Delta Air Lines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

Baggage Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in July 2014.

I put in an aplication early so to be on top of the pile and I's say that if you're looking for some temp work in the summer put one in around march.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about the bad things of about their work environment and I said that "No Work Environment is Perfect".   Answer Question

Delta Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in August 2014.

I heard on the news in AZ that Delta Airlines are hiring for FA Aug 2014. I applied online then 2days later I got an email to do a video interview that last 10mins.I guess Delta have eliminated the phone interviews earlier this yr, because I did a phone interview in Jan which was very hard and long so I'm glad Delta is not doing those anymore (obvious I didn't get the job). The video interview was about 4-6 long questions. Since I didn't know what to expect I didn't do so well. Delta is big on safety but there were no safety questions. I did a lot of research before the video interview and still crashed. The video interview only gives you 10 secs to think of an answer not enough time for me. Which makes me nervous and my voice was shakey not good to do on an interview. I really wanted to be a FA. I already know Delta will not call or email me for a f2f in ATL, GA so I'm not expecting an invitation.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you worked with a difficult person how did you handle it and what was the outcome?
      Name a time when you had to spring into action quickly what was the situation and the outcome?
        Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Very lengthy online application and psychological assessment. Next step is phone interview in two stages- first is basic questions and second is behavioral "tell me about a time" questions regarding past employment. Final step is invitation to group interview in Atlanta. It's an all-day, not-fun experience but you are advised to always be "on." Group interview starts out with a receiving line of 20 Flight Attendants you are expected to greet like royalty, a gospel sing-a-long welcoming you to your long day of sucking up, and three sessions. First is a group introduction and Q&A, second is photo and physical test, third is individual interview with two recruiters. You are expected to come up with stories on the spot to four or five different behavioral questions illustrating specific ways you handled situations in the past. If the questions don't apply to you, too bad, make something up. After all the scores are tabulated, four or five of the forty applicants are asked to stay.

Interview Questions
    • They insist on using STAR behavioral interview questions. Even if you know the format to answer in, it's difficult to think of actual things that have happened to you on the spot.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Everything I read on here about delta has been accurate. Phone interview then video interview then face to face. Now the face to face is not one on one. You are there with about 20 others in a room and you are observed like a lab rat then at the end they pick the younger applicants. So out of 40 they choose 6 or 7. I felt like they wasted my time because this "face to face" took all day from 9 to 5. I'm sure within 2 hours they knew who they wanted. Awful process! U can try for delta but don't put your hopes up. And when u arrive for face to face they tell u the blogs aren't true. I was there. The blogs were DEAD ON!!

Interview Questions
    • Make up an announcement that you would do over the pa   View Answer

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in August 2014.

Hiring and interview process was pretty straightforward and easy. I received a call from recruiting agency and I was asked a few interview questions. Basic interview questions. Received an email a week later and was asked to call the number in the email. I set up an in-person interview, and then went to it today. Interview had three parts, first part was an intro and tells you a lot about the job, and the position. The second part was a mock-phone call and they just want to hear what you are like over the phone, there is no scripting available. Last part is the face-to-face interview, with only one manager. Very relaxed. Asked about 6 interview questions.

No negotiation. Fixed pay. $10.89

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Applied online October 2013, received a phone 2 months later and did a short interview over the phone. Received a email in January for a F2F interview.. the process took about 4 hours..very professional and the flight attendants encouraged us to ask them questions about the job to make sure it was a good fit for us and them.

Interview Questions
    • Just be sure to answer in the STAR format   View Answer

Fligth Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2013.

first i have a phone interview , i was asked few questions is about customer service and handle the emergency questions.and the i was invited the f2f interview, it was a wonderful experience than 1 ever meet. so warm and gracious .

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

It was pretty easy just be prepared to have at least 4-5 examples of ways you've helped customers. Personally I come from a airline background and the lady interviewing me knew that, I felt pretty confident with my answers and I even used STAR method on all my examples. Sold the stapler they ask you to sell at the end and always ask how they are going to pay for it. It will help :) The lady that interviewed me I felt she discriminated against me. She even voided my application before all the hiring was done!!! There was another supervisor that was in our interview and she said I was the best interview that whole day. I will be writing Delta Airlines about this matter and how I feel it was unfair.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

I applied online on Monday, received an email on Tuesday advising that I have been chosen to move unto the next round of the application process. Tuesday night, I received an email from HireVue (online video interview website) advising that I had 3 business days to record my video interview. I just completed the video interview - they give you 30 seconds to prepare an answer, and allows you 2 minutes to state your answer to their questions. In total, there was 5 questions - they were basic interview questions - for example, name a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker? Name a time where you saw a co-worker doing unethical things, what did you do? I am not sure what the next step is after completing this video interview. I saw several people received a face to face before being asked to do a video interview...

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all basic in nature, not at all job specific.   Answer Question

Corporate Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in June 2014.

Met with initial recruiter for phone interview after submitting my resume for a corporate level position. I had applied to the position from a job posting. I was called about 3 weeks later. After interviewing me, recruiter requested samples of my professional work and then told me I would be interviewing next with the Hiring Manager. Stay tuned! Great Company and I would love to work for them. Awesome brand!!!

Interview Questions
    • This interview included skill screening questions, location, range of pay.   Answer Question