Delta Air Lines

Average Difficulty
368 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Flight Attendant

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied and received a phone call one day later asking for a valid passport. I was then given two separate phone interviews. All the questions from those are listed on this site. I then received an email invitation for a video interview the next day. I completed it immediately. It has now been 3 weeks since my video interview submission and I haven't heard any news since.

Interview Question – Name two times a coworker was being unfair or dishonest and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called the next day to do a 2 part phone interview
2 days later I was emailed to complete a video interview( 3questions,very easy)
1 day after I was called to schedule a f2f a week later
From application to call for f2f it was about 6 days

Once you arrive at the facility make sure that you dress professional and are on time. Speak to literally everyone because 1 hr person & 1 Fa will be your interviewers. We had different groups,A,B,C, and anyone from any group can get hired. We had to watch videos on training as well as discussions on FA schedules. We had to do a jump seat test ( to make sure you can fit in the seat) as well as a reach test to grab the emergency equipment. And there was the interview, 6 questions (please make sure you understand the STAR format) and had to make a PA announcement. Everyone's questions are different so have plenty of customer service scenarios you have experienced so that you can use them for different kinds of questions. At the end they call the names of those who are to stay behind and be hired, my group had 18 chosen & I was lucky enough to be one of them.

My main advice would to be stay true to yourself and practice interviewing. This process made me realize no matter how personable you are or even if you could do the job great, if you can not interview then none of that really matters. Do not ramble on and have the interviewers wondering what is the point of your story or worse, how does this answer the question that you were asked. So I say again, please practice interviewing.

Interview Question – Name a time you had an issue with management,how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – After a phone interview, if selected, you are flown to Atlanta to take part in a mass interview where about 12 individuals are discretely chosen and approximately 100 are sent home without having been told that they were not selected. It is a very selective process and there is no exact science to scoring a selection

Interview Question – The questions varied greatly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity to negotiate

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on Feb 28, 2014 (Friday) and recieved a phone call the following friday at 7pm! The lady introduced herself as Delta airlines representative and started the behavioral questionary (the same questions stated in previous reviews: about the child hanging/sleeping in the isle, drunk passenger, etc.) not even asking if that was a convinient time for me to conduct the interview.

Interview Question – Well... I got stuck with giving an example of two situations when someone was unfair to somebody at work and what I would have done differently in such situations. At the end, she asked if they could contact me if an additional info needed. Obviously, I did not pass that phone interview, I knew that. And two days later I recieved thanks, but no thanks letter. I had not read the glassdoor reviews before I got my interview. All the questions can be found here. I will be reapplying in 6 months and make sure I know what to expect.
Oh, the very first question was if I had a valid passport, which I did.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Delta Air Lines

Interview Details – Technical Questions for no experience candidates seems unfair

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – Applied online April 13th, receive a call to phone interview the very next day, I missed the call because it comes up 00.
Did the phone interview, asked the exact same question as stated in all the reviews, you MUST have your passport!
Got an email the next day to do video interview. I see that everyone did not have to do this process, so I truly believe this process is to get a visual...not sure if it is the way you sound or what...however I am going to do that tonight. The whole process is as stated in all the reviews, follow them closely. If you are not picked its truly because the position is not for you.....we have all the answers to the test! I will follow up after I take my video interview....wish me luck!!!!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you found a co-worker being dishonest. I answered, and said I approach my co-worker and mention the action to my supervisor.(He then asked how was your relationship after)   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2014.

Interview Details – It took about 3 weeks to a month to receive my first contact which was from a hiring manager. She requested by email a 30 minute phone screener. I never spoke to HR for any interviews. The phone questions were not the traditional STAR format which I had been told to expect. She asked me what trends I was aware of in media and marketing. She asked me to go through my resume and experience. I studied many "traditional" questions but felt she asked me a number that were unexpected. I got another email about a week or two later for the second, in-person meeting also with the hiring manager. Everyone I encountered was nice. She was pleasant and we met one on one. This interview was more about how I work professionally and lasted 1 hour. I got the strength/weakness question. What suggestions would I make to improve the department, etc. What was important to me in a boss and my work environment etc. I was asked to return for a third interview to meet the managing director. His assistant arranged the meeting. This was a very short interview (30 min) where he wanted me to ask questions and also get a feel for if I'd fit with his mission and the corporate culture. It seemed important to him that I'd be passionate about the work involved. By this point my skill capabilities were not at issue.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied two weeks ago for the Non-Bilingual Flight Attendant Position. They called me soon afterwards and asked me a few situation questions. I then was invited to do a Video Interview three days later, where they asked me why I would be a good Delta representative as a flight attendant, and why I want to be a flight attendant at Delta Airlines. I completed the interview two days after I received the invitation, and the next day I was invited to interview at the Delta headquarters three days later.

When I got there, they had everyone sitting around in the lobby, and we were invited to talk to one another. I felt like I was being watched the whole time, but it wasn't too bad. They then took us to the Delta Lounge in the other building where the recruiters lined the walls and we had to move from person to person and chat for a bit. They then split us into 3 groups: Group A which watched a video about life as a flight attendant, Group B which did a "fireside chat" in which we could ask questions (during this time, we were pulled aside to do a height test and a jumpseat test as well as answer questions about our resume through HR), and Group C who did interviews with a Flight Attendant and an HR person in private rooms.

At the end of the process, they put us back in the Group A room where they told us that they would contact us within 7-10 business days, and to not listen to the blogs. They were very adamant that they "read the blogs" and I thought that it meant that I might hear back saying I was picked. Then they did what I thought they would do, which is claim that they needed to copy passport information from 7 people. They called their names and the rest of us were able to go. I did not get picked and I'm assuming that those 7 people did.

The only thing I had to pay for was the taxi cab to the location. They shuttled us back. Overall, I had a great time and I wish that I would have been hired, because Delta seems like a wonderful place to live and they really sold the job to me.

Interview Question – I had to make up a fake PA announcement, and I was given a few seconds to come up with it after they gave me the topic.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for this position in March, because I had a 4 hour layover in Atlanta, and just happened to be looking at their available careers. I found flight attendant and thought I would give it a shot!

I submitted my resume, and heard from a recruiter a few days later. I initially had not called them back because I wasnt 100% sure I even wanted to do it, but after 4 voicemails, and one email I decided to try it out. I called the number, and gave the employee my passport expiration date, and answered 4 simple questions. It seems everybody is asked the same 4 questions at this stage.

I set up an appointment a week later for another phone interview. She called me and asked me four questions.
1) Tell me of a time you needed to convince somebody to try something new.
2) Tell me of TWO times you had witnessed an employee being unethical/unfair.
3) Tell me of a time you had a difficult customer. How were they difficult, and what was the resolution?
4) Tell me of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
Now, I felt I had a strong interview, and took about 15-20 minutes in total to do the entire interview. Unfortunatley, I received an email a few days later letting me know they were pursuing other candidates. No big deal! It was a good experience, but I wish they would let me know WHY I wasnt chosen to go further, because like I said above, I felt I interviewed well.

I couldnt tell you what exactly they're looking for, but best of luck to you all! =)

Interview Question – Tell me of a time you had to convince sombody to try something new.   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2014.

Interview Details – My experience was exactly as described before. 2 phone interviews, a video interview and a face to face. The process was very exciting and very professional by Delta. I enjoyed the whole process but was disappointed to leave without an offer. There were a lot of very talented people there and they offered about 20 people a position

Interview Question – A time that you were bored at work, what did you do and what was the result   Answer Question