Delta Air Lines

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2014.

I applied online about 4 weeks later, I received an email for an online interview from hirevue. They asked about five questions, which were pretty easy if you ask me. I'm waiting to here back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you above and beyond for a passenger.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2014.

I first applied to be a flight attendant for Delta Air Lines back in August. I was asked to complete the video interview. It went well. They ask five questions, standard interview questions. I wore a blazer and collar shirt and pajama bottoms (they can only see you from the waist up anyway). About two weeks later, I got a phone interview. I was asked similar questions. Then I gave my passport information. I had passed that round, and was invited to do the face to face interview! It's a lot of steps but it feels really good to make it to the final process. I'm still reading and studying on the company and interview process, so once I finish my F2F interview, I'll give you all the details! Wish me luck and good luck to you all!!!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you didn't get along with a manager of co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2014.

The interview was long but good. great questions and lots of information about the company and benefits. Plus great information about the history of the company. Plus very friendly environment.

In Flight Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2014.

Made it to video interview. Even though I didn't get hired its nice of them to respond with friendly email. Within a week they let me know that I didn't make the cut. Was more worried that I would start interview and realize a had a technical problem so i put it off till last day. HireView was very helpful so do not worry and go ahaead and take ot. Use the STAR method to answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • Wasnt any hard questions, was difficult to look into a camera and try to watch timed response.   Answer Question

Flight Attedent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2014.

I began my online application in October and was invited for an online interview. I was asked about a time when I received great customer service. I believe the hardest part of the interview is narrowing down one incident and remaining calm to answer the questions without any uncomfortable pauses

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2014.

I applied online at the end of August. Sometime in September I did the video online interview and heard nothing back until October 30 when I received an email that I would be getting a call in the next 10 days. The call was simple, she asked for my passport information and if I agree to all of Delta's rules and appearance guidelines. Of course I replied yes. I go this week for F2F.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2014.

I began my application process on September 3rd of this year. Upon completing the online application, I received an email to complete the online assessment shortly after. It was not until October 17th I received an email to complete the online video interview.

The online video interview was pretty straight forward. They ask you five situational questions and you have 30 seconds to prepare your answer and 2 minutes to respond. The largely talked about STAR method is the way to answer those questions. People who have experience as a flight attendant and/or have experience with customer service may find it easier to answer the questions. One difficult part is due to it's a video interview; therefore, talking into the camera with the timer ticking could become un-natural. However, I believe they do take that into consideration. Just relax, be yourself and you will do fine.

On November 5th, I received another email to invite me to complete the language assessment because the position I applied for is a bilingual position. I completed the language assessment video recording on the 7th of November, then received an email the next day to inform me that someone from the Delta recruitment team will be contacting me for additional information. On the 8th of November, I received a phone call from a lady at the recruitment team asking for my travel document information. She also went through the basics of the job as well as some of the regulations regarding Delta uniform. Finally, she congratulated to for being selected to the in-person interview and I should receive an email regarding dates.

I received the email invitation for in-person interview today (November 10th). They provided three dates for you to choose from and you need to respond with your preference within 24 hours. I responded with my preference and got an email shortly after to confirm my interview date. As of now, I am waiting for my flight Itinerary and the detailed interview information. Will share my interview experience once I have completed the in-person interview. Good luck, everybody!

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult. However, the video interview can be a little nerve wrecking.   View Answers (3)

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

I applied online and answered the numerous questions that they ask online. I submitted my application and resume, and then received the email saying that I would have a video interview. I submitted the video interview on October 8th, and my application is still under review. I still hope to be offered an interview in Atlanta.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult, just need to relate your personal experiences.   View Answer

Applied online on 11/2
    Received email for video interview on 11/10
    Completed interview on 11/12
    Received TBNT on 11/20 asking me to apply for other positions with Delta.

I like that Delta was fast in response to moving forward or letting you know you didn't receive an offer. Although they say no news is good news. I will keep trying. Its difficult to get a position as a flight attendant because there are so many applicants, but not impossible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a co-worker that did not do their share?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

I applied online. the process took 2more month. sent in online application 2week heard back and was asked to do the video interview. completed process and waited more a month hearing back for f2f interview.

Interview Questions
    • all the question were about before work experations.   View Answer