Delta Air Lines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

I waited about 3 weeks to receive A Phone screening from a hiring manager, then HR called me in for face to face on site interview lasted little over 1hr. Received an offer call from hiring manager 2 weeks later. Everything moved fairly quickly after screening call for this size corporation.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard. I knew that they use SRAR format interview, so I summarized my past experiences STAR format question into 1. What I did 2. Challenge at that position. 3. What process I used to solve that challenge 4. End result. For all my experiences.   View Answer
    Straight forward

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2014.

The interview process was very nice and straight forward. There were about 30 interviewees. All looked nice and professional and all but 3 were on time. You walk into the building and you see a couple well-dressed, good looking Flight Attendants and about 30 (nervous) interviewees. They give you a name tag and a folder to so you can put all the needed identification in there. Then you go across the street to a big room where there is drinks, places to sit and many more flight attendants. You get a chance to meet many of them. You are broken into different groups and you do different things at different times. One group watches a video on Delta, another does a "fireside chat" where you can ask questions, and the last group does one on one interview questions. It was a nice, organized process. Also, the Flight Attendants and HR sang to the song "Happy" by Pharrell, that was nice haha.

Interview Questions
    • Tell somebody happy birthday on the flight and don't sing   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in December 2013.

Connected to alumni who pushed my resume to the hiring managers. Several days later I had a preliminary interview on the phone. This phone interview was not too difficult with several behavioral questions, accounting questions, and critical analysis questions. The manager who interviewed me was very nice and open about the hiring process. A week later, they flew me out to Atlanta to interview on site. Before the interviews, several newer analyst took me out to lunch. We had a great conversation about the company and culture. After a tour of HQ, I had two interviews with managers. Both were very similar to the phone interview. Overall, the hiring and interview process was very quick and transparent.

Interview Questions
    • If you receive cash today for tickets for a flight two moths from now how does the accounting work today and two months from now.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary; very flexible on start date.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2010.

Applied online. After 6 weeks of waiting had an interview using the star process with two people, the station manager and a supervisor. Interview lasted 15 minutes. It was pretty friendly and a nice atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where you had conflict with a coworker, situation, task, action and result.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

The initial communication of the hiring process was through e-mail where I was invited to schedule for a phone interview. The phone interview was very brief and was carried out by technical personnel of the airline. After the phone interview I was invited to the Delta Tech Ops facility in Atlanta, GA for an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was also carried out by technical personnel of the airline and they were very courteous in welcoming me to the facility. The interview process was done by a panel and the questions to be asked were already pre-programmed by the company as I was told before the interview started. Most of the questions involved talking about an instance where I was involved in a certain situation and was asked to respond how I reacted to it.

After the interview I was invited for a tour of the facility and the work environment seemed very professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a situation where I was involved in a certain conflict and explain how I reacted to it and resolved it or helped to resolve it.   Answer Question

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Call for a face to face interview, offered job at interview. Then waited five weeks for background check. I had to obtain more work history, then I was given a start date.

Reservations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2011.

Received a call for phone interview and a couple of days later received call for face to face interview and job offer. Do not try to reschedule or you will not go further in the process.

Interview Questions
    • They will use the STAR approach. Based of previous situations.   Answer Question
    No negotiations on the starting pay.

ACS Interview

Very long but easy. You have to complete multiple phases but pretty much at this point if you pass a drug test then you are fine. The process takes around 4-5 hours. Just make sure you dress sharp.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in May 2014.

Applied online, possibly was helped along by a personal referral but I had applied to several openings and I don't think my inside friend would have had effect on this particular opening. A little more than a month later, I received an e-mail from the hiring manager asking for a phone interview a couple of days later. That ended up being a very quick phone call to figure out which managers/leads would be best to be present during a face-to-face interview. A few days later, received a call from HR about F2F interview. During the F2F interview they asked me about items on my resume and then went into behavioral questions, such as "Tell me of a time where you had to overcome etc." and things like that.

Manager said time frame for decision was 2 - 3 weeks. 3 weeks passed and no word. On the first day of the 4th week, I e-mailed the manager; received a reply back a few hours later saying the position had been filled. It would have been nice for Delta to notify me that I hadn't been selected. Their website still shows that I am "Under Review" as well. I wasn't too bummed about this rejection, since the commute would have been an absolute nightmare.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral questions. Do your research and prepare your answers.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2014.

I was asked about a time when I persuaced others to do something new, a time when a coworker was being unfair or dishonest, how would you deal with a difficult customer, when you had a difficult situation to resolve. Almost it was similar queation that I saw the other's review.

Interview Questions
    • I am not a English native speaker so some recruter spoke so fast so I couldn't understand.   Answer Question