Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in December 2014.

After completing the application I received an email that I would be receiving a telephone call. A few hours later a hiring representative called and gave a short interview. The questions were not difficult and very basic. I then was asked to complete an interview with the application HireView. This is a virtual interview done on your own time and place. I did mine with my iPad. There were about 10 questions mostly about customer service. A few days later I received an email inviting me to Atlanta for a face to face interview. Delta flew me there but I had to pay for my own accommodations.

There were about 60 applicants. We were broken down into three groups. The first part of the my interview was with a flight attendant and he explained Reserve and the basic job requirements. We then had to stand up and state our name, where we were from, what languages we speak fluently, and what we do now. That was it. Then we moved on to the "fireside chat" that was given by another flight attendant. We were passed out cards that had questions on them. We had to read them and then give our answer. They were questions like "Why do you think a company should have uniform standards?" Mine was "Why do you want to work for Delta?" We were then sent over to another area to do our one on one interview. Mine was with two interviewers with six questions. They ask that you use the STAR technique for your answer. Basically they were like this, "Tell us about a time...."

After everyone had gone through the process the interviewers took about 30 minutes in a closed room. They came back out and named about six names for these people to stay back and the rest of us were free to go. I was happy to see they called one of the interviewees that was a Delta employee. I received my "Thank you, but no thank you" email about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something that required you to break the rules.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines.

My process happened very quickly. I did the initial application and online assesment on the 7th of November. The following week I got an email to do a video interview with three days through Hireview. That was done on Thursday, on Saturday someone called from a 0000 number I missed the call and they left a message that they would call back the next day (Sunday) between 12-12:30 the girl was super friendly we went over uniform requirements and hair and makeup also passport info which was the main reason for the call. On the following Wednesday they emailed and said I was selected for a face to face interview and given 3 days (two time slots each day) to choose from. I have three days before the face to face and i am confident that I will get through.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 5 questions at the video interview i only remember 4 (sorry)
      1. Talk about a time a co-worker was being dishonest or unprofessional
      2. Tell us a time when you went above and beyond for a customer
      3. Tell us a time you took initiative without being told.
      4.Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker and what was the result

As everyone else mentioned remember to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) method of answering. Be very natural ....SMILE...SMILE.... SMILE, not too much hand gestures or if you do talk with your hands have your nails done.

For your video interview dress professional wear natural makeup, pull your hair back in a bun or ponytail. Also make sure your background is not cluttered but rather neat, have a solid background if possible without any distractions place a nice plant in view and make sure there is good lighting

Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Applied in September. Had my video interview Thangsgiving week. Still waiting to hear back from them. I've been extremely nervous throughout the whole process. Being a flight attendant is something that I really want to do.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you worked with someone with a difficult personality.   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Delta Air Lines.

I received an email with a video interview link. The video interview consisted of customer service questions about my experience in customer service related jobs. It used the STAR method asking me about the situation, what my task was, what action I took, and what the result was. It did not allow me to review my answers or go back to answer them again. I was then sent an email about 4 days later that I would be called for a phone interview. There was no return phone number so I had to be available when the call came. When the person called me they asked how I enjoyed the interview process. They gave me a disclaimer about the dress code of conduct and asked me if I could comply.
    Then they asked me if I had any piercings or tattoos on a list of areas of my body: face, wrist...etc. When I told the person that I have a small tattoo on my wrist they said that the interview had to be stopped at that point and my file sent back for review (no pictures, no question about the specific area or size of the tattoo). That was Friday of last week, this is now Tuesday and I've received a rejection email saying that I've not been selected. Hope that helps

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any piercings or tattoos on the following parts of your body?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in August of 2014. In mid Nov I received an email for a video interview. They asked customer service related questions. One week later I had a telephone interview basically informing me of uniform regulations. They also asked if I had any tattoos. A couple of days later I received a F2F interview email. Wish me luck! I wish you luck as well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you did not agree with one of your co workers. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Delta Air Lines in December 2014.

I applied 3 weeks ago. After a week i received an email to take a digital interview. 5 questions were asked and I had 30 seconds to prepare for my response. Then it records. I had up to 2 mins to respond. After another week, I received an email letting me know I was a step closer and I would be getting a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter called me that same day. Make sure to have your passport handy cause the recruiter will need your passport number and expiration date. After that conversation, the recruiter invited me to the F2F interview. I have it on Tuesday...wish me luck!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time you went above and beyond for a customer. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in December 2014.

We got there and did the normal interview...split into 3 groups. One group discuss benefits, the other does a fireside chat and also a reach test and they also ask do you have any tattoos...last group does interviews. They switch every hour and half and then after everyone does the f2f they call out a few names. Those and only those names are selected for cjo. However they tell you to wait 7 to 10 days to know for sure which is a lie since they are conducting interviews 2 a day for 4 days out the week...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines in December 2014.

I applied online the first week of December '14.
    I completed an assessment and 3 weeks later, I got an email with an online interview invitation.

I was asked 5 questions which you can found on the other comments

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see somebody breaking a rule?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Delta Air Lines in December 2014.

I have completed the online application and the one sided video. The questions are spot on. Tomorrow I have a phone interview. I am very excited and I hope to move on to the next step in the interview process.

Flight Attendant Interview

interviewed at Delta Air Lines in December 2014.

Process was very fast This took about 2 months- application- assessment -video interview- Language video Interview- F2F Interview- pending to complete. Pending for email to be sent with Flight information.

Interview Questions
    • Know the STAR method- Simple answers- don't give too much details. Stay focused.   Answer Question