Delta Air Lines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. After 6 weeks of waiting had an interview using the star process with two people, the station manager and a supervisor. Interview lasted 15 minutes. It was pretty friendly and a nice atmosphere.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you had conflict with a coworker, situation, task, action and result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Very Easy Interview

Reservations Interview

Reservations
DFW, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call for phone interview and a couple of days later received call for face to face interview and job offer. Do not try to reschedule or you will not go further in the process.

Interview Question – They will use the STAR approach. Based of previous situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations on the starting pay.

ACS Interview

ACS

Interviewed at Delta Air Lines

Interview Details – Very long but easy. You have to complete multiple phases but pretty much at this point if you pass a drug test then you are fine. The process takes around 4-5 hours. Just make sure you dress sharp.

Interview Question – How you can make a deference   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, possibly was helped along by a personal referral but I had applied to several openings and I don't think my inside friend would have had effect on this particular opening. A little more than a month later, I received an e-mail from the hiring manager asking for a phone interview a couple of days later. That ended up being a very quick phone call to figure out which managers/leads would be best to be present during a face-to-face interview. A few days later, received a call from HR about F2F interview. During the F2F interview they asked me about items on my resume and then went into behavioral questions, such as "Tell me of a time where you had to overcome etc." and things like that.

Manager said time frame for decision was 2 - 3 weeks. 3 weeks passed and no word. On the first day of the 4th week, I e-mailed the manager; received a reply back a few hours later saying the position had been filled. It would have been nice for Delta to notify me that I hadn't been selected. Their website still shows that I am "Under Review" as well. I wasn't too bummed about this rejection, since the commute would have been an absolute nightmare.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions. Do your research and prepare your answers.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve Interview

Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2011.

Interview Details – After applying for 3 years before every year got a call from Delta total process as followed passed the first call then a 2nd call from Delta a few days after, then had a group/1on1 interviews on location in Atlanta after the Interviews if you were selected to move on you had to take a skills test if passed take a drug test if passed receive a letter from Delta a few days after saying when training would start for the on boarding process with Delta Air Lines.

Interview Question – In a past job how would handle pressure?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation job had set pay

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was asked about a time when I persuaced others to do something new, a time when a coworker was being unfair or dishonest, how would you deal with a difficult customer, when you had a difficult situation to resolve. Almost it was similar queation that I saw the other's review.

Interview Question – I am not a English native speaker so some recruter spoke so fast so I couldn't understand.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews, a video interview and then a f2f interview in Atlanta. The process of interviews only took 3 weeks. I applied on the website and I got a phone call the next day. I was overall pleased. They made everybody feel comfortable at the f2f interview. There were about 80 of us in my 12:30 interview and they picked 8 of us. I just got my email confirming my training starting September 24th, 2014.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   View Answer

Airport Customer Service Ready Reserve Interview

Airport Customer Service Ready Reserve
Jamaica, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – The whole process took roughly 4 weeks. I applied on March 28th, did a phone interview on April 11th and had my F2F on April 24th. I was offered a CJO on the spot.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – There are close to 60 people in the interview making it very difficult to stand out. The only chance you have to impress is during your one on one. They keep it upbeat and friendly, but don't expect them to notice you unless you really stick out.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you got bored at work.   Answer Question

Interview Details – Applied March 2014

Phone interview a week later
 They called me at 9:30 AM from a 00 number. You're required to have a passport before you can start the process. Then I was asked 4 situational questions and make sure you answer in the STAR method!!

What do you do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
 A child is asleep on the floor and the seatbelt sign is on. What do you do?
 A food item is not available for a customer and they want it. What do you do?
 A child running down the isle and causing a disturbance. How do you handle the situation?

I was then asked if I was willing to continue onto the next process of the interview where I was asked 4 more questions. Again, don't forget the STAR method!!

A time you went above and beyond for a guest.
A time you persuaded someone to try something new
Two times you caught a coworker being dishonest and what did you do
A time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it. What was the outcome?

Video interview 3 weeks later
  I received an intive for a video interview. It is a one-way recorded interview with 3 questions:

State your name and reference number
Why do you want to be a flight attendant for Delta?
Why are you a good representative of Delta Air Lines?

You are able to rerecord your answers as many times as you want and come back if you need a break. Take your time and think about what you want to say.

It took 3 weeks for me to hear anything after I submitted it and got the email saying I was invited to a F2F in Atlanta!
My group was small (only 24 of us) met in the lobby at 12:30.

We were greeted by a current FA and had a small Q&A about what to expect and divided into 3 groups (A,B, & C). I was in group A. We were then walked across the street in groups of 8 (purely because thats all that fit in the elevator).

*REMEMBER TO SMILE THE WHOLE WHILE AND INTERACT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN* Also please dress neat and business like do not wear a suit that is to tight have nails done and look sharp.

You go across the street to another building where you are met by about 20 experienced Delta Flight Attendants and a few HR people who line the walls of the room.
You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! They sang Happy and had a little dance to go with it! It was fun and rally helped keep the mood light.

We were given more information and then told where each group was going. My group was in the 2:1 interview first. One FA and an HR rep. I was asked 6 questions and then created a PA announcement just so they can hear how you sound (or at least that's what they told me). The questions were:
    Describe to me a time you overcame a problem at work? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?
    How did you handle working with a co-worker you knew did not like you, how did you handle it?
   Tell us of a time there was a problem at work and the manager was not there? What happened and what did you do?
    Describe a conflict that you had with a manager, how did you handle it? How was it resolved?
   Tell us of a time that you took the initiative at work to make something better? what did you do? What was the outcome?

Create a PA Announcement for some volunteers flying to NY to help with the Hurricane Sandy relief.

The interview lasted 30 mins. I was nervous but was smiling the entire time and showed my excitement. They understand you're going to be but just be yourself and smile! The next rotation was Destination Delta where they tell you more about the job, training and benefits. This is when you do your introductions with your name, where you're from, if you speak any languages and what you are currently doing. REMEMBER TO SMILE!!!! And be audible!
 You also go over any questions you may have about training or the scheduling and how A days work.

The last rotation was the fireside chat where you do your reach test, jump seat test, and get your picture taken with a lovely southern women you want to put in your pocket! During the chat, you can ask whatever you want to a current FA. You also go over paper work with some HR reps and make sure your paperwork is correct.

After everyone has gone through each rotation, we all gathered back in the main room. We were thanked for our time and told that we're all going into the room we had destination Delta in. We were then thanked again and we're told to not listen to the blogs snd we would hear something within 10 business days and they needed a few people to stay for a minute cause they had a couple questions they needed. I was one of the 4 names called. After everyone cleared we were congratulated because we were now new Delta FAs! We then had to fill out paperwork at HR and were told we would be contacted about when training would be!

Hope this helps! Good luck!!

Interview Question – Tell us of a time that you had to react quickly? what happened, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. I accepted the CJO and waiting for background check to clear.