Delta Air Lines

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in February 2014.

Interview Details – I never post things like this, but I figured I would because of my satisfaction overall with the entire process. I applied online not too long ago and received a phone call from an unknown number 2 days later (missed it) and looked up a number to call back. I was interviewed by phone immediately when I called back and it was a very pleasant experience. 3 days later I received an email to call a recruiter for my f2f appointment. After this was done, I was in the office interviewing 2 days later and offered a Conditional Job Offer. After filling out lots of paperwork (typical for an airline job) I was then told to get my drug testing, physical agility test, and hearing test done by the following day. Overall it has been a really smooth experience.

Interview Question – Even though this position requires limited contact with customers, how can you strive to ensure that you make a positive impact on them?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Interview Details – applied in january and got a call 2 days later from a 00 number asked me a bunch of questions about how well can i handle situations then told i will get a phone call and watch otu for an email

Interview Question – asked about a tough situation in my work and how i handled it   Answer Question

Ramp Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Interview Details – I found the job posting on craigslist and it took me to the delta website. The application was kind of long but nothing out of the ordinary. A few days after I had filled it out, I got a call to go in for a group interview. Once we all met in a cafe, we went up to a conference room where the interviewer told us all about the job. I had read the other reviews on this site and expected a long interview with lots of questions, especially about safety, so I was very prepared. However, the interviewer went around the room and only asked us one question. I answered in more detail than most of the other people and after a few more facts about the job, the interviewer thanked us for coming in. The next day I got a call offering me a job. I think the process was different from most ramp agent interviews because I am working at a very small airport, but I can't be certain that is it.

Interview Question – The one question asked was "What makes you want to work for Delta?"   View Answer

Ramp Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and uploaded resume. Heard back from Delta for a phone interview. I was not prepared for the interview. They were very kind and pleasant to speak with. They asked customer service questions like Tell me a time when....., How do you handle......, What is customer service.... etc. I was nervous and froze! They gentleman I spoke with was really kind anyways.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled it?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Roanoke, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – Interview was full of false information and manager was highly unprofessional.

Interview Question – Are you willing to cover open shifts at a short moment's notice?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in June 2009.

Interview Details – will you go on line and fill out for the postion, after that you wait . Then a man will call you and ask you a few questions . Then after you pas that phone interview. You go back on line and pass another test . It might take you about 30 mins to get done. Then you wait , they will call you for a in person interview which will take about 40 mins. Then you go take a drug test , a fitness test and hearing test. Then they train you for 1 month before you go on the ramp.

Negotiation Details – There isnt , its a set pay per hour to start

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, got an email for a phone interview a couple days later, had phone interview, was called four days later for f2f, after that I was told I would get called 3-4 weeks later, they called me the next day, I went in for conditional job offer, offer was only good if i passed the testing. I had to go through drug, background, and physical test all at different locations, it took a couple weeks. After that I was called in for my training. Its all about your timing when you applied, if they really need help, you will get the job. The best time to apply is October-December.

Interview Question – Name a situation when you saw a supervisor breaking the rules, and you have to stop him/her.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, offer was good enough

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in person meeting. Mostly about how you deal with stress and your willingness to start off working bad hours for low wages.

Interview Question – Explaining your own weaknesses -- always a difficult question to respond to in a meaningful way   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview Details – It turned out to be a two-tiered, mass interview. Once they gave the disclaimer about the physical rigors of the position--seemingly to weed out a number of those who came and were clearly not a fit for the position--then we proceeded to the second part of the interview. It was pretty brief, and not too intense.

Interview Question – A trick question is "what is most attractive to you about the idea of possibly working for Delta?" Do NOT mention the travel perks! Seems like that was when the energy of the whole interview changed, after I mentioned that.   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

Interview Details – I did a application for Delta on September 24, 2012. On the following Monday I received a call email telling me to call a number for a phone interview in which I did. They basically ask do you mind working outside at any weather environment, do you accept the pay, and other questions that involve lifting, how would handle different situations. I was told to hold so he could find a opening for a F2F, but when he came back on the line he said they didn't have any appointments available. On October 5, 2012 I received a phone for a F2F interview at the airport. I was in a room of like 11 people. I was the only female of 3 that was hired on the spot. The interview questions were standard. How would you handle a dangerous situation? Can you lift this much? Do you have open availability? My interviewer was nice. They only hired 4 people and I'm sure they were her picks. The next thing is to fill out lots of paperwork and take a physical agility test, a hearing test, and a urine test. Best of luck!

Interview Question – How would you attempt to make a impact on customers considering you don't get to see them most the time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still waiting on clearance from background.

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!