed. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work as part of a team to accomplish a task or goal. What was the situation? What was your role? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you were in a high stress or high pressure situation. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied online 2weeks later digital interview and now just waiting to hear back! Interview had only 4 questions and it gives you time to practice it before you take the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about teamwork and customer service! Only 4 questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Process was just as everyone described, which helped me prepare well. Best people I have ever met for an interview and it was a wonderful experience. Only 6 people from both groups advanced to CJOs. Completed HR paperwork and fingerprinting. Went for drug test within 2 business days. Waiting on all checks to come back favorably to obtain training date.

Interview Questions

• Name a time a manager expected you to be unethical. Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. I accepted all terms.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online March 26th on the Delta website and sent a link to answer assessment questions. On March 30th I was notified that they are delighted to inform me that I have been selected to move forward to the next step in the selection process- a recorded digital video interview.

You must complete it within three days, it's a one way interview where you record answers to four questions. Use the STAR format when answering.

Now I wait to see if I make it to the next stage with Delta.

Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Easy situation questions that relate to the job like how did you deal with a upset customer, when did you go above and beyond, stressful situations etc.   Answer Question