Delta Career Education Corporation

Campus President Interview

Campus President

Interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation

Interview Details – Demanding long hours, very focused on goals

Interview Question – If you were an animal what kind of animal would you be?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation.

Interview Details – I sent a resume for a job post in March and didn't get a call for an interview until June. The interview took approximately 30 minutes, after which I was informed that I would be starting the following week.

Interview Question – Many of our students come to us because they have had bad experiences with the education system. Some will come into the classroom with chip on their shoulders and will try their best to challenge you and try to disrupt your lesson plan. For example, a student comes into your class 45 minutes late and interrupts you to ask what she missed. What will you do?   Answer Question

Clarksville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a woman from another company (decision toolbox) named Traci who was contracted by Delta to find candidates. She informed me that she had reviewed my resume on career builder or a similar website. She spoke with me several times and then I had a phone interview with someone from delta and also someone from my specific campus. I eventually had a face to face interview with the campus director and director of admissions. I was told a few days later that I was given the job.

Interview Question – I was asked to role play and pretend that I was trying to convince a student to come to school at my college who had many objections. The hardest part was considering how to overcome obstacles.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted their first offer.

Student Finance Interview

Student Finance

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation in April 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with different levels of managment.

Interview Question – Name a time in past employment when I was most successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation phase.

Sunbury, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received an email the same day asking to schedule an initial phone screen. Part of the email asked that prior to the phone screen, I provide a written response to the questions "What appealed to you about this opportunity and how has your background prepared you to be successful in it?"
To schedule the phone screen, I selected the date and times from an online calendar. I also replied to the question above via email.
At the phone screen, I was made aware that the screener was from a third party company. This is very important to keep in mind, as there are pros and cons to Delta using a third party company. The representative who was phone screening didn't know a lot about the position, so was unable to answer many of my questions, however as a third party representative, based on not having that knowledge they can only really look for key words. Be careful reading the job description of what they are looking for, so you can feed these buzz words back.
I was advised after the phone screen that Delta likes to act very quickly, so to expect a call by the next week, or else to call the representative back. Unfortunately, I didn't receive a call so ended up calling the representative back.

Interview Question – The question in the email, "What appealed to you about this opportunity and how has your background prepared you to be successful in it?" Could be tricky.   View Answer

Greenville, NC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with an Online Assesment, then I was selected for a Group Interview (they don't tell you its a group interview though). After that I had a One on One then took a personality test.

Interview Question – What can you bring to our team?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Low base pay, similar schools offer more. It took so long for them to finally offer that I accepted another position.

Admissions Interview

Admissions

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation in October 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview, one on one interview with Director then another one on one interview with the Regional Director.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Delta Career Education Corporation? Contribute to the Community!